**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 star dormammu

Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
His he worth R4 i got the cct4s n alpha 2ssk696y97t6l1.png

Comments

• CrazyPotatoCrazyPotato Posts: 17
    nah
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    nope i will never touch mine thanks to MD nerf
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    If u havent got a magik go for it :-)
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Its my only 5 star mistic out off 20 lol
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    As others have said, Dormammu doesn't hit very hard. He's essentially got 3 main sources of solid damage output.

1) Basic Attacks - His base attack is pretty low and doesn't hit for a lot.
    2) Soul Bond (heavy attacks) - Proper use of his Soul Bond detonation can help you make up some real ground in the damage department. Attack with a heavy and then charge the Soul Bond to 100 by draining their power or having them throw a special. Then use a heavy again to detonate the bond for pretty solid damage. My 4/55 is usually doing 7000+ damage in direct damage, which helps to end most arena fights pretty quickly.
    3) Soul Leech - Each time an enemy buff expires, Dormammu has a chance to place a passive degeneration debuff on the enemy.

This combination of damage sources used properly makes Dormammu an adequate attacker when compared to other champs. As Soul Leech is tied to his signature ability, not having it will reduce your potential damage output by quite a bit. He's a champ that really gets a big boost when he's awakened.

Unduped, he's not a good defender. As an attacker/quester, he's pretty good even unduped because if you're like most people, you're not using him for his attack power, you're using him for his power control (which can be used without a special bar). The bleed/poison immunity helps too.

It all depends on where you plan to use him.
  • LightZenithLightZenith Posts: 24
    edited September 2018
    Dorm and Mephisto are basically support in offense, giving synergies for example to boost up blade. They both have some utility in offense (but others do them better), and they hit a little bit too soft, making them pale in comparison to so many other champs currently in the game.

The place where they really shine is actually on defense due to the massive benefit from mystic dispersion. When mystic dispersion is nerfed in a few days, their value will drop significantly, and we probably won't see them anymore in defense.

With the upcoming nerf to mystic dispersion, I would not use t2a anymore on mystic champs that features highly on defense (Eg. Dorm, Mephisto, Juggernaut) Maybe even t4cc I would tread lightly, depending on where you are in the game.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    only if you don't have decent power control champ and desperately need one in offence. or if you have t2a expiring and no better option
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Dorm and Mephisto are basically support in offense, giving synergies for example to boost up blade. They both have some utility in offense (but others do them better), and they hit a little bit too soft, making them pale in comparison to so many other champs currently in the game.

The place where they really shine is actually on defense due to the massive benefit from mystic dispersion. When mystic dispersion is nerfed in a few days, their value will drop significantly, and we probably won't see them anymore in defense.

With the upcoming nerf to mystic dispersion, I would not use t2a anymore on mystic champs that features highly on defense (Eg. Dorm, Mephisto, Juggernaut) Maybe even t4cc I would tread lightly, depending on where you are in the game.

I disagree with a lot of this.

My 4/55 sig 100 Dormammu was getting 1-2 kills in nearly every war in Season 3. We finished in Platinum 2. I removed Mystic Dispersion before Season 3 started. Is Dormammu a better defender with the current version of MD? Sure. But his effectiveness didn't go down as much as people are suggesting it might. Even without MD, I'd say that Dormammu is still in the top 10% of all defenders in this game.

Most double-immune champs in this game are a little low in the attack rating department. I wouldn't say that's unique to Dorm. His real utility comes from his power control, which I argue is among the best in the game. Many say Magik is better. She's great, but I find Dormammu more effective (plus the double immunity means I can use him more than Magik). I'd say that only Vision rivals his utility as far as power control goes.

I've used Dormammu in a fair number of celebrity challenges to great effect. When used properly, he's been an MVP in certain event quests (I've got a video somewhere of Dorm simply eviscerating an Uncollected Hyperion boss with Power Gain and Power Reserve.)

He's not the offensive weakling some think he is. I've got mine at 4/55 and I used a generic awakening gem on him. I don't regret either decision and in light of the recent MD change, I wouldn't rank him down if given the chance.
  • Dorm and Mephisto are basically support in offense, giving synergies for example to boost up blade. They both have some utility in offense (but others do them better), and they hit a little bit too soft, making them pale in comparison to so many other champs currently in the game.

I disagree with a lot of this.

My 4/55 sig 100 Dormammu was getting 1-2 kills in nearly every war in Season 3. We finished in Platinum 2. I removed Mystic Dispersion before Season 3 started. Is Dormammu a better defender with the current version of MD? Sure. But his effectiveness didn't go down as much as people are suggesting it might. Even without MD, I'd say that Dormammu is still in the top 10% of all defenders in this game.

Most double-immune champs in this game are a little low in the attack rating department. I wouldn't say that's unique to Dorm. His real utility comes from his power control, which I argue is among the best in the game. Many say Magik is better. She's great, but I find Dormammu more effective (plus the double immunity means I can use him more than Magik). I'd say that only Vision rivals his utility as far as power control goes.

I've used Dormammu in a fair number of celebrity challenges to great effect. When used properly, he's been an MVP in certain event quests (I've got a video somewhere of Dorm simply eviscerating an Uncollected Hyperion boss with Power Gain and Power Reserve.)

He's not the offensive weakling some think he is. I've got mine at 4/55 and I used a generic awakening gem on him. I don't regret either decision and in light of the recent MD change, I wouldn't rank him down if given the chance.

Feel free to disagree, I'm sticking with my stand as well. Cheers.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I was training with him last night he is kinda hard to play not like youre average hero he takes some skill to use right