**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masochism vs bane node

Soooo i already finish exploration easy path on map 5.2.4 with spend so many revives and potion (my skill is average and my mastery isnt good coz lack of units). So the question is which is harder? And do you think how much units i need to have to buy revive and potion for act 5.2.5? Just for exploration

Masochism vs bane node 43 votes

5.2.4 masochism is harder
79%
BigMoHaji_SaabTheManMythLegendHell_GoliathGDEVIL69_MrLalowSpeedbumpSungjnameplasChillHERVE_LEANDREDOKTOROKTOPUSTwmRAKTEKSpiderCoolsHammerbro_64xananabananaKade7175Jedo_510or_Strong 34 votes
5.2.5 Bane is harder
20%
GroundedWisdomSceptilemaniacIcsGrecG0311XFA_RebootedchrissbjordannterrrycshSidDDragonGr8TonyStark 9 votes

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Masochism makes you unable to parry occasionally, automatically making it way harder then bane
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    5.2.5 Bane is harder
    I actually find Bane more challenging. Masochism is simple if you Parry to trigger it, then use DoT like Bleed. Bane means you have to be offensive, and if you aren't aggressive the whole time, you get hit with Degen. Of course, I have a great deal of lag on my tablet. My phone is better, but my hands are too darn big. Lmao.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I actually find Bane more challenging. Masochism is simple if you Parry to trigger it, then use DoT like Bleed. Bane means you have to be offensive, and if you aren't aggressive the whole time, you get hit with Degen. Of course, I have a great deal of lag on my tablet. My phone is better, but my hands are too darn big. Lmao.

I wouldn’t say you have to be offensive the whole time lol just when bane is getting close to expiring otherwise I don’t play any differently than usual lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    5.2.5 Bane is harder

I wouldn’t say you have to be offensive the whole time lol just when bane is getting close to expiring otherwise I don’t play any differently than usual lol

Fair enough. I've had issues with lag, sporadic AI, and being intercepted. Plus the style of the AI, either Block or Intercept quickly. It all depends on the content. Act 5 is more stress for Bane than other areas for me.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    5.2.5 Bane is harder
    Masochism is easier for me but mostly because I use a MorningStar 5-star duped at R3 every time the enemy gets a little bit of Health I get a lot more health my duration last longer. Pain can really screw you up especially if they're about to get their third special you started dgen you're trying to bait out a special from the enemy
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    5.2.5 Bane is harder
    I found bane to be tougher cuz unless u play perfectly,u will take damage..I countered masochism with x23,void and blade but for bane u have to get ur timing right and that's something that comes with practice and I didn't have that going into 5.2.5
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    5.2.5 Bane is harder
    Neither are hard, but for the sake of the poll I picked bane.
    While playing on masochism, you can afford to make a mistake every now and then.
    While playing on bane, usually one mistake kills you (unless it's made in the final 25ish % of your opponent's hp).
    Bane requires a bit of strategy, timing, good parries and maybe intercepting.
    Masochism requires a big damage output, to overdamage the healing.
  • 5.2.5 Bane is harder
    Neither is too difficult. Some experts already explained well above. Just bring the right champs for 5.2.4, and time your bane transfer properly for 5.2.5. I think you can get over 5.2.4 and 5.2.5 with probably a few revives and no units, depending on which paths you choose. Google the Act 5.2 strategy guide and watch a few youtube videos so you can prepare ahead for the champs plus some of their extra local node buffs/debuffs you are going to face ahead, and pick the easiest path for your 1st run. I'm assuming you already have revives fully stocked in your inventory, and a few more overflowing in your stash not yet expiring. To be honest, the Collector is the HARDEST in 5.2.6 once you are done with 5.2.4 and 5.2.5.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Bane was super easy, barely an inconvenience except against the collector and KG just cause of his durability. Massochism kept me stuck for a good while. I feel like the trick is to use champs that apply lots of debuffs like LC or GP do you can always parry
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Both are hard the first time round, but once you fight it more often you will get used to it and both will be relatively easy.
  • Bane was super easy, barely an inconvenience except against the collector and KG just cause of his durability. Massochism kept me stuck for a good while. I feel like the trick is to use champs that apply lots of debuffs like LC or GP do you can always parry

I got that reference.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I soloed 5.2.5 first try no units spent after being stuck on 5.2.4 for like 2 months and finally pushing through with about 250 units spent. I think I’ve just watched enough perfect bane transfers on yt, haven’t died once from bane degen.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    5.2.4 caltrops path is the hardest in 5.2 imo. Unless u have a duped Morningstar.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    masochism is 10 times most ANNOYING than bane IMO