**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Helmets are key

sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
edited September 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Emma frost got added to the game today and oh boy she seems to have a lot of abilities that make her a good defender. But during her specials, she supposedly "mind controls" the opponent, or at least messes with their head, resulting in a control reversal.
However, can this affect anyone? Here is where i present an idea (i hope its not already in the game, sorry if it is). Some champions should be immune to that kind of mind control. Specifically, Im talking about magneto and juggernaut, who exclusively wear their helmets in order to not be affected by mind control abilities like these. So basically, i propose that juggernaut and magneto should be immune not to all control reversals, but at least to the one emma frost inflicts.
This will still make emma extremely painful to fight against, while at the same time it will "buff" some of the oldest champions of the game, giving them an immunity that by definition they should have. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Forgot about unstoppable colossus, thanks for the reminder. If anyone knows if they said anything like that please post the link to that thread. Thanks
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Emma frost got added to the game today and oh boy she seems to have a lot of abilities that make her a good defender. But during her specials, she supposedly "mind controls" the opponent, or at least messes with their head, resulting in a control reversal.
    However, can this affect anyone? Here is where i present an idea (i hope its not already in the game, sorry if it is). Some champions should be immune to that kind of mind control. Specifically, Im talking about magneto and juggernaut, who exclusively wear their helmets in order to not be affected by mind control abilities like these. So basically, i propose that juggernaut and magneto should be immune not to all control reversals, but at least to the one emma frost inflicts.
    This will still make emma extremely painful to fight against, while at the same time it will "buff" some of the oldest champions of the game, giving them an immunity that by definition they should have. What are your thoughts?

They confirmed that they were already doing this but I can't remember if it's an ability or a synergy.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

They confirmed that they were already doing this but I can't remember if it's an ability or a synergy.

Honestly it makes no sense for it to be a synergy. Each one of those champions should be immune to telepathic abilities just by himself. But whatever, I'm glad that the developers thought of it.
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    @Themis_xwsths @Verzz The post you're looking for is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/554235/#Comment_554235

It says they'll call it out in her Spotlight, but that hasn't been posted yet
    bpunk88 wrote: »
    @Themis_xwsths @Verzz The post you're looking for is here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/554235/#Comment_554235

It says they'll call it out in her Spotlight, but that hasn't been posted yet

Thanks a lot man! If anyone has tried to fight against her with either juggernaut, magneto or unstoppable colossus and has a video showing to what extend the immunity goes, it would be appreciated if you posted it (just out of curiosity).
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    then it should also be added psylocke full immunity and maybe phoenix in at least some decrease if not
  • Zarnof97Zarnof97 Posts: 9
    I feel like Robot characters like the Ultrons and the Sentinels should be immune as well. No brain = no mind control.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    kraioszero wrote: »
    then it should also be added psylocke full immunity and maybe phoenix in at least some decrease if not

Genuinely curious, why psylocke? Not much of an x-men buff, so I have no clue why she’d be immune to it
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    They should have expanded this to Robots for obvious reasons. Phoenix cuz well, good luck getting into her mind. Sentry is the strongest telepath when he's not being a b****.
    Well, I'm glad they even thought to exclude juggernaut, magneto and uc. My 6star juggernaut made the fight longer but easier...
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    kraioszero wrote: »

Genuinely curious, why psylocke? Not much of an x-men buff, so I have no clue why she’d be immune to it

Mmmmm.... (Psy)locke ....
    just take a quick look at her powers ...