**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Issues Investigation

Comments

• saadelbendarysaadelbendary Posts: 51
    edited August 2018
    In-Game Name: saadelbendary

Device and Version: Huawei y6

Device Operating System: Android 5.1.1

Mobile Carrier: Vodafone cellular 4g

Cellular or WiFi: 1- Freeze on Both
    2. over heat on cellular

Game Version Installed:19.1

Game Mode: Everywhere Event Quests, Alliance Quest and Alliance War. ( haven't tried story or arena yet)

Active Boosts: no

Champs are refreshed from arena , no help or energy requests

Description of the Issue: 1- Both on WIFI or cellular Starting yesterday game freezes for a few seconds multiple times during matches at any point ( during combos, during special attacks , while evading , while holding block)

2- phone over heats while on cellular data (the heat occurs not from the battery but from the phone itself but from the spot in which sim card is located )
    Screenshot or Video: Here is an AQ match where the freeze issue happened
  • LurekLurek Posts: 15
    Lurek615
    Xiaomi Redmi 5A
    3G,4G,Wifi
    Android 7.1.2
    Game Version : 19.1.0
    Arena,Quest,Alliance Quest,Alliance War
    After Playing For Sometimes The Device Become Very Hot & The Game Lagd a Lot.I have tried reinstalling the game doesn't solve anythin.
  • UnstablemanUnstableman Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    Ign: Unstableman
    Device: redmi note 4
    Android version: 7.0
    Cell/wifi: both
    Game version: 19.1
    Mode: loading the game and arena
    issue: Lag and connection error
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    In-game Name: BLEEDING_EDGE
    Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE
    Android Version: 7.0
    Cell/WiFi: BOTH
    Game Version: 19.0
    Game Mode: ALL MODES
    Description: ANY TIME I PLAY A LONG MATCH, I CANNOT KEEP A COMBO AS THE GAME ALWAYS LAGS/GLITCHES SOMEWHERE MID MATCH. USUALLY, THE FRAME GETS STUCK FOR ONLY MILLISECONDS BUT IT'S ENOUGH TO DISRUPT MY COMBO AND ALLOW AI TO STRIKE ME OR GET MY SPECIALS BLOCKED AND COUNTERED. IN UNCOLLECTED OR END-GAME CONTENT, THAT'S ENOUGH TO GET ME KO'D AND EFFECTIVELY HAVE MY RESOURCES WASTED ON AN ERROR THAT ISN'T MY OWN AND ONE I CANNOT CONTROL AT THAT.
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    In-Game Name: ZainShams
    Device and Model: Xiomi mi mix2
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: lags on both. Both connection are 4g LTE reliance Jio.
    Game Version Installed:19.1. though this problem is since a long time
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: the game is lagging since a long time on Android. Severe frame rate drops. Sometimes champs freezes in between the fight leading to broken concentration. No overheating thankfully and no crashing but lags quite a lot.
  • IGN: FELIPE_LOGAN
    Device and Model: Motorola Z2
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Celullar pra WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Mode: All game modes
    Issue: The game temporarily froze on a black screen, then loaded slowly. Character movement skips frames and has a incosistent frame rate. Other times, the characters have a floaty feeling and apear to be off the ground when striking.

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »

In-Game Name: New Download, not email linked
    Device and Model: OnePlus X
    Device Operating System: OxygenOS version 3.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Game intro - Learning to fight
    Description of the Issue: Phone heat up very quickly within a few minutes.

Installed Marvel Puzzle Quest. Played for an hour with no phone heating up unlike Contest of Champions.

• BraderSawBraderSaw Posts: 76
    In-Game Name:MCOC

Device And Model: vivo Y21

Device Operating System:Funtouch OS_2.1

Cellular And WIFI:Data

Game Version:19.1

Game Mode: Lagging behind my phone I dash back then my champs is died my phone is overheating few minutes ago
  • IGN: AR-HONDA'S
    SAMSUNG GALAXY S7
    ANDROID version 8.0.0
    Data and Wi-Fi
    Overhead the phone,my battery loss power very quickly and in the game i can control my hero's the do thing on there own. I can evade a hit.
  • leonardojr90leonardojr90 Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    Game Name: Terry Fury
    Device and Model: Motorola, Moto G5s Plus Operating System: 7.0 nougat.
    Mobile or WiFi: This problem happens when I'm using both.
    Installed game version: 19.1
    The game closes alone between 10 and 20 minutes often (no internet connection failure appears) simply closes during the fight and loading into any area of ​​the game. this often occurs in; Missions of History, Missions of Events and Arena, it is impossible to play these modes of missions with these interruptions, there are still other factors that occur like: crashes when the opponent arms a special or heavy attack, delay in loading to any area in the game. I believe that there is a solution to this because I am being harmed in the missions and I am not playing arena for this reason, I hope they help me and I thank you for your attention. Terry Fury
  • Roomey1991Roomey1991 Posts: 8
    IGN; Roomwy1991.

Device; Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.

Android Version; 7.1.1.

Data or WiFi; both.

Game Version; 19.1.

Game Mode; Quests, Arena, Alliance War, Alliance Quest.

Description of issue; device overheats, game lags really bad, sometimes connection issues although every other app/game works fine. Every update just causes more issues!
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Clydania
    Samsung s5
    wifi and data
    Latest version
    Quests sometimes aw and aq
    In ROL I've noticed specifically but in loads of other fights. Whenever I'm maintaining my combo for a long time ny device will lag causing it to respond really late and me to not be able to dash back to avoid mediums lights and specials or to parry meaning I get hit.
    With doctor voodoo especially, my phone will temporarily go unresponsive to any cI'm mands mainly specials or dashes.
    Occasion ally the game will run at a super fast rate 0 lag for a short amount of time.
    Sometimes my champs will rand only dash forward or back without me doing anything. Delays for blocking.

Also on my lenovo tab something there was incredible lag for blocking and dashing
  • ImmortalHWImmortalHW Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Valkyrie In game name is Booptie. Android version 7.0 Ribbon Model - Huawei Elate H1711z Using Data and Wi-Fi No over heating at all but I keep getting booted off after 15 mins of game play. After update not only have my tier 2 alpha frags not reset in the glory store for two months now(before and after recent updates this is long time for no tier 2 alpha frags and hence my roster has suffered greatly), but now my alliance loyalty counter will not reset either. Loss of control of some but not all champions during arena and monthly events. The loss of tier 2 alpha frags in my Glory store worries me most because I have several champs, Blade in particular worthy of rank 5(5 star version) and yet I cannot rank him up because of this going on for 2 plus months now. Devastating as this may be I have faith that you guys will keep me updated and somehow manage to compensate me/us for this drastic loss of power to my line up. End game players have the glory store and monthly events we use to power up and that's it. Long time player here so please update me on what is going to happen ladies and gentlemen.
  • IGN carajanine
    Lg K20
    Android 7.0
    AT&T wifi
    Version: 19.1
    During questing chapter 5 the game lags badly.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    In-Game Name: jody333
    Device and Model: Oneplus 6
    Device Operating System: 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both talktalk/02
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: all champs specials are unresponsive. Quake and dorm heavies don't respond. I dash back to avoid special and champs runs straight back in. Difficult to get a combo, feels heavy like I'm trying to drag forward every bit.
    Also, twice had 2x30mb updates for no reason. I have two accounts and it feels worse on this one but both respond this way.
  • JayH822JayH822 Posts: 2
    IGN: JayH822
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Android: 9
    Game Version: 19.1.2
    WiFi
    Crashes every time I open any quest
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    IGN- SidDDragon
    Device- Redmi Note 4(Indian manufactured brand)
    Android-7
    Version- 19.1
    WiFi
    Aw lag which was bad to the level where the screen literally froze
  • bryce7mbryce7m Posts: 84
    edited August 2018
    Situation is still catastrophic on tablet samsung galaxy tab s2.
    So many times disconnected before a fight.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Same here galaxy s2 and galaxy s7 phone i cant keep using resources for something you refuse to fix
  • IGN: Sarmisegetusa

Issues on my smartphone..
    Device: Samsung S7 Edge
    OS.: Android 8.0.0 patch 1 august 2018 :smile:
    Internet: Wi-Fi & Mobile: 3G & 4G
    Game Version: Currently 19.1.2

ON Wi-Fi & Mobile:

Champions move forward if I try to evade specials from champions in AQ and AW.
    Champions don't move if I want to evade by swiping backwards with my left thumb.
    Champions Suddenly move forward to attack when I want to hold my guard.

ON Mobile ans sometimes on Wi-Fi:

Sometimes is lag or connections issue message appears on the screen and than disappears.
    Arena issue is that sometimes suddenly crashes and sends be to the home screen of my device after a period of 3h or 4h of game play.
    Crystal openings sometimes are lagging and you can see ''tens of crystals everywhere''- animation issue as here. streamable.com/15enn

My issue was posted and I got a Warn lvl 1. That helps a lot.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Not relevant.
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Device Operating System: 6.0.01
    Cellular or WiFi: I only play on WiFi.
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.2
    Game Mode: Not specific, it's for the whole game.
    Description of the Issue: Sometimes the game just completely freezes my phone, and even after waiting about 5 minutes, it's still frozen, I can't turn off the screen nor the phone unless I take out the battery.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    In-Game Name: EG3Po
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: Latest (19.1.2?)
    Game Mode: whole game.
    Description of the Issue:
    - Block working sporadically. It seems like I need to hit screen way earlier than actual impact. The result is I can't consistently parry and get hit
    - Evade working sporadically. Registers late. Double dashback is sluggish
    - Game is actually more sluggish than my wife's plain S7
  • Sms1161Sms1161 Posts: 9
    Sms1161
    Android 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy Tab s2
    Wi-Fi

Flashing, lagging and crashing in all modes.
  • mughal96mughal96 Posts: 26
    In-Game Name: mughal96
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android Oreo (Version 8.0.0)
    Cellular or WiFi: Effects on both

Game Mode: All modes (Story, Event Quest, Arena, Labyrinth of Legends). I am mostly annoyed of it when it happens during my Labyrinth of Legends run.
    Description of the Issue: I am mostly annoyed because of the lag in Labyrinth of Legends as its longer fights and because of the lags and performance issues, I had to buy more revives then usual to get the enemy down. It happens in all areas of the game.
  • In-Game Name: vertigo004
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All areas, worse in back to back matches
    Description of the Issue: for nearly a week. 1-2 second lag during alliance war, 2+ second lag during arena battles. Phone is over heating and battery draining faster than ever. All other unnecessary apps have been closed screen lighting dimmed bluetooth off location off and phone continues to overheat. phone got unbearable to touch the first time. i closed app and let it cool every time after that.
  • 2_70tanker2_70tanker Posts: 12
    270tanker
    Kyocera duraforce pro
    Android 6.0.1
    WiFi/data
    Phone gets extremely hot really fast and lagging gets so bad it's unplayable.
    Lags in every aspect of the game. Map movement takes forever, crystal screen freezes and becomes unresponsive. Alliance tab frezzes, can't push help button.
    I had lagging and over heating issues before, but after new update it's unbearable.
  • AtucktuckAtucktuck Posts: 2
    Lg Stylo 3
    Firmware-7.0
    Both cell and wifi.
    Update-19.0
    Started in the last update with gwenpool goes to the movies update. Game with freeze while almost at home screen and will load some textures, but never pull up my daily rewards. Ill have to restart. Also major lag while going to champion vault while loading up all champions, then the last and worst part is it lags during the running sequence at the beginning of a fight and then sometimes during the fight. Last thing in which i hope to post a picture of is random heroes standing in the screen during my character select screen right before a fight. All started last update, but got alot worse after this past update.
  • Hi all!

Thank you for sharing your detailed reports. This information has been passed on as we continue to work to improve performance of The Contest. We understand that it's frustrating to experience lag and while there may not be one quick fix for all devices, we are continuing our efforts to investigate and look for ways to improve.
  • Well the good news is the overheating was reduced. And i know this is gonna sound bit unsurprising because of the unit of my tablet, but im using an ASUS MEMOPAD 7. With an intel cpu and i know kabam and intel are not the best of friends. But the truth is the game actually runs fast on this tablet and the graphics are also amazing its like on an ipad level performance and speed. But that was about 3 months ago. The antman update came out and it was just lagging and crashing and overheating. It got worst on this latest update, the lag is more frequent, and also during arena in the character selection it take awhile to load the faces of my champions on their frames. It just got worst and worst i had to switch to my lower lenovo tablet last night with a lower mediatek cpu. And it was better, but the issues are the same. The lags are also there. Its just that the lags isnt as frequent on my memopad. Trust me kabam its not the tablet thats causing the lag ive been using this memopad for yrs and never lagged before the antman update came out. Please fix this issues
This discussion has been closed.