**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion requirements - my concern

thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I was looking over the post amd got the feeling that its whole point is to force us to grind for more characters.

Seeing we have have little to no control on what character we get from crystals, we are going to get punished for not randomly getting the correct champion.

The only way I see this working is if the needed champion could be unlocked after completing a previous champion.

Another problem is that they want to for us NOT to use our strongest that we put our time & money into. We all know that if they do have a way to unlock a needed champion for later progression, they will be massively gimped. (Like a 2 or 3 star unlock).

This sounds about as bad of an idea as bringing in gear for characters.

Our teams will be forced to drag dead weight on a map to complete.

Comments

• thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    I'll use this as an example...

During the GGTM event, I didnt have Baron Mordo, I ended up having to win 160+ 1 vs 1 matches just for 1 champion seeing I had no control on the crystal drops and the system was not selecting the drop based on what I needed.

It was not fun being forced to play a way I didnt want to for a character I didn't have.

If this is the future of the game, I may not stay around.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    All of us are going to face one issue or another. Would it not be a possibility not to take part in that quest?

I did not join the monthly Cabal quest at all.
    It is not necessary to play every event.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I was looking over the post amd got the feeling that its whole point is to force us to grind for more characters.

Seeing we have have little to no control on what character we get from crystals, we are going to get punished for not randomly getting the correct champion.

The only way I see this working is if the needed champion could be unlocked after completing a previous champion.

Another problem is that they want to for us NOT to use our strongest that we put our time & money into. We all know that if they do have a way to unlock a needed champion for later progression, they will be massively gimped. (Like a 2 or 3 star unlock).

This sounds about as bad of an idea as bringing in gear for characters.

Our teams will be forced to drag dead weight on a map to complete.

You are not required to play every quest and win every level, and you should pressure yourself that way. This is a game with a ton of contests/quests that you can play.

At the same time, Kabam obviously is a business and needs to make money to stay afloat, so, yeah, they certainly build money-making schemes into their contests, and this should be expected. Again, you don't have to spend money; that's a choice. I love this game and want Kabam to succeed financially, but I don't buy most of the things they offer.

• DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    something new and the complain starts before the event LOL

it's fun (at least for me) grinding champs for quests, and they said this is gonna be an event only for 2* and 3*, that's awesome dude, you use your strongest champions every day in other stuff

i don't see the problem here,
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I'll use this as an example...

During the GGTM event, I didnt have Baron Mordo, I ended up having to win 160+ 1 vs 1 matches just for 1 champion seeing I had no control on the crystal drops and the system was not selecting the drop based on what I needed.

It was not fun being forced to play a way I didnt want to for a character I didn't have.

If this is the future of the game, I may not stay around.

The system does not select drops based on what u need or don’t need
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Honestly, this is an awesome thing to happen.

I have a massive roster of 2* and 3* champs, maxed and all, just sitting there idling.
    This gives them value again. I can go and use any maxed champ I need for the quest at hand, and not be limited to those champs you yourself stated having put time and effort into. You get to play around with other skillsets other than the 4 or 5 you always use. I don't get the comlplaint from anyone that uses their roster normally. Those that intentionally keep selling their champs will have trouble here. And that's on you. Don't seel champs lol..

But, you know, there is a reaaaaal easy solution for you to this problem you think it to be:
    Don't play it.

It is really that simple.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    I was looking over the post amd got the feeling that its whole point is to force us to grind for more characters.quote]

How are you forced to grind for something that is a option to play or don't play?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Early maps in the story mode had class-specific and sometimes even champ-specific gates for certain paths. I remember early on not being able to 100% an early map because I didn't yet have a tech champ. I just skipped it and game back when normal progression granted me a tech champ. It wasn't a big deal.

These requirements don't sound too restrictive. I don't think it'll be a big issue. If anything, it sounds like it'll reward summoners who have been diligent in upgrading some of their 2* and 3* champs...even if at the time it was only for solo event rewards. I love that this game rewards patience and good resource management. This new requirement system just strikes me as an example of that.

And if you're an end-game player and haven't touched your 2* and 3* champs in a while, this could turn out to be fun. I tend to have a good time playing the lesser-used champs in those arenas. It breaks up the monotony.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Let’s see how the event unfold before complaining today is the first right thing kabam has done in months by announcing that the summoner crystal would be extended another week should be another 3 but it’s a step in the right direction