**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank down

All of them rank up heroes and regret after that we need rank down

Comments

• Player909Player909 Posts: 50
    Here is the thing tho, they allow us to constantly change masterys so why should champs be any different? Im actually ok either way regarding RDT. There are some champs I would like to rank down but it doesn't break the game for me if I cant. I just think it odd to be able change masteries whenever you want but you cant rank down champs and build up others when you want. Again, its not a deal breaker for me but im not clear on the logic as to why they dont make RDT a constant part of the game.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Personally i think rank down tickets should NEVER have been issued, the whole thing just unbalances the game if you could just rank down someone you dont need to rank someone else! I hope they never come back but thats just me.... thats the whole point of growing your roster! its deciding what champs you enjoy and who you want to progress using!
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    Rank downs should be issued when they make a change to the “meta” of the game. If the game changes, we should be able to adapt our rosters to it. It only makes sense.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Jones979 wrote: »
    Rank downs should be issued when they make a change to the “meta” of the game. If the game changes, we should be able to adapt our rosters to it. It only makes sense.
    Ye I agree rank down tickets should only been given when a champion is nerfed
    It was really nice of kabam to give rank down tickets in Christmas
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Specific champion nerf: Champ specific rdt in all *, with a rankdown from whatever level/rank he is at to 1-1. Full reimbursement of all resources: cats, ISO, and gold. No matter how small the nerf > nobody would argue GP is now bad and I doubt anyone would want to rank her down, but that's not for KABAM to decide. Product was changed, reimbursement is due.

Examples: SW DS Thor BW SL in 12.0, GP bleed adjustment, removal of Leadership synergy etc. So any changes the team makes to the described and advertised abilities of champs.

No RDT:
    - When a counter is released (mystics > blade...or basically every month)
    - When masteries are changed (MD/Dex interaction)
    - When a bug is fixed, no matter how long it took (AA passive stun, Drax bypassing AE on Mordo, Domino's 2nd hit on medium etc)
    - When the game itself changes (all affected by DR in 12.0, most notably IF and the Caps / node changes in AW / opponent changes in AQ like (mini)bosses or Sentinels instead of Symbioids, regen based off of base health vs modified health in 12.0)

• HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    I swear Kabam have fake accounts in hear to push their point of view and narrative. Who wouldn’t want a RDT? A Kabam employee, that’s who
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Lildose wrote: »
    Because when you start play jou hav only 1 or tow champion and you need too rank up efter that you get new champion very good but you can't rank up

How long are you in "start mode"? Eventually your roster will grow and you need to be strategic in who to rank up. you don't rank and level up all champs, especially 4* and 5* champs. Most 4*s will stay R3 max and 5*s R2 max.

When you have the resources to R4 your first 5* are you going to R4 any 5* you have? Or are you going to wait for a god tier?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Player909 wrote: »
    Here is the thing tho, they allow us to constantly change masterys so why should champs be any different? Im actually ok either way regarding RDT. There are some champs I would like to rank down but it doesn't break the game for me if I cant. I just think it odd to be able change masteries whenever you want but you cant rank down champs and build up others when you want. Again, its not a deal breaker for me but im not clear on the logic as to why they dont make RDT a constant part of the game.

mastery resources are limited as far as points. You can only earn so many but there are more options than available points. Champion resources are infinite and can be earned forever. Therefore, you shouldn't need to "reset" champs. You have the opportunities to continue to earn those resources. If you were able to reset champs, there wouldn't be any point in grinding for resources.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I want compensation for the time I wasted to read this thread

People who understand the point of the game is to earn Resources to Rank Champs, and live with the choices we make. That's who.

If the overall meta of the game changes, and the champ you chose to rank undergoes any negative change in the way it functions in that meta, that’s just too bad for you? There’s no logic in that.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    Another one huh? Stop making me agree with GW. It drives me insane.

That's how it starts, next thing you know you will be messing up threads and causing them to be removed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

People who understand the point of the game is to earn Resources to Rank Champs, and live with the choices we make. That's who.

If the overall meta of the game changes, and the champ you chose to rank undergoes any negative change in the way it functions in that meta, that’s just too bad for you? There’s no logic in that.

The Champs haven't undergone any change with MD. The Mastery has. Which they're compensating for. There's no logic in that either. No Champ exists that must have MD to function as intended.
    Yes, they’re compensating for the mastery changing, but not for the champs who were ranked up specifically for that mastery as it was. Whether they intended the champ to work the way it did under the mastery is irrelevant. It worked a certain way, and now it won’t.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yes, they’re compensating for the mastery changing, but not for the champs who were ranked up specifically for that mastery as it was. Whether they intended the champ to work the way it did under the mastery is irrelevant. It worked a certain way, and now it won’t.

It's not irrelevant. It's exactly what we're discussing. The Mastery is an enhancement to the Power Gain for that specific Class. With or without the enhancement, the Champs fundamentally perform the same. Nothing about the Champs is changing. That's the issue I'm discussing.
    edited September 2018
    The champ is not changing, I agree with that, but the main issue is that champs who were ranked up solely based on how MD worked, in order to be effective defenders in AW, will not work to the same degree of effectiveness as before.

I understand that previously RDTs were given for specific changes to champs, but if changes made to the game around those champs change their value or effectiveness in any way, is that not the same thing?
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    The champ is not changing, I agree with that, but the main issue is that champs who were ranked up solely based on how MD worked, in order to be effective defenders in AW, will not work to the same degree of effectiveness as before.

I understand that previously RDTs were given for changes to champs, but if changes made to the game around those champs change their value or effectiveness in any way, is that not the same thing?

Quote, i ranked up a 5s mordo to R4 for defence with 4 points in MD and for prestige.. but now that MD is significantly nerfed we need rank down to fix this..
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    Enough of the begging for rank down tickets. Live with your regret. If rdts are constantly issued, everyone would rank up the champs they need at the moment then rank them down when better champs come out.

If you really think about it, Kabam makes a whole lot more more by not issuing rank down tickets...
This discussion has been closed.