**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, I fought a guy in Arena yesterday...

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    I maxed my venom, abom, and carnage just because I love ‘em so much

Is it true that some people think Venom needs a buff? I always thought he hit kinda hard? No? Yes? Maybe?
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Rhino, Abom and Punisher were all good defenders in a not so distant past ... punisher on sp2 node in old map was lethal ... rhino was solid and Abom can catch anyone out .. he probably ranked them then
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Me too I love using punisher 2099 and Red skull and Sentry all the time
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Rhino, Abom and Punisher were all good defenders in a not so distant past ... punisher on sp2 node in old map was lethal ... rhino was solid and Abom can catch anyone out .. he probably ranked them then

I was thinking the same thing. Even now, they would be decent diversity defenders for low to middle tier alliances.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I skipped over a lot of comments so I could add what I was thinking

I will absolutely rank 4* who are cool to me. I get stingy with the 5* right now, but then again, my first r4 5* was venompool (cmon guys, some of us were roped into rank ups we didnt totally want).

Lately whenever I overflow of t4cc I just pick the next 4* champ I want to use in arena. Maybe theyll get used in quest, but not usually. Thats how I ended up with Carnage, Dr s, Phoenix, howard, OG cap and a few others. I have some like blade, gp, void sitting at r1 because I haven't gotten to them. I rank 4* for fun to use resources or complete synergies.
    @Helicopter_dugdugdug and @DNA3000:

Ha! Man, I had totally forgotten about the days when people ranked up Abominations for that enhanced poison node, back in the day. The reason it slipped my mind is because I never ran across any 5/50s, but my alliance was never more than mid-tier. We saw a few things, but never a 5/50 Punisher or Abomination

That's funny, though -- I'm sure you two are right in your assessment. But damn it, I'm still gonna rank up whoever the heck I want for a long time to come, because I honestly believe that this game is more fun than I have allowed it to be for me, and I enjoy it quite a bit as it is.

So, for anyone who might care even a little, here's who's going up to 5/50 over the next year, depending on T4CC availability:

1. OG Ms. Marvel (only need 6,000 more shards and it's a done deal)
    2. Bishop (Could do it right now, but want to wait until I try to dupe him when his Basic arena comes next week)
    3. War Machine (Gonna take a while; have zero Tech cats at the moment)
    4. Punisher (Want to wait until I have 30 sig stones available before I take him up)
    5. OG Daredevil (That could be really fun; he's at Level 99 already)
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    To whomever mentioned Spider Gwen, same boat. My 4 star is sitting at 4/40 and I want to take her to 5/50 like she deserves. She's one small change to her S1 to make her a top champ IMO in fun and effective play.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I've got my Punisher at 4/40, Sig 99 and I'm soooooo tempted to 5/50 him. He's just fun to play with. And I gained a real respect for the combination of his Endure Pain ability with his SP3 Attack bonus in the arenas a long time ago. 'Don't ever have a fight you can avoid against Frank' became something of a mantra before I got the hang of baiting specials.

That Sig ability even worked for me when I took him against Infinity Thanos' Death Touch; which was something Blade wouldn't be able to do.

I've got Blade as an option, but he's Unawakened at 3/30, and I'm still thinking... Maybe I should go with Frank.
    I've got my Punisher at 4/40, Sig 99 and I'm soooooo tempted to 5/50 him. He's just fun to play with. And I gained a real respect for the combination of his Endure Pain ability with his SP3 Attack bonus in the arenas a long time ago. 'Don't ever have a fight you can avoid against Frank' became something of a mantra before I got the hang of baiting specials.

That Sig ability even worked for me when I took him against Infinity Thanos' Death Touch; which was something Blade wouldn't be able to do.

I've got Blade as an option, but he's Unawakened at 3/30, and I'm still thinking... Maybe I should go with Frank.

DO IT

I'll be right behind you -- and for the record, I freaking LOVE Open Wounds
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I will absolutely rank 4* who are cool to me. I get stingy with the 5* right now, but then again, my first r4 5* was venompool (cmon guys, some of us were roped into rank ups we didnt totally want).

Lately whenever I overflow of t4cc I just pick the next 4* champ I want to use in arena. Maybe theyll get used in quest, but not usually. Thats how I ended up with Carnage, Dr s, Phoenix, howard, OG cap and a few others. I have some like blade, gp, void sitting at r1 because I haven't gotten to them. I rank 4* for fun to use resources or complete synergies.

Isn't Venompool effective, though? Maybe it's just me, but my 3/30 has always seemed to be pretty freaking tough to me
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Isn't Venompool effective, though? Maybe it's just me, but my 3/30 has always seemed to be pretty freaking tough to me

YES! ANOTHER VP LOVER!

one of the most reliable regens if the opponent has buffs, its off sp1, and he has healblock. It was a decent r4 at the time. Downranked him for Blade... lol
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    My favourite is Howard and green goblin. I get excited on each special attack. From mutants I like phsyloke and oml. (Duck arc angle, I only use him for damage else he’s boring with animation). In mystic mordo Is cool. And best guy is Mephistopheles, such mighty animations. From science I like spidergwen for smooth combos. She feels so good on fingers. And another one is void. His special animations are better than sentry. From skill champs daredevil(both) is my favourite. And black panther civil war is cool (by animation, else he’s no use at all) from cosmic medusa is really fun to use. Not mention venom. He’s my favourite character from MCU.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    what's the problem?

one guy in my alliance (+400k pi) has a 4/55 kamala khan
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I do this with my 3* Champs. I'll grind for them in arena, use my overflowing awakening gems on them then max them out. I have almost every champ in the game that is available as a 3*, and having this variety makes this fun while grinding for milestones/units/battlechips.

Only champs I dont have are Corvus, Sentinel, and Sabretooth but they'll be maxed once I pull them from a crystal (someday).
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I took my duped 5* rocket to 3/45, I love that guy. I also really enjoy playing Spider-Gwen, I got like 7 stacks of armor break with her once! 😁
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I've always encouraged Ranking whoever you want. It's alot more enjoyable than being told who to Rank and trying to keep up with everyone else.
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    My favorite champions to play is Moon Knight, TaskMaster, and Civil Warrior. I think they are under utilized and are super fun. I heavily enjoy playing them, I think i might have found my inspiration to rank them. :)

I love task master. Really enjoy him in longer fights. 👍
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I took my duped 5* rocket to 3/45, I love that guy. I also really enjoy playing Spider-Gwen, I got like 7 stacks of armor break with her once! 😁

Not that I would necessarily recommend this match up, but I found it hilarious when by chance my 4* spider gwen got matched up against a much higher PI IMIW in the arena, and she just destroyed him.
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    I 4/55 my Goldpool because Goldpool haha. He's good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's elite by any means. Granted I pulled a Xbones and IMIW right after....so minor regrets there, but ultimately still happy with Goldpool. BTW, I'm in the same boat as op, uncollected and just doing solo shenanigans.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Spider-Gwen gets unnecessary flak over her L1. Considering there are a lot of champs better off using their L2 (like Scarlet Witch), I find it rather unfair

She armor-breaks, she stuns, she hits hard. One of the smoothest to you too. Her heavy attack on Trap mode is also a winner
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I may be wrong, but, the more high ranking champs you have, the more points you get in arena grinding. So, easier to reach 4-5M.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I'd love to r5 my Joe Fix it. If I ever have science t4cc going to overflow I'm doing it. Been pulling a lot of good science champs lately so it might be a while but it will happen...
  • You ever run rocket raccoon just to see how much damage you can do with special 2? Still fun
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    For me I am debating whether to use t4cc on 5* duped Thor Rag... He seems kinda weak, but I do think he is quite fun to play and I love me some good old classic champs (even though he is a newer version, he's still the Thor I've always loved).

You have no idea how much I wish all of our old classic favorite champs were better in this game... I want to play Dr Strange as a 5*, I want classic IM to be amazing... I want Black Panther to be so much better than he is... It really would be refreshing to see some more updates to all of our favorite Avengers.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    For me I am debating whether to use t4cc on 5* duped Thor Rag... He seems kinda weak, but I do think he is quite fun to play and I love me some good old classic champs (even though he is a newer version, he's still the Thor I've always loved).

You have no idea how much I wish all of our old classic favorite champs were better in this game... I want to play Dr Strange as a 5*, I want classic IM to be amazing... I want Black Panther to be so much better than he is... It really would be refreshing to see some more updates to all of our favorite Avengers.

With deep wounds, BP is a buzzsaw.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited August 2018
    I used to follow the prestige list to to get more resources but then I realized I was following it too much and decided to break apart from it and just rank whoever I want and it worked well for me. I later decided to r5 all champs I can get no matter who they are because it’s fun to play them in arenas. We don’t even know if some very oldcrappy champ suddenly have its shining moment in the new and harder Contest. Take Ronan for example (not c r a p), he’s been benched for a long time until we meet Red Skull and Hydra Adaptoid in this Uncollected event month and I’m surprised that I never r5 him, a 4*, I’m planning to r5 him soon when I have enough cosmic recourses just in case he may shine again someday.