**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help with 5.2.4

I was just looking for some adivice on 5.2.4, I’m really struggling with it at the minute. I was wondering if some one could look over my roster and let me know who would be the best options to use and if there were any tips you could pass on. zfpactam3pnj.png
0ci6ny23ladk.png
gdpoxybtxuk7.png

Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Medusa should help with masochism, constant armor breaks and such
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    Gwenpool should be able to out damage the regen. Hulk and hyperion are good choices because they don't apply debuffs.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Make sure you use Ultron for anything Caltdrops related. If you pull Archangel soon he makes the chapter so much easier. I think Hawkeye would be good to use too.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Which path are you trying to do? The middle path with magik and DS are a real pain because they have buffet and masochism on at the same time.

• IrishReaverIrishReaver Posts: 27
    I used AA, HE, Iceman, Hela, and Voodoo for the time I actually made it through. For some reason I couldn’t get through with the “trinity” or other synergy variations, maybe I wasn’t patient enough who knows. All are max 4 stars, Hela is a duped 5 r3.

I don’t know why, but this was the most difficult/frustrating part of clearing 2 for me, I let it sit for like 6 months or so before finally deciding to power through. There was no grace or skill involved, I just beat my way through it, used a TON of items and units. (No actual $ though) I didn’t even care.

I used no units, one team revive, and tossed about 6 20% revives on Hulk for the collector. Go figure. Good luck man!
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Woof. It appears you don't have either Vision. He is the absolute boss of that chapter, because he doesn't do buffs.

Man. That chapter...ugh.

Your best bet, from what I am looking at and as noted above: Power through Caltrops with Ultron. Your Hulk isn't awakened, so you aren't gonna be able to out damage that lane
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    keep trying on yellow jacket, don't go further if you can't solo him, once you get the timing is so much easy

if Cable appears as an ambush, quit and start over again, no kiding
  • Jamie2289Jamie2289 Posts: 91
    Managed to get through the chapter. With a few revives and practice just 5.2.5 and the collector to do now, not really looking forward to that haha.

Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated
    Jamie2289 wrote: »
    Managed to get through the chapter. With a few revives and practice just 5.2.5 and the collector to do now, not really looking forward to that haha.

Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated

Congratulations -- it's the worst chapter, to me. Good luck the rest of the way.

Just another quick question. Should I take either hulk or ultron to rank 4?

I have 2 t2a sitting in my overflow which I don’t want to lose and I can’t see me getting the cosmic t4 with in the next 30 days before I lose them to take madusa to rank 4
    Just another quick question. Should I take either hulk or ultron to rank 4?

I have 2 t2a sitting in my overflow which I don’t want to lose and I can’t see me getting the cosmic t4 with in the next 30 days before I lose them to take madusa to rank 4

Well, if you can spare the gold and other materials, I'd take up Ultron -- yeah, his damage is a little lacking. But that double immunity is so valuable, and he does have bleed and regen

I love Hulk, too. But yours isn't awakened, so to me, if you have the resources to spare, it's Ultron
    To be fair ultron has been my MVP for quite a few quests. Like you say the fights are longer but he does have a lot of utility.

I was thinking hulk for the collector because I do have a 4 star Thor rags that would still give him the indistucatble but im not sure whether it’s worth it with out the extra damage he gains from is awakened ability
    To be fair ultron has been my MVP for quite a few quests. Like you say the fights are longer but he does have a lot of utility.

I was thinking hulk for the collector because I do have a 4 star Thor rags that would still give him the indistucatble but im not sure whether it’s worth it with out the extra damage he gains from is awakened ability

That's always the question, isn't it?

If you truly believe in the long game and luck being ever in your favor, then you take a deep breath and rank up the Hulk. You know? Because if he ever gets awakened, then yeah, the damage increase is real. My 5/50 Hulk puts in work all the time for me.

But if you're looking at utility and value right now, then yeah, it's Ultron. He's just one notch below awesome, to me -- sometimes, I think people take him for granted a little bit because he's a bit of an older character who just doesn't deal huge, eye-catching damage

• IrishReaverIrishReaver Posts: 27
    Great job!

I agree with ESF, if you intend to play for a while, I would bet on Hulk, once awakened he will be a damage output machine for you.

Ultron’s fights might tend to be a bit longer but his double regen has saved my behind more than once, and I don’t have him past a 4/40. People have already stated he’s a great utility champ.

Other than that, I think it comes down to personal preference and playing style. Good luck with the collector!
    Thanks again for the advice
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    actually 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 (apart from collector) are so much easy than the previous chapter, bane is not that hard