**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heimdall

Heimdall hits like he is in the peewee league. This is really messed up that a featured with so much potential be worse than carnage.
His only saving grace is his synergies.
I write this because if you're like me and r3 your 5 star you regret it and hope that no one else will make the same mistake.
CG, Prox, Medusa, Hype are the main cosmics I'd suggest.
Unless Kabam is going to fix heimdall damage output, he will be a Collected toon, that is never used.

Comments

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    He gets a permanent true strike after any special attack. It’s always give and take. No one champion does everything. He’s an awesome champ and I’d love to get him. True strike is golden in war against that Medusa you mentioned
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    True strike means nothing if you time out do to lack of damage. Just a warning to others he has massive pillow hands.
    You probably don’t rank GR either i guess
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Heimdall is clearly a utility god not a spiderman se Type damage dealer
    @Smash my GR is r4. When I tell you Heimdall has pillow hands. I mean it's like he's in amp guard hitting them with a foam sword.
    He is great support, cool syn, but damage way too lacking..
    Do whatever bro, but rank him above r2 and you'll regret it..
    @belli300 he does have great utility.. Defensively not so great. Offensively too low of damage for AW. Great for questing support but when that's all over and all you do is AQ and AW, what's the point of pillow hands
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    His damage isn't that bad once you get like 5-7 furies going
    SilentKiss wrote: »
    @Smash my GR is r4. When I tell you Heimdall has pillow hands. I mean it's like he's in amp guard hitting them with a foam sword.
    He is great support, cool syn, but damage way too lacking..
    Do whatever bro, but rank him above r2 and you'll regret it..

When i get him definitely try out but at the moment I’m overflowing in cosmic T4s so I’ll probably T3 him right away if i get him lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    @belli300 he does have great utility.. Defensively not so great. Offensively too low of damage for AW. Great for questing support but when that's all over and all you do is AQ and AW, what's the point of pillow hands

Are you converting his fury buffs to permanent?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Are you converting any of his buffs to permanent.
    Because with 3 perma furies, 1 perma precision and 1 perma aptitude buff his damage seems alright to me although only have r5 4*
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Heimdall may hit soft. But if you have his fury buffs in a stack of five, or even just 3, he hits like a truck on a pedestrian or those bullets on Quicksilver
    Yes I convert one apt from l3 and four furies. Damage is lacking. His true strike is nice for very Few situations.. Most of time it's better to parry or evade and then heavy.
    His self synergy is great with blade and gr. It's let's them heal and get back in the game.
    Over all is damage is average after converting buffs. Over all I should of raised my cg over heimdall. Defensively he doesn't get kills in aw. His l2 unblockable takes to long offensively to achieve.
    Over all, I doubt he will be used much except for synergies. (heck I may be wrong) but I was warned before r3 mine. I should of listen or read more up on him. Just trying to save others from my ignorance.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Heimdall is the only viable true counter to IMIW,
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    My experience is that he's similar to Hela in that they need some time to build up to their potential damage.

They aren't instant damage dealers like some of the others, but they certainly aren't bad either. Definitely need a bit more nuanced play to get the most out of them instead of just a blind parry-combo, button mash fight...
    @Championcritic that's not true. Proxima, Electra, CG, anyone with true strike (like Karnak), Void plus cpt synergy, Medusa, Hype. The list goes on. Depends on your play and who you have.
    edited September 2018
    @Championcritic that's not true. Proxima, Electra, CG, anyone with true strike (like Karnak), Void plus cpt synergy, Medusa, Hype. The list goes on. Depends on your play and who you have.

True, but only heimdall and proxima can parry IMIWs' projectile based dash attack. And proxima's true strike doesnt last very long, compared to heimdall's true strike, which lasts forever unless you get hit. So overall heimdall is the best counter to IMIW. I don't know how much damage a 4* version of heimdall would do, but at least it makes the fight alot less annoying and you can take your time to parry and attack, unless on stun immune of course.
    edited September 2018
    i only have the 3* version, so i can only talk based on abilities. But i figure, even if you dont kill the opponent in one iteration, your heimdall will likely not die, and you can try again. Sure you lose attack bonus but at least you wont risk the health of your other champs by having to use them
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    The problem with low damage champs is the fact that they are not useful at all in aq and aw.

for solo quests low damage utility champs are brilliant cus they have so many versatile uses and not too many weaknesses.
    very very all purpose and generally server you well as regular additions to your questing team as the can do a lot.

However they fall over in AQ and AW simply due to the 3:00 timer on fights. esp in War. you time out and you give your opponent a kill and you lose half your life. making it so that you only want high damage output champs in you aq and aw teams.
    if timers were increased to 5:00 then alot more champs would be uesful in war.
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    In my experience, I completely agree with @Championcritic that Heimdall is the TRUE counter to IMIW. His true strike stays infinitely if you're not hit, he parries projectiles, and since he can parry projectiles, you can charge heavy to build up furies. He is way more useful than just his synergies.....which are cool btw. To back this up.........last AW I was able to 1-shot an awakened r4 5* IMIW on Arc Overload/regen node. And my Heimdall is a 4*. He is badass when it comes to AW utility and will probably be very useful for questing now that there are evade/autoblock champs added every month.