**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MD a bug fix, not a developer change?

So I read that since the update is to fix an on going problem with dexterity and MD that kabam won't release rank down tickets. Now, I'm indifferent to the desicion but any body that ranked a mystic champ based on the last SEVERAL YEARS had no idea that this was a "bug". .... Kabam just created their own loop hole IMO.

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    The community has been asking for a change to MD for years. The way it was interacting with Dex, activating when it never went away on a 2nd/3rd/4th Dex. The changes to new refreshing rebuffs just added fuel to the fire. Do a forum search for dex/md and I am sure you will find threads where WE the community were begging for this to change to happen. Did they do a bit more, yes. But this is still a good change.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    It's NOT a bug. It was designed that way. They're calling it a bug to avoid any justification for rank down tickets to be rewarded for those who upgraded mystic champs to take advantage of MD. Which was a lot of players.

I"m not saying it's a bad change, because it was really needed. I"m saying they're deceiving the player base by calling it a bug.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    The fact people asked for a change still doesn't change the fact that this change nerfs certain champs viability as defenders, dorm and juggs in particular. I'm not happy about the change as I used and AG, over 100 stones, and t2a taking form to R4 last year. I don't mind them making changes as the game changes, but they should give people the ability to change their minds when they do. It's not like MD or dorm were new champs and both had been acting as they were for a considerable amount of time. They had never claimed the interaction was a bug and in fact stated it was working as intended. On those grounds I don't feel like a mystic RDT or 2 are asking for too much. I don't expect to get my AG and stones back which I'm fine with but the rank resources should be refunded just as the mastery resources are being
    All things like this does is cause more people in alliances to refuse to rank defenders for the betterment of their alliance. If after some time kabam is just going to change their effectiveness, why would someone waste those resources? People are already hesitant enough with ranking defenders as is
    They already introduced blade to counter all the mystic defenders and now they want to reduce their value even more. I feel it just sets a dangerous precedent if they're allowed to do this every so often while not allowing people to change their minds after a change. If the affected champs were still so viable as they claim, they wouldn't have to worry about issuing at least one mystic RDT as people wouldn't even use them
    edited September 2018
    Is there a post by a Kabam member stating that MD was bugged? I don’t recall seeing one.

Edit: found it.

2nd edit, no that wasn’t it. That was in reference to another thing.

I still can’t see where they called MD interaction a bug.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    Its huge change on who we ranked for defenders and attackers.

My point was how they worded it to create their own loop hole to divert the rank down fix...

Yes for years and we've played the game based on current value.

To say its a bug and not a direct effect is their way of making ppl stick to their rank picks....I think in a lot of cases we should be stuck with who we rank.... But for years we've done what appeased MD for both defenders \attackers and counters....

I love the change but for them not to see the impact is just like them.
    @Liss_Bliss_

I'll have to check again. You got me wondering now
    @nuggz

If you are talking about this post.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/551480/#Comment_551480

That person is not quoting about MD. It’s inna ghread about the AA change. It’s 100% out of context.

It is posted here

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/419678/#Comment_419678

Dated May 30th.

That’s the only thing I can find. And I went through that entire MD change thread CTRL+F on every page looking for “bug” in orange letters and that’s all I saw. A miss quote by someone to try and deceive the community.
    nuggz wrote: »
    Its huge change on who we ranked for defenders and attackers.

My point was how they worded it to create their own loop hole to divert the rank down fix...

The way I look at it, is that since it’s a class mastery change not a champion skill change it doesn’t fall under the scope of RTD. Yes it affects champions but it’s not like it is changing how Magik procs her limbo. Or how Mephistopheles heals with his charges, or how Guilly Heal reverses.

Yeah the change does have sweeping changes, but everyone is so focused on THEIR defenders they are not seeing how it changes it for them ATTACKING mystics.
    @Liss_Bliss_

I was more refering to the chat in general discussion about upcoming MD Dex changes.

I'm still looking. Tho. But what I was reading in reference to rdt was the dormamu talk. For some reason the conversation got changed or manipluted to that for what only seems like a diversion to me
    But I think the question to ask is, would they be used to fix your roster to keep up with changes, or to fix a personal rank mistake. Not really s specific rdt but an exclusion rdt.... Exclude champs that the rdt could be used on.

Ex. can't use on champs that in no way are relevant to the change, like Captain marvel.... Or storm.... Etc....
  • edited September 2018
    Hi guys,

Lots of misinformation flying around here. We never said that we are considering this a bug, no did we say we're definitely not giving Rank Down Tickets. If you take a moment to read the FAQ posted here, you'll find your answer!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/551420/#Comment_551420
This discussion has been closed.