**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Character Crystals: Is There A Hidden Drop Rate Within The Standard Drop Rate?

2»

Comments

• ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    sorry to confuse. I opened t5 featured crystals, it requires 15000shards.

I’ve opened these 6 times, then I got 3 ironpatriot...

That was I being told from support as game balance.
  • Kabam will never be fair when it comes to opening crystals. I pulled superior iron man and venompool, 2 sorry ass champs. The drop rates of anything good is still for the elite players. That tells me that kabam is loaded with liberals.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Kabam will never be fair when it comes to opening crystals. I pulled superior iron man and venompool, 2 sorry ass champs. The drop rates of anything good is still for the elite players. That tells me that kabam is loaded with liberals.

That's ridiculous. It's all just luck of the draw. And there's no logic behind saying they are liberals because they only cater to the elite...that's literally the conservative strategy is to take from the poor and give to the rich..m
  • There is a hidden drop rate ,if you don’t play for a while you gonna get better champs but if u play everyday =bad champs .Its a way to keep everyone addicted to the game.I did few try with many accounts it’s 100% true
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    It’s not random you know. I’ve always said this and it’s true. A particular champ is more readily available at certain time Intervals. Kabams. Kabam doesn’t probably realize it either. They are right it is random to a certain extent and interpretation.

Basically say between a certain 5 minute interval the chance of day, getting iron patriot is significantly greater than say Hyperion
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Ask anyone who opens a lot of crystals They won’t deny it. The people who say it’s random are the one who open 5 crystals a week
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    I have a question. Does some kind of alert go off at the mental hospital whenever someone posts a "omg crystals are RIGGED heres PROOF yo" thread on the forum?

Because seriously, where do you people and your insane conspiracy theories even come from?
    Which is correct?

@Kabam Lyra said below; there were no rate.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi,

Unless otherwise stated in the crystal description, the chance of getting any particular Champion in a crystal is the same.

Support said as attached image; there were many factors.

kg2xhl194kuz.jpeg
    I do not mean to condemn at all. I just want to know whether to believe in forums or support. When each other is saying the opposite thing.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    ericolor wrote: »
    Which is correct?

@Kabam Lyra said below; there were no rate.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi,

Unless otherwise stated in the crystal description, the chance of getting any particular Champion in a crystal is the same.

Support said as attached image; there were many factors.

kg2xhl194kuz.jpeg

This is obviously fake and spreading false info
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    ericolor wrote: »
    I do not mean to condemn at all. I just want to know whether to believe in forums or support. When each other is saying the opposite thing.

They are not saying opposite things.

"Unless otherwise stated in the crystal description, the chance of getting any particular Champion in a crystal is the same."

"...drop rates are never specific to individuals"

IS the same thing.

Even when you use the

"There are many factors...." it don't contradict since again it is the same thing,

many factors=unless otherwise stated

Since some crystals have higher chance of giving one or more specific champions over the other in the crystal.
  • Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi,

shocked-gif-meme-5.gif

Is it the same for featured crystals ? Since I got Colossus 3 times in a row I doubt it

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yes, it is. You can pull the same Champ and still have equal odds.
    @Swe_wolfis I really appreciate your explanation. I’ve just misunderstood......
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    Still trying to confirm this is the case.

"...drop rates are never specific to individuals"

Assuming the whole MCOC community is one individual. All crystals opening over a very large number should produce an approximation (%) to the preset drop rates.

Now this one individual account shares with many others, and it is in this case that the one in many individuals may roll what is regarded as bugged or unexplained multiple duplicates or lesser desired champs.

There is nothing in that specific one among the many individuals' account that could affect drop rates.

I loaded Marvel Puzzle Quest, opened it and found a 4* Winter Soldier. Nothing strange there also. ;)

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    as i have said in another post.....
    here is a little idea of how rng works

there is some possibility that crystals opened within a similar timeframe have a larger chance of being same.
    whilst overall they have an even chance.

the reason for this is that RNG is still a mathematical calculation. it is a series of calculation based off a random seeded number.
    something like this -
    seed * x * y + a / r * e * x = champ given
    a lot (most) RNG programs generate the seed every milisecond or so therefore the seed is based off time.
    2 crystals opened at the exact same split milisecond would infact be the exact same.

so given this it is possible that the seed number generated at 7:30am is quite similar to the seed generated at 7:32am resulting in a higher drop rate of similar champions.
    the seed number generated at 15:42 however would be a much different result.

if this is the case it would be theoretically possible to know what champ would be given at any time of the day and perfect your opening to determine your result.

to do this however you would need to be exact with your timing to the exact split milisecond (impossible) know exactly how the seed number is generated, know the exact calculation the applied to said seed number, and the value that is assigned to each champion.

this is of course practically impossible to do without a lot of knowledge and some serious programming wizardry, however it does give an insight as to how it likely works.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I did the easy AF grind of that easy AF content for uhh, Gwenpool goes to the movies I believe it was called. ‘Twas a waste of time like most other MCOC endeavours.. Duped 5* Loki and got 4* IP. I still haven’t got 4* Hela.. What’s the point in playing if I continually get shafted!? Oh right, I’ve spent too many hours and dollars to quit. **** that 😜. I’m gonna continue to be retired til Netmarble drops their “profits over customer satisfaction” attitude. Summoner appreciation? Lol, save face much. You guys suck. When you’re finished milking us summoners you’ll just switch your focus to future fight.
  • Hello,

The question has already been answered and posting of false information and conspiracy theories is not allowed on the forums, so this will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.