**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game ceiling for veteran players

Just like me, I believe others thousands players had reach the ceiling of champions evolution in the game. We finish act 5, one path on LOL and participate in alliances in gold 1/plat 3 into AW season.
That´s the limit of the game, 1 or 2 5* R5 and 3-5 5* R4. Finish LOL 100% it is not possible without the rigth champs and a lot of units, and the flow of T2A is ridiculous, just 15k fragments per month plus the random rewards of AW season.
So, after reach those limits we can´t level up any champion during a long, long time. But Kabam keep the game with a great roster of champions and once you get a new one, you don´t get the resources to level up above R3.
What´s the motivation to keep playing? AQ, Uncollected, Arena, AW? The hardcore gamers has a legitimate chance to keep increase e level up their rosters above the ceiling, but they represent less than 0.5% of the game base of players.
Kabam must increase the flow of rank up materials, not just T1A, Gold, but primarly the rank up materials to level up 5* heroes to R4. We have a bunch of 5* heroes and they keep coming, but is frustating because we can´t level up. They promise that AQ Season 5 would be the source of T2A, but kabam plans look´s like the Coyote´s plans to catch Road Runner.

Comments

• BiosmithiiBiosmithii Posts: 21
    I've wondered what percentage of MCOC players are in your category, vs the one I am in (been playing 6 months, have a nice roster of 4 stars and a partial handful of 5s, still working on Act 4, not able to fight without sometimes spazzing out and making dumb mistakes.

It is hard for me to see a ceiling in this game when I feel like I am laying on the floor trying to see what's on the dinner table. Heh.

One day I was like you and the ceiling came faster, keep playing hard and less than a year you reach that
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    1.5 years I am at that ceiling and 5/65 still need to 100% lol I am 4 months from taking another champ to 4/55. Hoping for Xmas rank down to take x23 to 3/45 and ghost rider to 4/55. 6 stars come faster than 4/55 5 stars even in a gold 1 top 500 aq alliance.

Yep, RDT is necessary because the rank up materials is scarce, otherwise they wouldn´t be
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    I am in your boat OP. The strangle hold on T2A and T5B has got to loosen a bit. The very top can still progress and they are further separating themselves from everyone else. If you finished all content say a year ago and ranked what champs were available then to R4/R5 it’s hard to counter the newly released champs that have unstoppable this or auto-block parry that. While I’m not a huge fan of RDTs, they would be one way to bring those that peaked early into the modern state of the game. Availability of high end catalysts is the other.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Biosmithii wrote: »
    I've wondered what percentage of MCOC players are in your category, vs the one I am in (been playing 6 months, have a nice roster of 4 stars and a partial handful of 5s, still working on Act 4, not able to fight without sometimes spazzing out and making dumb mistakes.

It is hard for me to see a ceiling in this game when I feel like I am laying on the floor trying to see what's on the dinner table. Heh.

One day I was like you and the ceiling came faster, keep playing hard and less than a year you reach that

Right on. Love this game, prolly too much, and I'm getting better. I wonder if I will ever have the young person's reflexes to truly master this game, but honestly that's 100 percent OK with me.
    That's the thing with games: they come to an end. There comes a point that you need to grind/pay too hard to reach the absolute top. I guess that's game over. Hopefully you will find a new game!

That´s a sad statement, we keep playing because we like the game, the friends on the alliance, just let the game go it´s not the best decision.
    I don´t wanna be the top 1 player, that´s not a synonymous of best player in this game, just the one who spend more cash
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    All I can say I highly doubt this game will continue long enough to actually take a 6* champ to rank5 I was thinking about it the other day but what you’re saying about resources pretty much sums up why. The player base will most likely grow old before kabam let’s those items loose
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I'm at exactly at this point 2 5/65s, 4 R4s, 3 6*s 2 Years I'm getting board. Hopefully the increase in t2a in AQ will help players like us. Otherwise I may move on.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    It is not just those that have 100% Act 5 and completed LOL that feel what you are talking about. I have done neither, but have not gotten so lucky with my 5* champs. I would go ahead and rank up the less than stellar champs I have to help get 100%, but I know if I do I won't have the resources for the good champs when I get them.
  • Well to be honest, if you play gold 1 AW and if you and your alliance are good, you don't need to spend all your glory in potions. This last season my Alliance was gold 1, top 180 or so in AW and top 400 in AQ, and I can buy 3 offers of T2A every AQ, that is ~20k T2A shards monthly.

Sum all that shards (AW, EQ, Glory store, random picks) and in 4 months (or less) you have another 5r4 champ, with the changes of prizes in AQ, maybe the time can be reduced to 3 months or less.
    We all love to rank a 5r4 monthly, but that's not going to happen in the short time.
    Tax wrote: »
    It is not just those that have 100% Act 5 and completed LOL that feel what you are talking about. I have done neither, but have not gotten so lucky with my 5* champs. I would go ahead and rank up the less than stellar champs I have to help get 100%, but I know if I do I won't have the resources for the good champs when I get them.

Thats another point, but bad luck can´t be solved...most of us are in the same situation
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    It would be great if they added some content (even if small) monthly for end game players. Monthly EQ is easy with big enough rosters. I get tired of this game being entirely focused on the 10 relevant characters for AW.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    The stranglehold on t2a is really a problem. I understand why it is there but for those who play for enjoyment versus the hardcore comepetion it really starts to take away from the game once you run out of content to play.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    I don’t see a stranglehold. T2a is more plentiful then ever before
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Just my thought. It’s simple. They MUST increase all rewards in everyway, but i don’t think they would. Cause i think they forgot that they released 6*champs
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I have to agree with OP for the majority of the post. I am in the same boat. I have a 5/65 and can r5 another if i want.I have a good roster i can do any content but i dont have any left lol. I left my ally at the end of season 3, and i havent played much since. I think ill just do the uncollected EQ and some arena. Maybe when Act 6 comes out or LoL 2 ill join an ally again..

But right now, the game is boring to me sadly.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I'm playing from past 3 years (totally free to play)
    I brute force many quests against my capacity and roster to win rewards (in early days of this game) by grinding units here and there and ended up ranking some characters which i don't want to level up because of expiring t2a due to limited inventory level set-up by kabam
    I took mordo and symbiotic spidey up because of unavailability of good champs and expiring of t2a...
    Now i don't play arena anymore and part of an alliance where no one cares what you do, so high end rewards are less likely to come by and monthly quests doesn't offer much so my champs are stuck on same level as they were exactly 4-5 months ago.
    Though there's no quest that can't be done by my current roster but still i like to take some new characters up in order to make things easier and less costly.
    Act6 isn't in the news because kabam busy in making monthly quests... :disappointed:

Only hope is act6 or some celebrity challenge where rewards should be improved according to current scenerio
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I get what you are saying. The only thing left for me is to finish the LOL (did one path). But the lagging is preventing me to try it again. And I do not want to get more items because they will expire before I can use them. So it is mostly over for my main account.

10 days ago, I started a new account and, surprise, the lagging is almost gone. So it seems like having less things in your account and not having 5 stars actually improves the performance of the game at the moment. I am starting to sense some lagging though, as I just finished Thanos. But not as bad as the main account.

In my opinion, starting over is the best option in your situation. The game is more addictive when you start and now you know how to make better choices (like unlocking masteries first). Sure, it's a shame you dedicated 4 years to the other account, but what is the point if you cannot play hard content anymore?

Having a second account also puts a stop to the idea of spending in the game, as now that you have two accounts you see the futility of it. I keep seeing offers for beginners in my veteran account, and useless offers in my beginner account. So in the end, you have no reasons to spend money on them.
    Another benefit of starting over: You don't have to fight a Blade every 2 minutes.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Another benefit of starting over: You don't have to fight a Blade every 2 minutes.

If you don’t get lucky pulls, then aren’t you in the same boat but with a less advanced roster?
    CFree wrote: »

If you don’t get lucky pulls, then aren’t you in the same boat but with a less advanced roster?

Yes, but it is still better than when I started 4 years ago. The Gwenpool goes to the movies event gave me 5 four stars and I duped one of them. That roster is more than enough to do 100% acts 1, 2 and 3. (Should work on act 4, but I need to rank them up and tier 2 catalysts are not as easy to get as 4 years ago).

Also, with the pool of champions these days, it is easier to do the content.

For Act 4 I will need a more specialized roster, but it's been only 10 days. The key here is that the more you advance, the worse the performance is going to get. So we'll see how far I can get until the game becomes annoying again.

I have been trying my secondary device, a high end android phone, the lagging is there, but seems to be less than in iPad.

I don't know, I think the ceiling is there on level 60. Playing the game beyond that is just personal taste. Acts 4 and 5 were design for people that just couldn't get enough challenges (and Act 6 will be designed the same way for sure). Just look at the design change between acts 3 and 4. Act 3 requires 2 energies per tile, but the quests are shorter than Act 2. Act 4 takes 3 energies and the quests are longer and with ridiculous debuffs. It wasn't meant to be done fast or easy. I don't think playing this game beyond level 60 is a must. Everything gets repetitive and not many people will do acts 4, 5 and 6 for the challenge of it. Most of them will do it to not stay behind. If it stops being fun, then you should consider if it is still worth it.

This is my personal opinion, I am sure many won't agree.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    1.5 years I am at that ceiling and 5/65 still need to 100% lol I am 4 months from taking another champ to 4/55. Hoping for Xmas rank down to take x23 to 3/45 and ghost rider to 4/55. 6 stars come faster than 4/55 5 stars even in a gold 1 top 500 aq alliance.

Yep, RDT is necessary because the rank up materials is scarce, otherwise they wouldn´t be

RDT's aren't needed because you cant get T2A. They are adding more T2A to AQ now as well. They are making them easier to form and get.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    A few more months I bet that they increase the t2a shards from uncollected to a full one
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    Also look as how easy t4cc is to get now compared to a year ago.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

RDT's aren't needed because you cant get T2A. They are adding more T2A to AQ now as well. They are making them easier to form and get.

but more should be added to solo modes.
    uncolleceted EQ for example.

being part of a good alliance should not be madatory to gain the resources to rank up champions.
    but after completing Act 5 to gain resources you need to be in a good alliance.....
  • This is my personal opinion, I am sure many won't agree.

In the world of MMOs, there is a sliding scale of players: the mains, and the alts. Some players like to focus on one (or a few) strong characters that they've made the most progress on and want to keep stacking more progress on, and some prefer to start new characters over and over again (some players, of course, are in the middle). Both are considered valid ways to play the game. Also, in general the existence of both types of players is not generally considered a failing of the game, but usually an inevitability of a game balanced between the two desires.