**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What defines a ''God tier' champ??'

I don't understand what it takes to be named ''God tier'', but these champs are really good.

Bishop - I am testing him and, he's incredible against energy champs (Iceman/Magik/Dorm, etc...) He can build up prowess very fast and this give you a spectacular sp2. Can regen and remove bleed.
Quake - I'm bringing champs down with minimum contact. Almost no power build up for opponent.
Thor (JF) - Constant stunning. With high sig. can do great damage. Stagger buff on heavy.
The Hood - Invisibility, power stealing and stagger opponent's buff. I've fighted against Juggie and, except at the begining, he never went back on unstoppable/fury. Against Hype, no more fury/power gain.
Cable - Degen at the start of the fight, regen, power gain. Can become immune to poison.

Don't judge me, but, sometimes, being outside the boundaries, can be good.

Comments

• Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    Quake, Bishop and the hood are god tier... If I'm correct. If I'm not correct I know at least quake is. I think some of the major things that makes a champ god tier is how much damage they can put out and versatility. I know JF gets bad publicity here but I think she's underrated. Like you said when duped she can deal high damage, plus combined with her energy resistance she's good for fighting energy based champs. I think popularity is another thing that makes a champ god tier too. For me at this point in the game it's about who I need.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I don't understand what it takes to be named ''God tier'', but these champs are really good.

Bishop - I am testing him and, he's incredible against energy champs (Iceman/Magik/Dorm, etc...) He can build up prowess very fast and this give you a spectacular sp2. Can regen and remove bleed.
    Quake - I'm bringing champs down with minimum contact. Almost no power build up for opponent.
    Thor (JF) - Constant stunning. With high sig. can do great damage. Stagger buff on heavy.
    The Hood - Invisibility, power stealing and stagger opponent's buff. I've fighted against Juggie and, except at the begining, he never went back on unstoppable/fury. Against Hype, no more fury/power gain.
    Cable - Degen at the start of the fight, regen, power gain. Can become immune to poison.

I agree with you on quake, Thor JF and the hood. Cable doesn't degen at the start. He degens when you use a heavy attack or when a bleed is inflicted on cable.

To answer your question though, I mainly look at their abilities first. If they have very good abilities and immunities I'd rate them at a very high tier. If they also have great damage capabilities, they are upgraded to God tier. Cable for example, yeah he can become poison immune, but it takes too long for it to happen to matter. Quake, Thor JF and hood are amazing, but there are also other champs that can do damage better with similar utilities, so I'd put the the three above at demi-god tier
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Quake is in the God tier list IMO
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Good question. Expert opinion only considers only one of your listed champions as God Tier and that is Quake. But it is nothing more than opinion. Personally, Bishop is total **** for me as the amount of energy-based champions are limited and building up prowess is too hard without it. So far, JF doesn't convince me but hey, I might be wrong.

For me, Red Hulk is God Tier. He has already very high base stats and his heat charges on top of that augments his damage incredibly. Offense or defense, he's killing it.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Cyclops...his SP3 really ramps up your combo meter without doing much damage. He makes it possible to get the highest combo count against WS.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

I agree with you on quake, Thor JF and the hood. Cable doesn't degen at the start. He degens when you use a heavy attack or when a bleed is inflicted on cable.

To answer your question though, I mainly look at their abilities first. If they have very good abilities and immunities I'd rate them at a very high tier. If they also have great damage capabilities, they are upgraded to God tier. Cable for example, yeah he can become poison immune, but it takes too long for it to happen to matter. Quake, Thor JF and hood are amazing, but there are also other champs that can do damage better with similar utilities, so I'd put the the three above at demi-god tier

Cable does inflict degen at the start if you use double edge.( i don't use it so correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    edited September 2018

The Hood - Invisibility, power stealing and stagger opponent's buff. I've fighted against druggy

Lmao bit of editing :p
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Never listen to tiers from some guy on youtube. Most champs here can be used. Sure there are some really bad ones but alot get a bad rep for not beeing more. Personally i still find she hulk very underrated no shes not god tier but she can kick any non stun immune mystics ass. My r1 5* often takes down maxed out magiks in arena with ease
    I would not recommend totally ignoring the advice of the YT players, but I would take it with a grain of salt. Some (like Seatin) are heavily biased towards end-game players with lots of skills and resources. For mediocre players, their advice can be wrong.

SL is probably the best example. A lot of conditions should be met to become God Tier. First of all, awakened and high sig lvl. Secondly, especially good skills in maintaining the combo meter. Just pulling him from a crystal as a mediocre player, he's absolute trash. You are better off with Sentinel or Ultron.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Never focus too much on champ tier. This past events sym in 3.1 showed that a champ that normally sits in your profile and seldom sees use outside of arena was the top choice to complete the eq with little to no pot useage. People were using Ronan in 2* on uncollected against a 6* opponent. This only worked because of the insane number of buffs but again don't rule out the less favorable champs in usefulness
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I think the whole tier list is silly in this game. The notion is especially laughable since perusing the forums tells me that there's no solid consensus on who belongs in which tier. Based on what I've read here, you're either "God Tier" or "Trash". There seems to be very little middle ground with people, which makes the whole concept less credible to me.

I use who I enjoy and I don't get hung up on categorizing the champs. The game is a lot more fun that way. In fact, I derive a lot of fun out of using less popular champs, typically to great effect. My AQ roster is a revolving door of lesser-used champs. Beast absolutely destroys the Morningstar bosses. It's a lot of fun diving deep into my roster for harder content.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    When they are the best at their utility
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    JamesM wrote: »
    SL is the reigning king of overrated champs. Take away ROL/LOL and he is useless for most content. Without sustainability or utility there are much better options than having him on your team.

Take away basketball from Michael Jordan and put him onto baseball pitch, and he is useless.
    Lol what kind of a troll post is this?
    Now that rank up materials are available and rank 5 5* run rampant through LOL, SL lost some value and is probably a tier below god tier champs. But he surely isn't overrated. His time will come again with a LOL 2 kind of content.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I love Quake, and playing her sometimes feels like I'm cheating. But it's fun to watch opponents stagger about and get stunned over and over while never making it to one level on the power bar.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    edited September 2018
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    SL is the reigning king of overrated champs. Take away ROL/LOL and he is useless for most content. Without sustainability or utility there are much better options than having him on your team.

Take away basketball from Michael Jordan and put him onto baseball pitch, and he is useless.
    Now that rank up materials are available and rank 5 5* run rampant through LOL, SL lost some value and is probably a tier below god tier champs. But he surely isn't overrated. His time will come again with a LOL 2 kind of content.

Not even a close comparison, it would be like saying takeaway Jordan's jump shot and he is useless. LOL is a small portion of the game not the whole game. SL is not required for LOL, if you want to 100% LOL a r4 SL isn't always going to be your best option. Now if you r5 him which is a waste of t5b, imo, then he will help you 100%. I rarely used SL when I did LOL 100%. You even said yourself he probably isnt God tier anymore and by that he is overrated since a good majority still consider him God Tier.
    The God tier is slowly getting watered down anyway. With the current metta, no champion is going to allow you steamroll through all modes like they did with God tiers of pre 12.0 or blade when mystic war was a thing. LOL is a one time thing once you are done it is over, rating SL primarily cuz of his benefit for LOL is overrating his overall worth. AQ and War is ongoing and over time the rewards from those modes outweigh LOL.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Stating SL is overrated depends entirely on your point view, as well as your strengths within the game.
    Arguably, Sparky does the same if not more damage in a shorter time, but for people like me, that get clipped building poises, a rock solid champ that deals massive damage and requires a combo streak... well that combo streak I can get to without getting clipped. So for me, in the longer run, SL has more value than Sparky has.

It's more than just the utility of the champ, it's most definitely also the person using said champ.
    And that whole tier list, it's always bugged me, and I'm glad more people don't see it as gospel.
    My highest cosmic champ right now, is CM. After that come Medusa and Hyperion, but while questing, I bring CM. She is a rock solid damage dealer. Go with the champs that fir your playstyle, define your own god tiers.
    Sure there is a certain logic to the list. But as has been said, look at it, take it as something of advice, play how you want to play.

I'll gladly bring my SL into any quest. I just won't be stupid and think he is the answer to everything. No champ is, he's no exception. But that ramping damage.. It's wonderful.

Useless was an overexaggeration, for that you are right. I think there are much better options to spend t2a on than Starlord, he isn't a must have like he used to be. When next LOL 2.0 comes out his worth may go up again but till then he is overrated.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Good tier imo is defined as champion versatility how many good matchup they have with other champs vs how many bad matchups they have.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited September 2018

Useless was an overexaggeration, for that you are right. I think there are much better options to spend t2a on than Starlord, he isn't a must have like he used to be. When next LOL 2.0 comes out his worth may go up again but till then he is overrated.

For what he does, he doesn't need to be R5 and spending T5b on him is really useless. I might do it anyway because I want shorter fights - it's tough to maintain focus for hours.
    Kudos on admitting on overexaggeration, sorry for calling the post "troll". I never expect some kind of normal debate on kabam forums lol :)
    edited September 2018
    God tier is a matter of opinion really. Imo 2 out of the 3 conditions that have to be met in order for a champion to be God tier is:

Great Utility
    Great Damage
    Great Sustainability

Ex.
    Void's damage increases noticeablely when FotV is placed on the opponent and can reverse healing/power. (Utility/Dmg)

Blade can heal on command and inflict massive damage with bleeds and Danger Sense. (Sustainability/Dmg)

Iceman is triple immune and can survive SP3s with Ice Armor active. (Utility/Sustainability)

Edit: There's one only one exception I can think of rn and thats SL. He's God-Tier imo only because of his damage can reach to insane numbers. So I guess a champ can also be God Tier if they outshine every champ in a certain aspect.

We have gone off topic, I stated my opinion about SL primarily since I agreed SpicyKnights original post. I just didn't agree with his view of SL. It is personal preference since I probably give utility a higher degree of importance, followed by sustainability and damage output.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    For what he does, he doesn't need to be R5 and spending T5b on him is really useless. I might do it anyway because I want shorter fights - it's tough to maintain focus for hours.

That I agree with. If you have other champs to rank to 5, SL doesn't need it right now to be highly efficient in what he does.
    Verzz wrote: »
    How many people worship Him/Her

Him/Her?
    Who do you mean?
    Bapoi wrote: »

That I agree with. If you have other champs to rank to 5, SL doesn't need it right now to be highly efficient in what he does.
    Verzz wrote: »
    How many people worship Him/Her

Him/Her?
    Who do you mean?

Probably cuz we capitalized god, I don't read when I type. I typically just roll with the autocorrect.