**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to use 4* Awakening Gem on?

Have a 4* generic awakening gem and not sure who I should use it on. Deciding between Wolverine, SL, or DV. All are R4. I'm close to being able to take a mutant to R5, so strongly considering Wolverine, but awakening helps SL and DV so much. Any advice?

Comments

• GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Star Lord if you're planning to do RoL or LoL
    Daredevil is a good evader, but needs high sig level
    Wolverine is an awesome healing champion, but still good when unduped

So your choice either Daredevil or Star Lord
  • Henrytfu_41Henrytfu_41 Posts: 70
    Hi Gunzo, thx for the feedback. I'm actually considering Doctor Voodoo, not Daredevil. How much does Wolverine's healing increase when he's duped?
  • solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    Star lord is not just for Rol and Lol. He deals some heavy damage if you're a good player. I would definitely go for Star lord.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I'd go Wolverine. Invest in the champs you're ranking up. SL has a lot of uses, but Wolverine's regen increases a great deal when awakened. He will quickly become your main guy for AQ and general questing, if he hasn't already done so.

I actually think your second choice is DV. He's incredible.

I think it's a toss up between the two of those champs, but since you're looking to r5 Wolverine, i think that's your answer. The only way you might change that is if you're looking for prestige. Wolverine's is bad, Voodoo's is great. So if that matters, Voodoo is a better option.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    I'd go Wolverine. Invest in the champs you're ranking up. SL has a lot of uses, but Wolverine's regen increases a great deal when awakened. He will quickly become your main guy for AQ and general questing, if he hasn't already done so.

I actually think your second choice is DV. He's incredible.

I think it's a toss up between the two of those champs, but since you're looking to r5 Wolverine, i think that's your answer. The only way you might change that is if you're looking for prestige. Wolverine's is bad, Voodoo's is great. So if that matters, Voodoo is a better option.

Wolverine is primarily a lane cleared on harder maps, you need better champs to take down minibosses. SL or Voodoo would give him that functionality at least. Plus for war I think SL is a better option for bosskilling too.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

Wolverine is primarily a lane cleared on harder maps, you need better champs to take down minibosses. SL or Voodoo would give him that functionality at least. Plus for war I think SL is a better option for bosskilling too.

This might be true, but not if Wolverine is r5 and SL is r4. In that case. Wolverine is better. And give me Wolverine in a long fight. He has a lot more forgiveness than SL. Regen is a nice crutch.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »

This might be true, but not if Wolverine is r5 and SL is r4. In that case. Wolverine is better. And give me Wolverine in a long fight. He has a lot more forgiveness than SL. Regen is a nice crutch.

He still regens pretty well as a 4/40 and you improve your stance as a bosskiller having the r5 SL. And you avoid having long fights when you have a duped SL.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    It really depends on what role you have and what your goals are.

Are you a boss killer or aspiring to be? Then SL.

Are you a lane clearer? Then Wolverine.

Do you want the flexibility of both? Then DV.

Some cons for each of them:
    Wolverine can do well against bosses as someone mentioned earlier, but a lot of those nodes might have heal block so his regen goes out to window. And the AQ boss, Dorm, is bleed immune. Also, you can't fight Cable with Wolverine (if you're running map 5) or you'll get degen'd.

But with SL, you need to keep up your combo meter. So as someone mentioned, Wolverine is more forgiving, but with SL, you need to be more exact and patient with your fighting b/c you can't get hit.

DV is very versatile and can be effective even against poison immune champs b/c his power management is also effective. He also gets a little bit of regen. My thing against DV is his evade. It was supposed to be fixed, but in my experience, it has been either unresponsive or simply too short. I get clipped a lot, which can turn into fatal combos.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Have a 4* generic awakening gem and not sure who I should use it on. Deciding between Wolverine, SL, or DV. All are R4. I'm close to being able to take a mutant to R5, so strongly considering Wolverine, but awakening helps SL and DV so much. Any advice?

Best advice I can give you is get 2 more awakening gems.
  • DarkArrow07DarkArrow07 Posts: 109
    Awaken Wolverine and get him ranked up. You wont regret it.
    thanks everyone for the advice. good tips. I have a 4* crystal I'm opening tonight...hoping I can dupe one of the champs I'm considering to make the decision easier. Lol.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Hi Gunzo, thx for the feedback. I'm actually considering Doctor Voodoo, not Daredevil. How much does Wolverine's healing increase when he's duped?

Well, then Doctor Voodoo in my opinion, I waited for ages for an awakening gem for my Voodoo :'(
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Wolvy and Star Lord are, in my opinion, the two best in the game. I don't know who to go with there. Pick one of those.
    well i opened my 4* crystal and duped my SW. so still need to decide between Voodoo and Wolverine. Should it make a difference that my top champ is Mystic now...maybe awaken a different class?
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    well i opened my 4* crystal and duped my SW. so still need to decide between Voodoo and Wolverine. Should it make a difference that my top champ is Mystic now...maybe awaken a different class?

Go Wolverine. VooDoo is good, but Wolverine can last for any fight, and is forgiving for your screw-ups.
  • Mr_TunizMr_Tuniz Posts: 8
    for me it is a no brainer if you consider Wolverine, Dr. Voodoo or Star lord.
    Defo Dr. Voodoo i suggest.

Good voor AQ, AW, Questing, Prestige, Start Healing, Power burn/drain.

SL 4* is possible for Lol and Rol (Rol you can do with many champs), but would wait incase you will dupe him or get a 5*
    Wolverine is a real baddass awakend (around Lv50 and more) his regen is very nice but Dr. Voodoo will have my priority.

Good luck mate.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I have to agree with @Thawnim and @thanks4playing . Personally I would still choose Wolverine though. He's just my favorite champ.
    I have to agree with @Thawnim and @thanks4playing . Personally though I would still rank up Wolverine. He's my favorite champ.
    I have to agree with @Thawnim and @thanks4playing . Personally I would still choose Wolverine though. He's just my favorite champ.
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    edited July 2017
    So long story short. You just recived lots of advice that from Wolvie, SL or DrV you should awake Wolvie, SL or DrV :smiley:
    Hope that'll help :smiley:
  • GonosuGonosu Posts: 2
    I think Wolvie is great and also SL. Voodoo is the best mystic and one of the best. They are all great champs but if you would need to awaken just one, if I were you, I would pick either Wolvie, or SL (who is great awaken) but Voodoo awaken is a big plus.

Hope it helped.
    Have a good one
    I just watched some vids on how to use DV well and he's pretty amazing. Seems like there's a bigger learning curve with DV, but he's incredible when you master him. leaning towards DV now.
  • HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43
    I have wolverine lvl 99, only 4/40 but he regen crazy + bleed, SL i miss him, OG DD also lvl 99 4/40, he evades every special(projectiles) + block profeciency. For me I would awaken SL, but depends on your playing skills, if you can manage to put 100 hits or not.
  • Shadow16Shadow16 Posts: 3
    I think a good one would be Iceman-Mutant, Gwenpool-Skill, Spider Man-Science, Voodoo-Mystic, Venompool-Cosmic, and Spidey Homecoming or Ultron-Tech
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I hear a lot of people rave about how solid Starlord can be if awakened. The biggest issue is that he is only really good if you're able to build legit hit streaks. If you can't, then I would consider him an average champ at best.

I've been using his 3* quite a bit to learn how to build streaks and have generated some decent damage, but then one slip and he's back to "meh."

Unfortunately I don't have any of these as a 4* so can't speak towards their higher level abilities.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited July 2017
    This is true - but even if you're completed say, Act 4, which is when you will start to rely on specific champs, you should be able to build a combo between 20-50 pretty easily, unless you're facing an unfamiliar champ.

Let's say you manage to get a 20 hit combo down with your 4* SL r99, which adds around 50 damage per extra hit. You've added an addtional 1000 damage after your 20 hit, and in the meantime you've added 9500 over the course of that combo, so you've added 10500 on top of your damage for a 20 hit combo - that's nothing to sneeze at.

If you can't manage at least a 20 hit combo, though, he's not that beneficial - but you don't have to be able to string hundreds together to get use out of him.
  • Smiley100Smiley100 Posts: 19
    Use it on voodoo. Higher prestige. and he also has spirit venom, power burn, power drain, and power steal.
  • FuzzylumpsFuzzylumps Posts: 116
    SL all the way everyday. Even in the Webslinger event he is a beast. Use him for Act 5 / Road / RoL / LoL (with a lot of units)

He is solid. Overall one of the most used chaps in the Contest
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    No way! STARLORD is the only reasonable choice!
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    DV. All. Day.

Coming from someone that has all 3 duped.