**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Deathmatch change with Season Rewards?

ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
So this was just the 17th match and I know that it's usually unsafe until match 21 or so, but I ran into a deathmatch with my strongest 4/40s, which has never happened before.
Is this a result of war season rewards and rank ups happening, or just that I need to use better champs?
h2ykn1pxdo6r.jpg

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Update: sandbagging don't work either, this is the easiest matchup
    7igid6fc2c9y.jpg
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I’m not trying to be rude or anything but those aren’t tough matchups. Use better champs till 18-19 if that’s too tough
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    I’m not trying to be rude or anything but those aren’t tough matchups. Use better champs till 18-19 if that’s too tough

It’s okay that he’s rude though, at least he isn’t trying.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    not really a death match....season rewards from war wouldn't even affect arena match ups...
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Those death matches are a result of too low a pi, not too high. Sandbagging was not a good choice there.
    Nah it's not too tough I could still get through, it's just that this hasn't happened before
    Used to be able to run 4/40 teams without these matchups from 16 onwards
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I'm surprised people still sandbag..I been stopped doing that awhile ago
    @bm3epps this is actually the first time I tried sandbagging bc someone suggested it to me in the ally
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    @bm3epps this is actually the first time I tried sandbagging bc someone suggested it to me in the ally

I mean it does work to an extent, but at win 17 which is "infinity" streak..never sandbag
    bm3epps wrote: »

I mean it does work to an extent, but at win 17 which is "infinity" streak..never sandbag

That's exactly my point, I hit the infinite streak and still came up against this matchup. Not saying it's impossible but it's not normal for me.
    bm3epps wrote: »

That's exactly my point, I hit the infinite streak and still came up against this matchup. Not saying it's impossible but it's not normal for me.

I meant once you are at that win streak..you should never sandbag for anything and if you do for whatever reason..place the sandbag champ in the middle or at the bottom..never let it be your first player on the block as you don't have any margin for error