**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aliances tanking in the off season need some restrictions

vj8h8jpo3hi5.png
fzjsuj5xf4iv.pngs9gw3yuqt22k.png

As seen in the images above, this higher ranked alliance is trying to tank their rating for the next season.

They are ranked in the gold bracket, we are in the silver basket.

Out if 2 battlegroups, only one player even placed.

The second battle group is completely empty.

The image of champs placed is their entire defence for 2 groups.

Can we see something done if a team tanks in the off season so obviously like this, they cannot participate in the regular season?

Comments

• Yep... I think Kabam needs to lock war rating one a season ends. The only way to improve or lessen your rating should be during the season. That way, you don't run into 75% of the alliances tanking wars between seasons
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    We have started only doing 1 fight a week during the off season. Dudes can’t tank if I don’t give them any fights to tank in!
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    for one is tanking actually the best way to play it?????
    or being in a higher tier with a higher multipler at the start of season better???
    loss with higher multiplier better then win with lower multiplier.....

also if everyone tanks their rating then there would be no benifit to those that do it as everyone would drop together.
  • thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    We appreciate the easy 5 star shards, but then when the season starts, we get screwed seeing our Alliance rating gets artificially inflated.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Then suicide your champs too. If you are that worried about getting an inflated rating when the season starts. You will find that no matter what you do you will still bala6out at the end of the next season where your alliance's skill level is
    I still need the 5 star shards. Winning a war earns more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    or being in a higher tier with a higher multipler at the start of season better???

also if everyone tanks their rating then there would be no benifit to those that do it as everyone would drop together.

That's not what's taking place. People who are trying their best are being taken advantage of.
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited September 2018
    Personally, my opinion would be to reset every alliance's rating to zero at the start of each season. You'll have to win to climb and earn as many points possible as everyone starts at the same point. Only egalitarian solution I can think of. Granted, the first few wars may be rough as you get some truly low tier alliances facing off against a random blowout, but those alliances would keep moving up while the loser would stay behind in the lower tiers/brackets and still gain some points.

With the problems with matchmaking, and shenanigans amongst the less scrupulous alliances, I don't believe there is any fair solution as kabam has created this rat race themselves with season rewards. Seasons is the worst thing they've done, in my opinion: it's creating massive burnout situations in alliances, some truly underhanded tactics by at least a few alliances, and breaking up alliances of friends due to percieved failures to keep up/inability to improve in rating without chasing ringers.

They need a better system than what they've created. What that should be I couldn't exactly say, but I have one idea: points should scale according to the matchup difficulty, if I'm bringing r4 5 stars against an army of 2 stars I shouldn't get as many points as my opponents taking down our 5 stars with 2 stars. They won't typically win, or come close to winning, but they should deserve a lot more points for the matchup disparity and their ability to get the kills they do on offense, while I should expect a lot less being able to set my fighters on auto-fight and walk through their defense (yes, l know there is no auto-fight in war, but in this scenario it would be easy to do if there were). Since kabam can't or won't get rid of challenger rating, perhaps they should have it play a factor in the amount of points earned based off that, in war.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    If you make points based off defender rating and attacker rating then alliances will place 1* defenses to prevent their opponents from getting points.
  • Like I said, within the current framework that kabam has created, there is no good solution as alliances will abuse any loopholes created...and I don't think kabam has the ability to make it bulletproof.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    Maat1985 wrote: »

That's not what's taking place. People who are trying their best are being taken advantage of.

Actually if you feel you’re one of the ones being taken advantage of then your alliance is weak to begin with and isn’t really impacted by this. Enjoy the wars you get a free win and remember those shards next time you have an unfavorable matchup. For your team it all works out the same anyways
  • You can also trick Kabam's system by using 2 devices with the same account and clear a node in Alliance War then switch device, then clear another node. Even though you own these 2 device and connected to the same wifi, your alliance will get flag for piloting and get a rating reduction.
    Personally, my opinion would be to reset every alliance's rating to zero at the start of each season. You'll have to win to climb and earn as many points possible as everyone starts at the same point. Only egalitarian solution I can think of. Granted, the first few wars may be rough as you get some truly low tier alliances facing off against a random blowout, but those alliances would keep moving up while the loser would stay behind in the lower tiers/brackets and still gain some points.

With the problems with matchmaking, and shenanigans amongst the less scrupulous alliances, I don't believe there is any fair solution as kabam has created this rat race themselves with season rewards. Seasons is the worst thing they've done, in my opinion: it's creating massive burnout situations in alliances, some truly underhanded tactics by at least a few alliances, and breaking up alliances of friends due to percieved failures to keep up/inability to improve in rating without chasing ringers.

They need a better system than what they've created. What that should be I couldn't exactly say, but I have one idea: points should scale according to the matchup difficulty, if I'm bringing r4 5 stars against an army of 2 stars I shouldn't get as many points as my opponents taking down our 5 stars with 2 stars. They won't typically win, or come close to winning, but they should deserve a lot more points for the matchup disparity and their ability to get the kills they do on offense, while I should expect a lot less being able to set my fighters on auto-fight and walk through their defense (yes, l know there is no auto-fight in war, but in this scenario it would be easy to do if there were). Since kabam can't or won't get rid of challenger rating, perhaps they should have it play a factor in the amount of points earned based off that, in war.

I like your solution.