**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Top 3 Champions in the game

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Who do you believe are the top 3 champions in the game - please explain.

I am a very moderate player who is just now getting 5 Star champions (I have 2). From my moderate experience, my thoughts are:

Vision - his speical Attacks all have Power Drain (which I think is the most useful ability); he’s also double immune

Magik - her special 2 has both Power Drain and Power Lock

Iceman - he doesn’t have Power Drain but that Ice Armor 5% damage limit is game changing.

Your thoughts.

Comments

• RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    stark spidey, corvus and blade/domino. i have a hard time not putting domino in the top 3
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    domino capiw blade
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    1. Blade (Obviously)
    2. Stark Spidey
    3. Domino
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Please explain your choices - I don’t have the experience yet to know all of the champions’ unique abilities.
    I have Blade as a 3 Star but why is he so good? He has regen but no Power Drain. He hits hard but his health is not extremely high. Why is he considered “god” tier by so many experienced players?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Corvus Glaive - Best burst damage champion, best AW bosskiller, can't die when awakened and Glaive's Immunity is active, true strike with Proxima Midnight synergy, and very high prestige contributes to high AQ rank rewards

Iceman - Immunity King (bleed/poison/incinerate), best evade counter champ when awakened, great for AW offense and defense, and ice armor can prevent KOs multiple times per fight

Dr. Voodoo - Amazing utility, can solo nearly all AW node/defender combinations, 30%+ health regeneration per fight, 50% ability accuracy reduction for both offensive and defensive abilities, power burn damage makes up for no debuff damage against poison immune champions, and high prestige contributes to high AQ rank rewards
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    I have Blade as a 3 Star but why is he so good? He has regen but no Power Drain. He hits hard but his health is not extremely high. Why is he considered “god” tier by so many experienced players?

It is a combination of things. First of all, there's no such thing as "best" champions because different parts of the game have different challenges and different demands, so sophisticated players tend to think more in terms of "best at what?" For example, in questing there are maps that are very long and have a lot of fights: champions that have healing (so-called "sustainable" champs) can be very useful there, and since they can save you from using potions they can actually save you resources and even money. In Alliance Quest there are very specific maps that generally don't change, and most alliances tend to assign certain people to certain paths. So some players need power control, some need immunity, some need healing, etc. Then there's Alliance War where you are fighting against defenders that the other players have put in front of you, and of course the higher in tier you go and the stronger the alliances you face, the more likely it is you will be facing the nastiest defenders that players can dig up: champions that are unblockable, have power gain, have difficult to evade animations, have powerful debuffs, etc.

The more progress you make in this game, the larger and stronger your roster of champions is going to get. You're eventually going to have at least some power control, some healing, some immunity. You're going to be able to tackle most monthly quest missions, most of the Acts, and eventually you'll have a stable Alliance Quest team. The biggest challenge which will also be a moving target will be Alliance War. In Alliance War Blade has some specific advantages that make him very useful there, as well as in other parts of the game.

First, he can heal a huge amount, and that healing doesn't depend on random effects like Wolverine. The more skilled you are, the more healing you can squeeze out of him. That's important in Alliance War because you are limited in the number of potions you can use per war (15) and because alliance potions are more expensive than the non-alliance ones you can use in regular content. If you make a mistake or get unlucky, skilled play can get you right back to at least 70%, and can save you a death in a fight.

Second, Danger Sense (the ability) makes him specifically stronger against a set of mystic champions that have typically been considered extremely strong defenders: Dormammu, Magik, Juggernaut, etc. Blade can typically reduce or turn off their special abilities (especially Limbo) and can end the fight much quicker, which is important because those defenders are often placed by players that have the mystic dispersion mastery. This allows the champion to gain power whenever the attacker expires a buff - very specifically when they evade attacks using Dexterity.

Third, Blade has synergies with two other champions that are also considered extremely strong attackers: Stark Spiderman and Ghost Rider. So while some champions have very good synergies with other champions but those other champions are not as useful (so they take up space on the team), the "holy trinity" team of Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spiderman is an especially strong team. It isn't the only such team around (at least not anymore) but it has been a recognized super-team of champions for the longest period of time.

Those properties make Blade particularly useful in Alliance War which is tends to be more important on average to higher tier players, and those properties are *also* useful in all other content. That makes Blade an all-around good champ that is especially good in the hardest content many higher tier players face. Outside of AW, healing is still valuable, and Blade does very good damage against anything not bleed immune. So good in quests, good in AQ, great in AW. That's what makes many players consider him a top tier champ.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Medusa, tech spidey and killmonger
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    1. Starky
    2. Blade with synergy
    3. Corvus
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Corvus
    Cap IW
    Blade
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Stark Spider-Man:
    Rare mix of high damage and utility. Poise gives him a huge attack boost, plus crit chance if he’s duped. He can evade almost anything, has a bit of power control, makes baiting specials easier, and Blade synergy.

Iceman:
    His Armor is great for enemies who have power gain or are relucnat to use special attacks. His Coldsnap shuts down evasion, he has good has a decent damage output due to Frostbite, and holy heckin’ heck his immunities.

Corvus Glaive:
    Dude has a lot going for him. Constantly getting True Strike, so no need to worry about pesky Evade or Auto Block. Super high damage due to his Armor break and crits, and one of the few champions Immune to Coldsnap.

Honorable mentions:
    Blade
    Killmonger
    Scarlet Witch
    Doctor Voodoo
    Quake
    Void
    Archangel
    Medusa
    Hyperion
    Magik
    Hela
    Heimdall
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It is a combination of things. First of all, there's no such thing as "best" champions because different parts of the game have different challenges and different demands, so sophisticated players tend to think more in terms of "best at what?" For example, in questing there are maps that are very long and have a lot of fights: champions that have healing (so-called "sustainable" champs) can be very useful there, and since they can save you from using potions they can actually save you resources and even money. In Alliance Quest there are very specific maps that generally don't change, and most alliances tend to assign certain people to certain paths. So some players need power control, some need immunity, some need healing, etc. Then there's Alliance War where you are fighting against defenders that the other players have put in front of you, and of course the higher in tier you go and the stronger the alliances you face, the more likely it is you will be facing the nastiest defenders that players can dig up: champions that are unblockable, have power gain, have difficult to evade animations, have powerful debuffs, etc.

The more progress you make in this game, the larger and stronger your roster of champions is going to get. You're eventually going to have at least some power control, some healing, some immunity. You're going to be able to tackle most monthly quest missions, most of the Acts, and eventually you'll have a stable Alliance Quest team. The biggest challenge which will also be a moving target will be Alliance War. In Alliance War Blade has some specific advantages that make him very useful there, as well as in other parts of the game.

First, he can heal a huge amount, and that healing doesn't depend on random effects like Wolverine. The more skilled you are, the more healing you can squeeze out of him. That's important in Alliance War because you are limited in the number of potions you can use per war (15) and because alliance potions are more expensive than the non-alliance ones you can use in regular content. If you make a mistake or get unlucky, skilled play can get you right back to at least 70%, and can save you a death in a fight.

Second, Danger Sense (the ability) makes him specifically stronger against a set of mystic champions that have typically been considered extremely strong defenders: Dormammu, Magik, Juggernaut, etc. Blade can typically reduce or turn off their special abilities (especially Limbo) and can end the fight much quicker, which is important because those defenders are often placed by players that have the mystic dispersion mastery. This allows the champion to gain power whenever the attacker expires a buff - very specifically when they evade attacks using Dexterity.

Third, Blade has synergies with two other champions that are also considered extremely strong attackers: Stark Spiderman and Ghost Rider. So while some champions have very good synergies with other champions but those other champions are not as useful (so they take up space on the team), the "holy trinity" team of Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spiderman is an especially strong team. It isn't the only such team around (at least not anymore) but it has been a recognized super-team of champions for the longest period of time.

Those properties make Blade particularly useful in Alliance War which is tends to be more important on average to higher tier players, and those properties are *also* useful in all other content. That makes Blade an all-around good champ that is especially good in the hardest content many higher tier players face. Outside of AW, healing is still valuable, and Blade does very good damage against anything not bleed immune. So good in quests, good in AQ, great in AW. That's what makes many players consider him a top tier champ.

Extremely thorough response - I can tell you’re an expert. Thanks! More responses like that please - that’s what helps us new players learn!
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Hard to say since there are so many uses for diff champs... my top 3 are:
    1.) Void
    2.) Blade
    3.) Ghost rider
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Honorable mentions:
    Blade
    Killmonger
    Scarlet Witch
    Doctor Voodoo
    Quake
    Void
    Archangel
    Medusa
    Hyperion
    Magik
    Hela
    Heimdall

I'll add one the OP might not be directly familiar with: OG Vision. Double immune (for the OP: immune to bleed, immune to poison), power burn (drains power and converts it into damage), heal block, and gains power automatically when awakened. Impossible to get outside special offers, but extremely useful even as a 4*. Ever since I got caught off guard and unit-poor when the 5* offer came along, I've been explicitly saving a unit war chest for if and when that offer ever comes back around.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Corvis Glave
    Burst damage is amazing once you get some charges stacked in his first twenty hits are always crits, so you can guess what that does for your damage.

Stark Spider man

This guy can do a lot of damage after you build up his poise charges, his taunt ability makes it easier to bait specials. his heavy hit gives a 43% power drain of what they have at the time. overall one of the best needs some time but not much time to rank him up.

I can't make up my mind who is better after these two both of them do not need to be awakened to be awesome, here are one or two Honorable mentions,

Angela
    one of the best constant damage dealers in the game also has a bit of regen can take a some damage and keep on ticking, think of her regen as a constant 50% reduction in enemy hits.

Killmonger
    Takes some practice but you can beat anyone if you play hard and fast hit the enemy use sp1, sp1, sp2 brace for the impact of special three his charges on the sp2 allow him to tank a sp3 then do it again. he also gains counter punch charges on his sp1 so it does not matter if your enemy is stun immune or not acts just like a parry.

This is my go to champs if I had a Hyperion I would probably throw him in as well. Many people have sated blade and awakened he is a god tier champ but unawakened he is not, just bear that in mind his regen is what makes him special. All of the above champs do not need to be awakened, to have close to their full potential. Have fun and remember to play around with the champs you have and decided who is best for you.

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    My Top 5:
    1. Iceman
    2. Cap IW
    3. Blade
    4. Hyperion
    5. Killmonger
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Colossus
    Iron patriot
    Kamala khan
  • Itay1234212Itay1234212 Posts: 62
    in the ens of the day, if sw was 5* or 6* all other champ can retired
  • phiguy721phiguy721 Posts: 197
    edited August 2018
    At the moment:

Corvus
    Void
    Blade

Or, so I'm told, given that I don't have any of them.
  • Blade
    Stark Spidey
    Corvus
  • DANTEPLAYMCOCDANTEPLAYMCOC Posts: 5
    Totally Corvus