**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected. As good as everyone says?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
I see a lot of conversation on the forum that in some way, shape or form claim immense superiority over lower players simply due to being uncollected. I wanted to make a post that just discussed this concept, since every few days there is a post that says something like: “Uncollected players should get better (insert item/crystal/champ)” or suggesting compensation, rewards or the like should be gated behind being uncollected. I.e uncollected players should get more because they are uncollected.

As a general disclaimer I am not saying that uncollected is worthless, I am not saying the collector is an easy fight and I am not saying that it is easy to become uncollected. I am also not taking anything away from someone who is happy that they’ve defeated the collector and feel like they’ve overcome a challenge. All I’m saying is, there is a point when it goes to far.

So, what do I mean? I think that the benefits of becoming uncollected, I.e, 4 hour crystals, daily crystals, log in crystal, FGMC, event quest etc are all pretty much in line with the challenge that is required to become uncollected. But, I’d also argue that becoming uncollected does not require an incredible amount of skill, or a hugely advanced roster.

Becoming uncollected only requires a singular mindset: This is going to cost me revives.

Once you understand this, that the collector is the single most “designed to kill you” fight in the game, you will become uncollected easily.

Now, I won’t lie. When I became uncollected, I did have a fairly advanced roster with r3 5* and r5 4* and a couple r4 5*. So I was perhaps, beyond the average player who takes on chapter 2. This was because when the content was released I already had those champions, so I took it on without a huge need to advance before fighting it.

So, because of this, I decided to try and become uncollected on a second account. I already had one knocking around that I’d started 8 or 9 months ago, then played for a month on it, got to act 3 and got bored. When I started going for uncollected at the start of July I had 5 or 6 maxed 3* god tiers and a bunch of 2*, a couple of 4* too.

Around the start of July I started playing more seriously on the account again and got a few more 4*, ranked them up and made my way through act 4. I pulled a fair few very good champions as 4* which clearly helped. I did almost 0 arena, Aw in the same alliance as my main account (which was in a retirement one) and minimal Aq. I obtained four 5* (Drax, Cap America, She hulk and Star Lord), but none of them were majorly helpful or good so I stuck with a team of 3/30 and 4/40 champs.

At the end of August last week I made my run. My team was all 4*.
- Hyperion Rank 4 Level 40 Unduped.
- Star Lord Rank 4 Level 40 Sig Level 24
- Iceman Rank 3 Level 30 Unduped.
- Gladiator Hulk Rank 4 Level 10 Unduped.
- Sabretooth Rank 3 Level 30 Sig Level 20

I had 1 Level 3 team revive, 4 Level 2 single revives, 2 Level 1 single revives in my item stash. Along with an assortment of L1 and L2 health potions. The majority of the revives were used up in the paths to the collector, leaving me with the Level 3 team and the Level 1 single to face the collector. Additionally I had 450 units saved up purely from questing and calendars, I haven't spent anything on the account.

It took all of my revives and units to take him down but in the end, with 440 units and maybe around 500 units worth of free revives from halls of healing and calendars my second account became uncollected.

And this is why I say that uncollected is not that big a deal. I am not an incredibly skilled player, I can fight, take down bosses, do Act 5, LoL with fairly few revives but I am not the best. So you don’t require skill to become uncollected. And the screenshots below of the roster I used to become uncollected proves that you don’t need stacked champs to become uncollected.
0l3grtqva341.png
xbtq9imlkf56.png

So this is why I don’t think Uncollected players deserve any more benefits than they already get. The event quest each month is full of insane rewards, this is the bulk of the benefit of becoming uncollected. Then a few extra bonuses with the calendar, crystals FGMC and daily’s etc.

If becoming uncollected can be broken down into 3 months of work (1 month when I initially played the account, then the 2 months when I resumed), where there’s no arena grinding, minimal activity required and no money spent. Only an attitude that you need to spend units on the right masteries, and then save for revives instead of buying crystals. Then why do uncollected players need more advantages?

Just look at Seatin’s ftp account, he got uncollected in 3 months too. While uncollected is a great title, and leads on to many great things: I just don’t think it’s a good measure of splitting up players as you’re good, and you aren’t. I hope this post inspires some people teetering on whether they’re ready for uncollected, to make a push for the collector. I can give mastery, roster or unit advice if needed.

What does anyone else think?

Comments

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Agree, it's not about being Uncollected, it's about having the Elder's Bane title, muahahaha ;)

On a serious note, Uncollected players definitely receive enough benefits. Also, Kabam has made Act 4 easier (I'm looking at you, Juggy) and I think a lot of payers don't realize that.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Takes skill to do the things your level of players can do. I doubt at my age I'll ever have the reflexes to get uncollected, at least not any time soon. I have long term goals that you would laugh at -- finishing Act 4 and RTTL within a year from now, for example. I am fine with slow progression. If it ends up getting me uncollected one day, then cool. If not, I still have a ton of fun in this game. No pressure.

I wouldn’t laugh at that at all. I think that’s a great outlook to have for the game. I have 0 problem with people with your mindset, my issue is with those who believe they are insanely better and deserve so much more than a non-uncollected (should that be collected?) player just because they defeated the collector.

Sure, it isn’t easy to be uncollected, but it’s not as though I beat every fight with 0 deaths and am now saying that it’s easy. I only had 1 run in each quest of act 5 chapter 1 and 2 and I used 3-6 revives in each quest, just ones I’d saved up or had units for.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Yes, becoming UC is not that difficult. And you can see why the Q-Q that happens in UC EQ every other month.

Doing UC EQ without spending any unit on a consistent basis is more difficult than taking out Collector once by using units.
    Yep, that’s another point. This is why we have so many people saying uncollected is too hard, because they became uncollected fairly easily and expected to continue.

With my second account, I couldn’t finish master this month (admittedly I didn’t have my 4*). So I do not expect to be able to 100% uncollected event quest for a fair long while. I wish others had this mindset and didn’t think that becoming uncollected equalled a right to 100% the event quest.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I too started a new account and I'm on track to get uncollected in under 30 days so yeah its not that big a deal
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Takes skill to do the things your level of players can do. I doubt at my age I'll ever have the reflexes to get uncollected, at least not any time soon. I have long term goals that you would laugh at -- finishing Act 4 and RTTL within a year from now, for example. I am fine with slow progression. If it ends up getting me uncollected one day, then cool. If not, I still have a ton of fun in this game. No pressure.

as a f2p and just playing the game cause i like, act 4 took me 1 year, there's no rush for me to do everything in 1 day like the people here that complains because the peak rewards came 10 minutes later than expected lol
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    If I understand the question, my opinion is that MCOC assigned the Uncollected title as the not entirely arbitrary decision between apprentice and journeyman. (The definition for endgame player has been decided by players.)

As such, they set the standard for folks who play for higher rewards, and the folks who lose out on which rewards when the game crashes. So I think it’s fair to claim there should be differences in comp for downtime. It’s the standard the game sets.

Now whether there are ACTUAL differences I don’t know. My kids aren’t uncollected, but outplay folks who are (they are FTP, and time restricted, but skilled). I am uncollected, but mostly by virtue of having time, and YouTube.
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    For a new players (playing for the first time) it's not that easy to achieve
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    makes sense to me
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel : Great post and so true -- it's not that being Uncollected is good or bad. It's exactly as you said: It's more a test of determination. You have to have a modicum of skill, some good RNG which has landed you a good set of characters on your roster, and you have to simply sit down one day and say, "OK. I'm doing this."

Some people will find it easier than others -- I am an average-slightly above average player, so I had to pop revives here and there. I'm not ashamed to admit that; I don't intercept consistently well enough to mow down every single lane every single time.

But the Collector wasn't THAT bad. I have OG Vision, so while it took a while and a few revives, I got him down.

One of the Thanos fights in RttL was more annoying for me because I totally had the wrong characters, and that is the honest truth
    ESF wrote: »
    @BitterSteel : Great post and so true -- it's not that being Uncollected is good or bad. It's exactly as you said: It's more a test of determination. You have to have a modicum of skill, some good RNG which has landed you a good set of characters on your roster, and you have to simply sit down one day and say, "OK. I'm doing this."

Some people will find it easier than others -- I am an average-slightly above average player, so I had to pop revives here and there. I'm not ashamed to admit that; I don't intercept consistently well enough to mow down every single lane every single time.

But the Collector wasn't THAT bad. I have OG Vision, so while it took a while and a few revives, I got him down.

One of the Thanos fights in RttL was more annoying for me because I totally had the wrong characters, and that is the honest truth

Thanks! For sure, I had to use a fair few revives when I became uncollected on my main account. I agree, there are a ton more fights in the game harder than collector. Although I suppose it does depend on your definition of difficult. If you say difficult is “likelihood of soloing the fight” then collector is hard, since I’ve only seen one solo. But for me, difficulty is how much a fight frustrates you, weighed against whether it is possible.

That’s my decision on when I use revives, how much am I being frustrated by this, and how likely is it I can restart and do better. When I’m very frustrated, or don’t think I could do better, I revive. With the collector, I know I can’t do better by restarting, so I have to revive. To me, that’s not difficult. That’s just accepting you won’t win.

I just hate it when people define endgame player as an uncollected player. I mean, would you say this is an “end game profile”?
    1zcemtegmpwb.png

To me, I think that looks like a low-mid tier profile.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I agree...I became uncollected with a few r5 4* and a R3 5*...just took revives...it takes a little bit of basic skill of the game and a few practice runs against the pain in the butt nodes...
    And the benefits I get from that are just right...a GMC every 2 weeks,better daily and 4 hour crystals and fgmc for units when I want
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Beating collector doesn’t require skill. Requires units.
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    I agree...I became uncollected with a few r5 4* and a R3 5*...just took revives...it takes a little bit of basic skill of the game and a few practice runs against the pain in the butt nodes...
    And the benefits I get from that are just right...a GMC every 2 weeks,better daily and 4 hour crystals and fgmc for units when I want

Plus the opportunity for the event quest, which are immensely good rewards!
  • AraevinAraevin Posts: 15
    I kind of disagree. Being uncollected is like a rite of passage. It comes from acquiring various skills, all through the way to 5.2 and not just the collector boss fight. You need to be good at parrying, intercepting, baiting, managing several timers on yourself & the opponent, playing around several game mechanics and knowledge about abilities, matchups & synergies. It comes from practice and experience. Of course it seems easy when you are doing it on your second account because you already have a lot of the skills and the knowledge from your first account. Beating the collector is just crossing that threshold, even with revives it just proves the fact that you’ve attained a certain proficiency in those skills — still might not be the best but good enough. It’s a way of letting the game know that you are now ready for tougher challenges and greater rewards.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I wholeheartedly agree that it is an achievement, especially on lower (secondary) accounts, but anyone that does it without emptying their waller, has managed it because they built up the skills and/or resources for it.

The rewards come daily, and without an end to it. As well as the UC EQ.

When I became uncollected on my second account (about a month or so ago now), I felt great. It was a roster that wasn't 5* champs, it was all out 4*. It felt great, because doing it on my main was with an assortment of 5* champs. This to me felt more genuinely skill based than the other account. But I don't see why I should get more rewards out of it than I do already.

The one thing my second account definitely isn't, is 'end game' level. The 5* on it are... well.. they could be better, let's call it that. Several maxed 4* on it now. Uncollected doesn't mean you are there. It means you get better rewards for logging in and tapping 'Claim' every couple of hours. Which is great enough in its own right.
    Araevin wrote: »
    I kind of disagree. Being uncollected is like a rite of passage. It comes from acquiring various skills, all through the way to 5.2 and not just the collector boss fight. You need to be good at parrying, intercepting, baiting, managing several timers on yourself & the opponent, playing around several game mechanics and knowledge about abilities, matchups & synergies. It comes from practice and experience. Of course it seems easy when you are doing it on your second account because you already have a lot of the skills and the knowledge from your first account. Beating the collector is just crossing that threshold, even with revives it just proves the fact that you’ve attained a certain proficiency in those skills — still might not be the best but good enough. It’s a way of letting the game know that you are now ready for tougher challenges and greater rewards.

While I see where you’re coming from, and actually agree with most of it. I disagree that it’s only “easy” because it’s my second account. (your words, not mine. I actually don’t think it’s an easy thing to do, I’m just saying it’s not as hard as everyone seems to imply when they separate good players as uncollected and bad players as not- uncollected.)

I don’t think it’s easy. And I don’t think it’s easy because I’ve done it before. The advantage I have for doing it fast is knowledge and skill. Knowledge and skill can both be learnt. Knowledge is easier, as all you need to do is learn which champs are good, and how to use them and what to spend your units on (masteries, revives if needed and possibly energy refills.)

Skill is slightly harder, but at the end of the day, this is a contest and there can’t be a cheat sheet for people not skilled enough. Skill can be learned, through YouTube (Dorky Dave has good vids on that) and by pure playing.

I don’t think beating the collector proves any amount of skill. If someone came to my alliance with only one bit of knowledge about them, that they were uncollected, and I had to choose between them and someone not uncollected who had sent me some footage of them fighting. I would hold the footage in much higher stead, since any amount of revives could get you through uncollected.

I didn’t make this post to brag about how skilled I am, I’m not saying look at me I became uncollected really quick. That isn’t what I wanted anyone to take away from this. I wanted to show that uncollected isn’t the be all end all as some claim.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I can’t wait to get uncollected. It’s pretty much my goal in this game. I’m at the doorstep of 5.2.6 and did a dry run the other day with 3/45 Medusa 5/50 AA 5/50 magik 4/40 hulk and 2/35 thrags and I think I died on the yondu. Building up units now. Anyway, pretty much after I get uncollected I’m ranking up whoever I please, whoever’s fun to play. Rogues going 4/55. If I ever get a 5* Hawkeye, he’ll be 4/55. Same with massacre, Bishop, Luke cage and maybe yondu. Can’t wait.
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    I can’t wait to get uncollected. It’s pretty much my goal in this game. I’m at the doorstep of 5.2.6 and did a dry run the other day with 3/45 Medusa 5/50 AA 5/50 magik 4/40 hulk and 2/35 thrags and I think I died on the yondu. Building up units now. Anyway, pretty much after I get uncollected I’m ranking up whoever I please, whoever’s fun to play. Rogues going 4/55. If I ever get a 5* Hawkeye, he’ll be 4/55. Same with massacre, Bishop, Luke cage and maybe yondu. Can’t wait.

Hulk classic is a brilliant option for the collector. His attack at low health is great with revives. That’s how I did it first time. A max sig at r5 and 9 l1 revives. Collector down.

Good luck!
    flygamer wrote: »
    Me while reading this post
    das9ac9tid9b.gif

Yup, so sorry for forcing you to read it all.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Kind of agree but still.
    -If you get uncollected on your second acc, cool cause you can achieve a lot skill on your main acc.
    -Collector requires units, Agree but road to collector doesn’t. You should able to play on certain nodes like masochist, bane.
    -Certain champs, Pretty obvious, im sure you can be unc with she-hulk kamala khan and spidergwen but above average champs make it easier.
    At last i don’t care about rewards or whatever unc is cool. Im just saying that you looks it too easy but it’s not. Cause everyone isn’t as good as you are.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    What was the point of this post?

Mainly for people to read and understand it, which I’m not sure you did.

As such, I’ll do a little breakdown for you.

-people claim uncollected is this huge divide between skilled players and non skilled players
    -I disagree with this
    -people claim those who are uncollected should get more stuff, on top of 4 hour, daily, featured grandmaster crystals and also The calendar and monthly event quest.
    -I disagree uncollected need more benefits because I don’t think becoming uncollected is as hard as everyone implies
    -to prove this I, an above average skilled player but not amazing, started a second account and became uncollected with almost no arena, no money spent and a team of 3/30 and 4/40 4* champs.

Basically, the simplest I can say it is this: uncollected players don’t need more benefits. They have enough already.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

The answer to your question is in the first post, if you read it.

The truth is, becoming uncollected is much easier than I've expected it to be before I've done it. I beat the collector using a couple of team revives and a couple of solo revives on Hulk.
    The uncollected rewards are good enough as they are, especially the EQ, which grants you very good rewards.
    If things should change regarding certain crystals (Alliance crystal, solo crystals, etc) they should be the same for everyone, regardless if they are uncollected or not.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    UC isn't a huge divide at all. It's often more about pots and unit spending. I believe its purpose is to get people off f2p. I'm the only one in my Alliance not UC. The only difference is, I'm not accumulating the 6*s and as many resources. Knocking on the door of Platinum 3, it's becoming apparent that I'll be to become UC so I don't fall behind too much, in terms of account size. I think it depends what level you're playing at, as to whether or not it's actually important. The higher you go in war, the more stacked defense you need.

I'm decent. Middle of the pack player. Smallest account in our Ally. Everyone else who's UC definitely isn't better than anyone who isn't. They're just willing to grind more. I'm a cheapo and don't like to use pots or units ever. I'm not a grinder or a spender. Some are.

The point is some who are UC paid for it, and some are just crazy skilled. The title itself doesn't automatically equate to any definitive term about one's skill or play style.

You don't have to be UC to be good. You don't ever have to be UC. All you ever have to do is have fun, pull you weight, and play the game you love. Unless you're a whale. Those guys are like the John Wicks of MCoC. ;-)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I've held off, for no real reason, but having some reasonable champs, triple digit free crystals waiting to be used and 3000 units means I should probably just burn them and brute force my way to uncollected.

I'd love tiered titles, something that really shows skill versus spend.