**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why change some of the zeros?

jsww4ho6htxw.jpeg
So why have some zeros been changed but some other zeros are the same?
This seems like a pretty pointless change, and it’s honestly just more confusing to have 2 different zeros.

Comments

• MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    Probably a font change to coincide with the name changes that are going to take place on the 10th.
  • lol. Ok, so. I get that we like to complain. Hey I’m all about reading and contributing to a sh:t storm over game issues, and terrible customer service. But I think this one has gone a bit too far lol. Complaining about the zeros? 😂🤣
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I don’t mind that they changed it, I’ll get used to it. But i have ocd and it bothers me that they are using 2 completely different zeros
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    jsww4ho6htxw.jpeg
    So why have some zeros been changed but some other zeros are the same?
    This seems like a pretty pointless change, and it’s honestly just more confusing to have 2 different zeros.

Not gonna lie. I can’t tell the difference.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Ugh I don’t like the 🚫 type zeros. It just irks me. I liked he ones with an empty circle

But as someobody up there said, there are bigger problems to deal with.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    This is not on, you guys change something that's is had an impact on all my champs. Now you've changed the font on the numbers my champs have been nerfed, they are no longer like they were before 20.0

We demand rank down tickets this blatant nerf
  • Jaffacaked wrote: »
    This is not on, you guys change something that's is had an impact on all my champs. Now you've changed the font on the numbers my champs have been nerfed, they are no longer like they were before 20.0

Would you like the rank down ticket to rank down your zeroes to smaller zeroes, or would you like the rank down ticket to rank down your zeroes to negative one?
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

The only logical argument that I've heard to bring back rank down tickets.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Because they ran out of ideas so they thought changing font and adding a feature to mess with controls would be entertaining.
  • Hi all!

This change in font is intentional and part of our efforts to crack down on names that can be obfuscated in game.

From the name change announcement thread:

"With the ability to change names also comes the opportunity to obfuscate names. You may remember that we cracked down on this in the past, and our stance still stands. We have taken some steps to help prevent instances of this, such as changing how some of the characters display in game to set them apart from other characters that may look similar (like a lowercase L and an uppercase I). We also ask that if you run across a name that you feel is purposely trying to obfuscate their identity, that you report them. If it is deemed that a player is purposely obfuscating their name, their name will be reverted to an older name (if it is still available), and the Name Change Token will not be reimbursed."
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

This change in font is intentional and part of our efforts to crack down on names that can be obfuscated in game.

"With the ability to change names also comes the opportunity to obfuscate names. You may remember that we cracked down on this in the past, and our stance still stands. We have taken some steps to help prevent instances of this, such as changing how some of the characters display in game to set them apart from other characters that may look similar (like a lowercase L and an uppercase I). We also ask that if you run across a name that you feel is purposely trying to obfuscate their identity, that you report them. If it is deemed that a player is purposely obfuscating their name, their name will be reverted to an older name (if it is still available), and the Name Change Token will not be reimbursed."

Then can you please change all the zeros?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

Hmm doesn’t really explain why some zero’s are different now while others are the same. Are you telling us those percentages on map clearing is actually a Oh and not a zero...? 🤔
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    My guess would be that that font is not used in player's names, whereas the changed fonts are shared with the players.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Hi all!

Hmm doesn’t really explain why some zero’s are different now while others are the same. Are you telling us those percentages on map clearing is actually a Oh and not a zero...? 🤔

Probably because the font used for the player name is the same being used where you see the different zeros. The other areas like on the chapter percentages are a different font therefore might not need the change. But really, why are we concerned? Why is this a big deal at all?
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Would you like the rank down ticket to rank down your zeroes to smaller zeroes, or would you like the rank down ticket to rank down your zeroes to negative one?

Yes
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Hi all!

Probably because the font used for the player name is the same being used where you see the different zeros. The other areas like on the chapter percentages are a different font therefore might not need the change. But really, why are we concerned? Why is this a big deal at all?
    This is of the utmost priority. Why you are not freakin out as well is beyond me.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Hi all!

This is of the utmost priority. Why you are not freakin out as well is beyond me.

Thats my secret.... I'm always freaked out.
    Hi all!

Thats my secret.... I'm always freaked out.

Zero smash!
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hi all!

Hi all!

It's ok guys it's a bug fix, no rank down tickets needed.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    oh just realized! with the easier name change, the amount of barcode wars will just increase a lot
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    benshb wrote: »
    oh just realized! with the easier name change, the amount of barcode wars will just increase a lot

wrong, can't do that anymore. and you can only do it once ever so often. name has to go through a an approval process as well.