**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Not sure if this has been asked but will the dexterity change effect the way dormammu’s signature ability will trigger his degeneration when evading him @Kabam Miike
  • 93joe93joe Posts: 0
    I only rank 4 and rank 5 some of my 5* and 4* Mystics champions because of MD and how awesome it was , shouldn't you guys give rank down tickets to the players since Dexterity and MD are not going to be what it uses to be ?? (Let's be honest its not gonna be the same)
  • JBenjaminJBenjamin Posts: 27
    Can you please answer my question about Loki? Will he gain power, if MD is active, from stealing buffs with Special-1 or from the opponent being Cursed?
    Stealing isn’t nullifying, so I’m assuming that’s a no. That’s going to hit him pretty hard.
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    No because no champions abilities were changed.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    93joe wrote: »
    I only rank 4 and rank 5 some of my 5* and 4* Mystics champions because of MD and how awesome it was , shouldn't you guys give rank down tickets to the players since Dexterity and MD are not going to be what it uses to be ?? (Let's be honest its not gonna be the same)

They are refunding any cores purchased or found
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    So only mystic cores are being refunded?
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    edited August 2018
    All u MD mystic guys took advantage of a broken mechanic for so long ... u don’t deserve any RDT... if they give RDt, u shud also give back all your AW winnings as well made possible by those OP mystic defenders before blade came

And for the record, i have 5/5 MD but this is good chng

Just for clarification, what mechanic wasn't working as intended? Not attacking. Just asking.
  • KienMinhKienMinh Posts: 14
    edited August 2018
    what about cores that were received during trading using units.. will those cores be reimbursed as units or what?
  • MD has been working as intended and many people including myself have used valuable end game resources to take champions up because of the way MD works. Will there be any class specific rank down ticket that I can use on my now useless champion that I used T2Alpha on?
  • rrossjdrrossjd Posts: 1
    What about the ‘mastery point recovery’ items I used to get 5/5 MD— will you refund those too? What good is giving us back the units and loyalty spent but not being able to recover the mastery points and redo our entire set-up?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Hey Miike,

I saw you say that the team has no plans to provide rank down tickets at this time and that champion performance will be monitored (Dorm in particular). I have several follow up questions:

1) Did the team discuss the possibility of rank down tickets stemming from this change? If so, can you elaborate on why the team decided they felt they were unnecessary? And if not, will the team be willing to have that discussion if the users request it?

2) What is the threshold for rank down tickets currently? I feel like the meta shift with this issue would easily qualify with the previously defined threshold, but that's just my opinion and I understand others may feel differently. If the threshold had changed, please share that with us.

3) You mention monitoring champions. Please elaborate on how you are monitoring this (what metrics, etc), and for how long you will be conducting this monitoring. Furthermore, please be willing to share the results with the community. That level of transparency will certain help the community to better understand the team's thought process.

4) Please don't just look at Dorm. I fully expect Juggs to be a much less effective defender as a result of this change as well.

Thank you!
    Hey there! These are some great questions, and I hope these answers shed a little light on the topics.

We have discussed the possibility of Rank Down Tickets, and have not decided for or against them. We're not going to give them out for this change independently of seeing how it actually affects these Champions. While we didn't see any significant/noticeable drops in performance in the Beta, we're going to keep an eye on this now that it will be out in the wild.

The threshold will always vary, and there is no "set" answer that we can give here. We always look at what the impact of the change will be, and examine our data on the topic. I can say that they are not for Meta Shifts. Those are things that will always happen, and are good for the game and need to continue to happen. Those are much more natural and something that we should always expect. This doesn't mean that you should always be wary of where/when you're spending your resources, but remember that what may be the top of the top right now, may not be in a few months or a year.

What we monitor will vary from situation to situation. For example, when looking at the effectiveness of Mystic Dispersion on a Defender, how often does it trigger? On a Defender in general, what is their win rate? How much HP do they end a fight with in comparison to how much they started with (Damage dealt vs Damage taken)? How long are their fights? For an attacker with Mystic Dispersion, how often are they able to make use of it? How often can they get their special attacks off? This is not a one size fits all solution. In an even more general sense, it will include usage rates, and which nodes they are placed on. For instance, are they being used more or less on a Boss Node or a Miniboss node? We have a lot of data collected on the effectiveness of these Champions in the old MD world, and will be comparing the two.

And we are definitely not just going to watch Dormammu! Juggernaut is one that you guys have mentioned, and we're going to make sure he's also very closely monitored. We're going to be watching all of our Mystic Champions in this new MD world!

Thanks for the answer.

Any chance you guys will share the results of the monitoring? I know I'd be interested to see them. But I'm a data nerd at heart.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    edited August 2018
    @Kabam Miike Thank you for what you have shared. Would you at least be able to update us on whether or not kabam is considering the concerns that several of us have about gifted mystic cores not being reimbursed with units?
  • RedPyramidHeadRedPyramidHead Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike it says will only trigger MD if expires or is nullified. So will Loki’s buff steal trigger his MD when he steals buffs?
  • NitoNito Posts: 70
    @Kabam Miike Loki currently trigger MD when he steals a buff. Will this be the case after the update? I don’t know if Buff steal is considered nullification. If it doesnt fuel MD, that’s a pretty severe blow to people who use Loki a lot. Just curious though. Thanks
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    @Kabam Miike it says will only trigger MD if expires or is nullified. So will Loki’s buff steal trigger his MD when he steals buffs?

@Kabam Miike said they are keeping an eye on how Rogue's mechanics will interact with the changes as she steals buffs with her L1. The same probably applies to Loki.
This discussion has been closed.