**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can I ask a serious question

Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
I know it's been asked about in the past but with AQ Season 5 just days away.

What is stopping AQ timers from being Permanently changed to 45 or 30 minutes?

It could benefit everyone not to mention the amount of revenue you can make for slightly buffing up the Mini Bosses.

Plus additional question

Is it possible to make it so Every time you 100% all maps, as automatically ends so you can do another 3 maps with the same amount of time remaining? But limit the rewards to 1 Crystal per day completion?

Comments

• XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    I honestly don't know... There's not anyone who doesn't want it...
    And also...
    "Can i ask a serious question?"
    I think you mean may I? Lmao

You mean there’s not anyone who doesn’t want it, that you don’t agree with and therefore you tell them they’re lying?

Forgive the generalisation, you may not think that way, but this is the only attitude I ever come across when I see people against 1/2 hour timers. I know there is a forum user avidly against 30 min timers and I’ve had a few friends who don’t like them as much.

The reason is pressure. I have been in previous high tier alliances that have required you to log in any time you have energy to move and take down a node. Clearly, 30 minute timers double the amount of times I need to make myself available to log in and this is a lot of pressure. In this situation, I prefer 1 hour timers. The map is easily doable, all it does is make me not enjoy the game. Why should I advocate for that?

I get that it isn’t a popular opinion, and I know I’m not the majority but I accept that others want 30 min timers, why can’t others accept that I don’t want them. And don’t tell me there’s no reason not to like them, I just said why

I'm fine either way actually. I'm on enough for 1 hour timers, but 30 min timers are a lot more helpful time wise.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★

I get that it isn’t a popular opinion, and I know I’m not the majority but I accept that others want 30 min timers, why can’t others accept that I don’t want them. And don’t tell me there’s no reason not to like them, I just said why

Agreed. We consistently finish map 6 more than three hours early every day. I don't want longer maps that would then require me to move every 30 minutes.

• ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    I honestly think that there should be a option to purchase moves via units.
  • I know it's been asked about in the past but with AQ Season 5 just days away.

What is stopping AQ timers from being Permanently changed to 45 or 30 minutes?

The fact that the person who makes the final design call on that feature doesn't want to.
    Why was I flagged for abuse? I mean... I just want to know what i said Wrong.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

You mean there’s not anyone who doesn’t want it, that you don’t agree with and therefore you tell them they’re lying?

Forgive the generalisation, you may not think that way, but this is the only attitude I ever come across when I see people against 1/2 hour timers. I know there is a forum user avidly against 30 min timers and I’ve had a few friends who don’t like them as much.

The reason is pressure. I have been in previous high tier alliances that have required you to log in any time you have energy to move and take down a node. Clearly, 30 minute timers double the amount of times I need to make myself available to log in and this is a lot of pressure. In this situation, I prefer 1 hour timers. The map is easily doable, all it does is make me not enjoy the game. Why should I advocate for that?

This is exactly what my point was in the AQ5 announcement thread about 30 min timers. The pressure to move more often is put on players. 30 min timers are a double edge sword. It works great for relaxed allys but doubles the pressure to move every 30 mins in high tier allys.
    Good BG organization will always get you finished on time.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    And also...

everyone may want it....
    but the maps are designed to take a certain amount of time.
    map 5 is hard particularly due to time constraints.
    if energy timers wer always 30 mins it would become very easy to do all AQ maps and there would be less challenge to have alliance working well.
    only good organised alliances should be able to do map 5.
    if timers are 30 mins every backyard ally will be able to do map 5.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    And also...

everyone may want it....
    but the maps are designed to take a certain amount of time.
    map 5 is hard particularly due to time constraints.
    if energy timers wer always 30 mins it would become very easy to do all AQ maps and there would be less challenge to have alliance working well.
    only good organised alliances should be able to do map 5.
    if timers are 30 mins every backyard ally will be able to do map 5.

Didn't think about it that way... 😋
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

This is exactly what my point was in the AQ5 announcement thread about 30 min timers. The pressure to move more often is put on players. 30 min timers are a double edge sword. It works great for relaxed allys but doubles the pressure to move every 30 mins in high tier allys.

it shouldnt increase the pressure.
    it should reduce the pressure.
    there should be no need to finish it half as quick.
    everyone should still be able to move as before.
    just also have the ability to move quicker.
    it shouldnt matter if your energy is full for a little bit or not cus you can get it back twice as quick.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

I'm sure it happens, but it is still nonsensical. There is literally zero benefit to asking people to move more often when timers are reduced, because energy availability is doubled. I'm absolutely certain that when the devs added two T1 alphas and one T4 basic to the arenas it immediately caused some alliance leaders to pressure their members to grind more arena so they could rank up more champions for alliance purposes. However unfortunate that might be, I wouldn't consider it an important factor to consider when deciding whether to increase the availability of those resources.

It is one thing when the game incentivizes degenerate behavior; that is certainly something to be wary of. But lower energy timers is not incentivizing degenerate behavior, because there's no reward for that degenerate behavior (unless you were not completing the map in the first case, in which case it is a material benefit most players would actually want).
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »

it shouldnt increase the pressure.
    it should reduce the pressure.
    there should be no need to finish it half as quick.
    everyone should still be able to move as before.
    just also have the ability to move quicker.
    it shouldnt matter if your energy is full for a little bit or not cus you can get it back twice as quick.

If this logic is true, there shouldn't be timer on energy at all. Why not have 0 energy requirement just map timer so everyone can go in and 100% the map in the first half an hour and let the map timer expire whenever they do?
    While they are at it what's the point now to restrict the same champions from being used in AW AQ and quest while they are locked in fire higher maps? Stamina is there for a reason and I agree with some of the previous comments that energy timer is there to differentiate the organized alliances from the casual ones. A well organized alliance with lower prestige should rank higher than a semi retired alliance with higher prestige but can't finish their map.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

I do have a question that occurred to me not long ago. If the complaint against 30 minute timers is that it encourages some alliances to force players to move more often, what if instead of reducing energy timers from 60 minutes to 30 minutes the game instead granted two energy points per hour? You could still move no more often than once an hour like now, but you could move farther if you were unblocked. Would that eliminate the concern about needing to log in more often when under reduced timers?

Another question: if some alliances are forcing players to use energy as efficiently as possible, even to the point of asking them to move even when no energy is being lost then I would think another problem is the five energy cap. Players who sleep at least eight hours a night are losing about three energy points a night if they sleep through any part of an active AQ (or AW for that matter). If the energy cap was raised from five to eight, that would mean players would not lose energy when they slept a normal night's sleep (for most people). This doesn't increase the amount of energy given to players in a twenty four hour period, so there's very little map-balance concerns. This doesn't alter energy timers, so it doesn't affect AQ interactivity. It sounds like it would eliminate another possible point of pressure that an alliance could force upon its players (to wake up and use energy). This would seem to be a quality of life benefit that had a minimal game balance impact and would negatively affect no one. Given your stance on reduced energy timers, would you be opposed to or in favor of increased energy caps in AQ?
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'm sure it happens, but it is still nonsensical. There is literally zero benefit to asking people to move more often when timers are reduced, because energy availability is doubled. I'm absolutely certain that when the devs added two T1 alphas and one T4 basic to the arenas it immediately caused some alliance leaders to pressure their members to grind more arena so they could rank up more champions for alliance purposes. However unfortunate that might be, I wouldn't consider it an important factor to consider when deciding whether to increase the availability of those resources.

It is one thing when the game incentivizes degenerate behavior; that is certainly something to be wary of. But lower energy timers is not incentivizing degenerate behavior, because there's no reward for that degenerate behavior (unless you were not completing the map in the first case, in which case it is a material benefit most players would actually want).

I know it happens for sure. Ive been a part of it. I cant say or even try and quote a percentage because it would a pure BS guess. The way i see it is with shorter timers there are going to be alliances that push to finish to release champs and whatnot or use it as reasons to kick for inactivity because leaders know you are sitting on energy. Again, I don't know how many would do this, my current ally wouldnt but I can see it happening.
    If there were 30 min timers, would i keep playing? Of course but I just dont think the current format is designed with 30 min timers in mind or is actually really needed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

I believe you that that happens, but it isn't a result of high tier, it's just stupidity. There is no reason other than alliances being stupid for everyone not to have less pressure to login with shorter timers. I've accepted that we aren't getting 30 minute timers though. I am kind of disappointed that they haven't lowered the cost of map 6 though given the announcement when it was released.

I believe you that that happens, but it isn't a result of high tier, it's just stupidity. There is no reason other than alliances being stupid for everyone not to have less pressure to login with shorter timers. I've accepted that we aren't getting 30 minute timers though. I am kind of disappointed that they haven't lowered the cost of map 6 though given the announcement when it was released.

They will. Its something they talked about during our beta talks but they wanted to focus on maps 1-5 first. I believe map 6 will get a update next from what it sounds like.