**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Legit Reasons why Global Attack Boost should stay -- seriously

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hello, Kabam/all!

I'll try to be brief. As always, I think about this game a lot, and this one just seems like it really is a win-win for both sides.

I really think the Global Attack Boost is an awesome thing for the player base, and if you guys extended it or kept it, it would really be something that could encourage people to explore more, engage in more difficult content, and create more positive engagement with the game, as well as add some sorely needed help to some of the weaker characters in the game.

1. It's anecdotal, but multiple people have attempted to push forward in content that they would not have otherwise, and that would only continue. Initial Labyrinth clears, Act 4 completion, becoming Uncollected, initial and 100 percent clearance of Act 5...people have done all of those things because it helps characters become more viable -- people were probably still running boosts for them. I realize that they might run a few less overall, but if I had to guess, that number is more than made up by the people who would keep trying the content and using items/boosts, revives and health potions.

2. It's such a boost to weaker characters -- I am totally serious about this, but even a 15 percent boost wouldn't be the worst thing for some characters. But the 10 percent attack boost is just noticeable enough to matter, and it breathes a little more life into characters like the StarkTech gang, Black Panther (Civil War), Civil Warrior, the Spider-Verse, Sentry...man. It just goes on and on, how many times I noticed that little bit more "oomph" when I was using some characters.

3. Conversely, it's not meta-shifting for the best characters in the game -- those characters hit hard no matter what you do, and Labyrinth and Act 5, content like that, don't get any easier because of the noding that takes place. It doesn't matter how hard you hit, truthfully, on a Caltrops path or a Buffet path. It's a bonus, that's all. It helps, but doesn't change the game and, again, likely doesn't keep anyone from running 20 or 30 percent boosts in addition and as needed.

So, really...that's it, to me. There's so much upside into the Global Attack boost -- there really is, to me. Just breathing a little life into the roster alone would be worth it to me, but the encouragement it gives for people to explore more content...that's a win-win, right?

If anyone from Kabam sees this, thanks for listening!

Comments

• Options
    Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    I started trying to hundred percent 5.4 because of that boost got halfway through
  • Options
    PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    Kabam boss: Listen up! we need to find a way to boost all champs without adding a boost to each champ...

Kabam employee: GLOBAL NODE!

Kabam boss: Done!

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I started trying to hundred percent 5.4 because of that boost got halfway through

I have seen comments from so many people who engaged with more content because it was on. Obviously, I don't have access to Use Metrics, but if I had to guess, I'd bet that many people pushed forward with more difficult content or found more usefulness in characters that needed just that much more attack rating to be viable
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    ESF wrote: »
    It helps, but doesn't change the game

By definition, if it helps then it changes the game.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i didn't read anything, but another week would be awesome
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    But if it was always there how long would it really be a boost for???
    It would just become considered normal...
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    And then you'd want another boost later saying the exact same thing?
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    But then they’d have less bones to throw when the game inevitably breaks in the future. Same with 30 min timers
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    it's okay as it was for me. making boost permanent is just making the game easier.
    also it didn't help me to see any champ being better - those which were god tier are still better. It's true I completed rtl and pushed a little in act 5. thanks for that kabam. but not I'm almost out of revives, so won't be too disappointed, if they won't prolong it
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    In my opinion, it should be something that happens in the first week of each month. (This should also including cutting Act 4 Energy Cost)
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    It was nice while it lasted
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171
    Ah rank up your champs to boost them?
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I finally finished fully exploring act 5 because of it, but I think you're missing the point. If it was there an the time I wouldn't have had incentive to do so. Then it just becomes ordinary and we all wait for the 20 percent global boost.