**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Dale_Dobac wrote: »
    MD was the only thing saving the value of Mystic defenders. I actually like the change but my R4 Dorm is going to be useless on defense now. I’d have never taken him up.

I appreciate the change and my refund on units. What I really want back are my four T2As though.

And anybody saying these changes aren’t significant to warrant at least one class specific RDT are being disingenuous or they’re just uninformed. This is a huge nerf to that mastery and the class that depended on it for maximum value.

Tickets aren't for changes to Masteries.

Tickets are for whatever they deem them necessary for. Like a gift during the holidays last year.

Thanks for the super deep insight though.

No. Tickets are for major changes to the fundamental way the Champs specifically perform. Not for whatever they like. Some were given at Christmas for the express purpose of getting ready for the upcoming year, as a surprise gift. That's about it.
    People Rank who they want for whatever reason they have in the current meta. It's also served them a long time in that meta. Metas change. When you have a Mastery that interferes with basic functions like Evade, and is incongruent with how newer Champs perform, an Update is necessary. Bottom line is, the Champs themselves still perform exactly how they were meant to with or without MD.
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    When they changed how willpower worked on 12.0 they didn’t change the “suicide masteries” either. But the way they worked in conjunction with willpower was significant enough that compensation was given for those who had invested in LC and DE. How is this different?

Those champs that were ranked up to be defenders are greatly affected by this. There should be options to use those rare resources where they’d still have value.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Why not allow 6-7 days of the MD change and see how many kills Dorm doesn’t get anymore. Then rank down our Dorms, and give us those resources for us to decide if we should invest into him again
    edited August 2018
    /quote]

The Champs haven't been changed at all.

No they haven't. One definition of "mechanics" is "the details about how something works or is done". The MD mastery affects how all mystic champions work, that's why players are commenting about having in-game resources returned. Kabam is issuing refunds on mystic cores, why should only that in-game resource be refunded?

Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I like and respect you as a player but you are wrong here. MD is a add-on that you make a choice to invest in. Dorm is still Dorm if you take away MD. Even with the changes, he will still be good. They took away the effect Dex had on MD and that's it. It all acts the same it just won't make the mastery overpowered like it used too.

These changes nerf Dormammu's AW defender effectiveness substantially. Speculation about this is meaningless if you haven't fought a 4/55+ Dormammu boss in tier 1-3 AW. As previously mentioned, Kabam is refunding mystic cores. That tells us they know the MD/dexterity nerf is worthy of having in-game resources refunded. Not refunding other in-game resources doesn't make sense.

It doesn't affect how all Mystic Champs work. Just the Mystic Champs and MD relationship. The Mastery itself is what's changing, and they're refunding accordingly.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    I purchased many of my mastery cores using units through gifting last Christmas. Why are gifted cores being refunded loyalty only? Why wouldn't they also be refunded based on how they were purchased. Please change this as the gifting events are part of the game and we should still be able to be compensated the way we paid. You cannot even gift the cores using loyalty. its like we are being punished for participation in your event. Again please change the gifted cores to a unit compensation. @Kabam Miike

You didn't spend units on those Cores if they were gifted to you. You're lucky they're giving Loyalty for Cores obtained that way. Or am I misunderstanding and you want the person that gifted you the cores to get their units back?

-Suits

If you are not familiar with the gifting event, there is usually a commerce about it in your alliance where you would gift items of equal unit value to further you and your alliance in reaching higher milestones. Whether or not ,I directly purchased the item, it was purchased with units and therefore should be refunded this way.
    An example of this logic would be if someone purchased me a gift and then there was a recall on it by the maunfacturer, They would refund me the cost of the item regardless .
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    ShadowNet wrote: »
    How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?

MD is still fueled but expiring buffs. She will still fuel MD as she did before.

"Expires (specifically meaning the Buff lasts its full duration)."

Her buffs work differently though, at each bar she has one buff without duration (can't last full duration if there is no duration) that changes when you cross a bar of power, then she gets another one from every crit that might be refreshing itself every time (also not lasting full duration since it refreshes before it gets a chance). And she gets a 3rd buff every time she uses a special that is a regular buff with a timer and can expire.

Im interested to hear how each of these buffs will interact with MD.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    /quote]

The Champs haven't been changed at all.

No they haven't. One definition of "mechanics" is "the details about how something works or is done". The MD mastery affects how all mystic champions work, that's why players are commenting about having in-game resources returned. Kabam is issuing refunds on mystic cores, why should only that in-game resource be refunded?

I like and respect you as a player but you are wrong here. MD is a add-on that you make a choice to invest in. Dorm is still Dorm if you take away MD. Even with the changes, he will still be good. They took away the effect Dex had on MD and that's it. It all acts the same it just won't make the mastery overpowered like it used too.

These changes nerf Dormammu's AW defender effectiveness substantially. Speculation about this is meaningless if you haven't fought a 4/55+ Dormammu boss in tier 1-3 AW. As previously mentioned, Kabam is refunding mystic cores. That tells us they know the MD/dexterity nerf is worthy of having in-game resources refunded. Not refunding other in-game resources doesn't make sense.

Yes with the option to re-rank if desired. Its really only effecting the dex mastery, which a large majority of people have been wanting changed for ages. Dorm still has all of his other abilities that make him a great champ in a lot of situations but again, MD is not a mechanic of Dorm. If Dorm had MD as a built in ability, I would agree with you
    How will new MD interact with Angelas conveyor belt of buffs? Are her buffs refreshing with every crit or are they replacing each other?

MD is still fueled but expiring buffs. She will still fuel MD as she did before.

"Expires (specifically meaning the Buff lasts its full duration)."

Her buffs work differently though, at each bar she has one buff without duration (can't last full duration if there is no duration) that changes when you cross a bar of power, then she gets another one from every crit that might be refreshing itself every time (also not lasting full duration since it refreshes before it gets a chance). And she gets a 3rd buff every time she uses a special that is a regular buff with a timer and can expire.

Im interested to hear how each of these buffs will interact with MD.

I have her as a R4 5* and use her all the time. Her buffs can expire but are also easily "renewed". Its possible to either have a easier time or a really bad time if you aren't paying attention to whats going on with them.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I recently dropped a few thousand units to spec out of MD and take my 1/5 DW to 5/5 DW.

I'll be pretty happy to get all of those units back from the 5 ranks of MD!
  • xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    I purchased many of my mastery cores using units through gifting last Christmas. Why are gifted cores being refunded loyalty only? Why wouldn't they also be refunded based on how they were purchased. Please change this as the gifting events are part of the game and we should still be able to be compensated the way we paid. You cannot even gift the cores using loyalty. its like we are being punished for participation in your event. Again please change the gifted cores to a unit compensation. @Kabam Miike

You didn't spend units on those Cores if they were gifted to you. You're lucky they're giving Loyalty for Cores obtained that way. Or am I misunderstanding and you want the person that gifted you the cores to get their units back?

-Suits

If you are not familiar with the gifting event, there is usually a commerce about it in your alliance where you would gift items of equal unit value to further you and your alliance in reaching higher milestones. Whether or not ,I directly purchased the item, it was purchased with units and therefore should be refunded this way.
    An example of this logic would be if someone purchased me a gift and then there was a recall on it by the maunfacturer, They would refund me the cost of the item regardless .

I'm familiar with the gifting event, which is why I responded. You're not specifically buying the cores in that scenario, someone else is. I'm also not disagreeing with you, just fyi, but rather trying to provide what I assume is Kabam's reasoning for giving Loyalty for those cores vs units. It would be impossible for Kabam to match units you spent for gifts to the cores you received as gifts.

-Suits
    MissMissy wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Will players who used rare in-game resources like 5* awakening gems and 5* signature stones on mystic champions have the option to get those resources returned? Your previous statement on rank down tickets meets the criteria you stated is necessary for those to be issued:

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

I used a 5* generic awakening gem and 5* signature stones on Dormammu 15 days before the MD/Dexterity beta testing was announced. Had I known the approved MD/Dexterity nerf was being considered, I would not have chosen to use these rare in-game resources on Dormammu:

[REMOVED IMAGE TO PROTECT PRIVACY]

We don't have any plans to issue Rank Down tickets or refund any other resources for this change. However, Dormammu was a Champion that we kept a very close eye on while coming up with proposed changes, and his effectiveness in the Beta before we committed to these changes.

We're going to continue to keep a close eye on all Mystic Champions after this change, and Dormammu in particular, as this change goes out into the wild.

Please be a little more transparent. What do you mean “we’re going to keep a close on on all champs, and Dormammu in particular.”

So you watch him be shelved on defense because he is significantly nerfed by this decision and then what??

I surely would NOT R4/R5 him given these changes. And I do think those that did, deserve RDTs

I built my entire defense around mystic champs... Sadly I have spent my awakening gems and resources to make this happen

I would like to see MYSTIC rank down tickets for R4 and R5 champs

Why would you build and entire defense around one type of champ instead of diversifying?
  • TeeNahNTeeNahN Posts: 28
    So now that all Mystic Defenders have been nerfed to the ground, will there be rank down tickets?
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    MD was the only thing saving the value of Mystic defenders. I actually like the change but my R4 Dorm is going to be useless on defense now. I’d have never taken him up.

I appreciate the change and my refund on units. What I really want back are my four T2As though.

And anybody saying these changes aren’t significant to warrant at least one class specific RDT are being disingenuous or they’re just uninformed. This is a huge nerf to that mastery and the class that depended on it for maximum value.

Tickets are for whatever they deem them necessary for. Like a gift during the holidays last year.

Tickets are for major changes to the fundamental way the Champs specifically perform. Not for whatever they like. Some were given at Christmas for the express purpose of getting ready for the upcoming year, as a surprise gift. That's about it.

So tickets are ONLY for major changes to the fundamental way that champs perform, and NOT for whatever Kabam likes, BUT they were given out at Christmas for a completely unrelated reason? You're funny. I like you. You should post more funny things on the forums - I think everyone here enjoys a good laugh.

Their intended purpose is what I stated. If they want to do something for people at Christmas, it's their call. Yes. It's their game.
  • Wsm10 wrote: »
    I'm not incredibly bright and following along with everything game-wise isn't my forte, but I need a little help. I have a stony mastery core and a mystic mastery core I've been saving for a while, those both are being taken and I'm being refunded for my units used on both, even though I've never messed with MD? I'm genuinely asking, because I am lost after reading the info. It sounds like yes, as I've read comments and responses as well, I just want to make sure I follow along. Apparently very slowly, at that. o:)

No, they are only refunding the Mystic Cores. You will still have your Stony Core.

-Suits
  • cab55cab55 Posts: 34
    I'm interested in this part:
    You will then have the option to once again purchase the Mastery Cores necessary to Unlock and Rank Up Mystic Dispersion, For the week following September 11th, Mystic Mastery Cores will be available in the Loyalty and Mastery store, and there will be no cost to rank up your Masteries!

No cost to rank up the masteries, from September 11 until when?
    This means no gold and no cores for any mastery? or just MD?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    As always lack of info on what will exactly happen after your NERF. Also a very short testing period with basically no wars? Great choice! You absolutely need to give us AT LEAST Mystic RDTs!

My R5 Dormammu say thanks!
  • Luciel83Luciel83 Posts: 16
    Summoners!

We're just announced some changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity that are coming your way early next month! Take a look at the announcement, read through the FAQ, and ask any questions that you might have here.

Hey Mike another question, now that it's the 1st time answer my question about the game, how about pure skill???, same thing since bw was nerfed the options doesnt work, what u guys going to do...???
  • ImnewbyImnewby Posts: 34
    Hey Miike,

Big fan, back again. Couple questions this time:

First, about the delivery of the MYSTIC DISPERSION (MD) refund:
    Will it be an in-game message? Showing both units and loyalty to claim? Or will it be more like a refund just added to our unit and loyalty stash? And a message letting as know our refund was added.

I did the math, and with myself getting to rank 4 MD, I will get approximately 600K Loyalty back, but i don't remember if I used some units or not, that is why i am inquiring.

Second, some mystic cores can be acquired as a rare drops through the class daily quests, will we get those cores back? or the units equivalent? or the loyalty equivalent?

And finally, in order to unlock MD, you have to have 11 points in utility. I had to buy extra masteries to unlock it, will we get those items spent in order to unlock MD? or does the refund only apply to direct MD?

(Miike, omit this on reply)
    And as a side note, to those of you requesting RDT's, stawhhhp, they ruin the game. I remember 12.0 RDT's, the higher alliances were able to rework their prestige with them and made it harder for the smaller alliances to get up to those juicy rewards. I would be highly surprised if RDT's ever make an appearance again.

Tickets are for major changes to the fundamental way the Champs specifically perform. Not for whatever they like. Some were given at Christmas for the express purpose of getting ready for the upcoming year, as a surprise gift. That's about it.

So tickets are ONLY for major changes to the fundamental way that champs perform, and NOT for whatever Kabam likes, BUT they were given out at Christmas for a completely unrelated reason? You're funny. I like you. You should post more funny things on the forums - I think everyone here enjoys a good laugh.

Their intended purpose is what I stated. If they want to do something for people at Christmas, it's their call. Yes. It's their game.

So now you're saying they CAN do whatever they want with RDTs. Way to backtrack pal, and thanks for agreeing with me and finally changing your opinion on something.

Your point doesn't apply. They can do whatever they want because it's their product. That's a given.
    As for the Tickets, they've expressed time and time again what their intedned use is. The fact that they gave some at Christmas as a rare surprise doesn't change that. I'm willing to bet the intention wasn't to have it twisted for the next year. There's a difference between giving them out as a gift so people can prepare for the upcoming year, and totally contradicting their use, giving thousands to people for changes to something that is in no way changing specifics of Champs, and opening a Pandora's Box of a precedent that will lead to a floodgate of asking for them.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    So if I'm reading this correctly then unlike willpower, mystic dispersion will be locked and we have to unlock again? Why not go the willpower way with this too? Suicides was the same thing, if you had those, you didn't have to unlock again.
This discussion has been closed.