**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Danger Rooms

Comments

• EvilAsh wrote: »
    Is there seriously a bunch of people asking for a reason to use all of the weakest versions of the champs they have?....

So now instead of advancement you want us to rank garbage champs that will only be usable for this mode?

This doesn't make any sense at all, people at low levels of play have beginner and normal to play already. Having to rank and maintain low loevel bums just to keep up on high level rank up materials is backwards.....

We already earned our way passed having to play with worthless trash! That's half the reason that half the people i know sell them immediately. They simply shouldn't be punished after you made the game all about prestige and rank.

Another screw job and time eater, only 24 hours a day will ever suffice.

Ps. I never sell champs but think it's bs still

First of all, if you sell, that's your decision. Nobody "made the game" all about prestige and rank. That is a player decision, period. If they choose to sell, and later that decision comes back to haunt them, that is a 100% self-inflicted wound. This was a poor position years ago, but today it is completely impossible to justify the belief that the game somehow failed to warn people that selling champs risks not having them when they might be needed.

As to why this sort of thing is worth doing at all, that's actually a question of adding a new option to reward calculus. Right now, the developers set the rewards for a particular content while having to realize that players can generally bring almost anything into that content. That content is going to be far easier for someone bringing a team of 5/65s than someone bringing a team of 4/40s. In general, that's fine: that's the intrinsic progressional reward for having a larger and stronger roster. But it means that rewards always have to be set based on a high estimate of what players will bring to combat that content. With champion restrictions, the range of what players can bring to the content is much narrower, and that makes the difficulty range also narrower. The net effect of this is that the developers can set the rewards for content to be much better relative to mid-tier and lower players, because that content will have a much more similar level of difficulty across a larger swath of the playerbase.

So while some content will, in relative terms, continue to give better rewards for higher tier players (the rewards will be the same, but higher tier players will have a far easier time earning them if at all), other content can now have a more equal level of reward across the playerbase. This is an overall win for presenting different content options in the game. You wouldn't want all content to be overly restrictive, but allowing some of it to use champion requirements will add a component of nuance to the rewards players can earn in the game.
  • KaranaKarana Posts: 12
    Rewards are just pathetically so low to earn, could be better if kabam wanted
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Is there seriously a bunch of people asking for a reason to use all of the weakest versions of the champs they have?....

So now instead of advancement you want us to rank garbage champs that will only be usable for this mode?

This doesn't make any sense at all, people at low levels of play have beginner and normal to play already. Having to rank and maintain low loevel bums just to keep up on high level rank up materials is backwards.....

We already earned our way passed having to play with worthless trash! That's half the reason that half the people i know sell them immediately. They simply shouldn't be punished after you made the game all about prestige and rank.

Another screw job and time eater, only 24 hours a day will ever suffice.

Ps. I never sell champs but think it's bs still

Yes, if people spend time collecting hundreds of Champs, it's nice to use them.
  • You didn’t even fix the problems (overheating, lags and so on...), but you want to start a new event? 🤣
  • Looking forward to this event.. i hope it is as good as like last event of gwenpool goes to the movies.... fingers crossed😇
  • The rewards for catalysts are pretty good.... *looks at shards rewards and requirements*.... bruh, the shard rewards are very bad and also master difficulty 2 star? What in the world? We are skilled but might not be that much, kind of a joke for so little shards rewards, was hoping for more
  • Good idea to try and get us to use new champs but doesn’t actually address monotony or using same champs. Now people will just use 3* Blades instead of 5*. And AA Medusa GR Quake etc.

Maybe have it be champ specific? Have three champs a day each from a different class.

Can set it up like Dungeons where you go as far as you can with that champ. Collect shards like from dungeons that can be used to purchase items you want.

For example, first day it’s Hulk, War Machine, Cable. So you can enter each room with any star level of that champ. You can enter once with each star level. So if you have a 5* R4 Hulk you’ll go through a lot of levels the first time and get all your milestones. But if all you have are low ranks of 2* 3* and 4* War Machines then you’ll have to use all 3 possibly in order to achieve all milestones.

Or maybe you are super skilled and can achieve all the milestones needed with 3* max Cable and your 3/30 4* Cable.

But this would force people to learn new champs. How to use them. So we all aren’t using the same 10 champs for all the content. Maybe you only play with War Machine on this day but at least he’s useful one day every couple of months.

Also this wouldn’t make people feel like they are forced to rank 2*. People would rank up the highest version of each champ that they have.
  • No puedo esperar
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    I didn't see any mention of what the rewards will be in the solo and alliance event...? All that was mentioned were 'passes', but how many? To which difficulties?

Thanks!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Good idea to try and get us to use new champs but doesn’t actually address monotony or using same champs. Now people will just use 3* Blades instead of 5*. And AA Medusa GR Quake etc.

Maybe have it be champ specific? Have three champs a day each from a different class.

Can set it up like Dungeons where you go as far as you can with that champ. Collect shards like from dungeons that can be used to purchase items you want.

For example, first day it’s Hulk, War Machine, Cable. So you can enter each room with any star level of that champ. You can enter once with each star level. So if you have a 5* R4 Hulk you’ll go through a lot of levels the first time and get all your milestones. But if all you have are low ranks of 2* 3* and 4* War Machines then you’ll have to use all 3 possibly in order to achieve all milestones.

Or maybe you are super skilled and can achieve all the milestones needed with 3* max Cable and your 3/30 4* Cable.

But this would force people to learn new champs. How to use them. So we all aren’t using the same 10 champs for all the content. Maybe you only play with War Machine on this day but at least he’s useful one day every couple of months.

Also this wouldn’t make people feel like they are forced to rank 2*. People would rank up the highest version of each champ that they have.

Did you not see the part that says you only use science champs on day 1 or whatever lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    Actually each day you can only use one class. So they kind of are taking away being able to use certain champs minus one day
  • Wo wobcrazy
  • ron67mjrron67mjr Posts: 27
    Some of you can be so negative. If you sold your lowers 2 and 3 star champions, then that is on you. This is why you should have never sold off your champions in the first place. I thinks this wonderful that we will be able to utilize the lower champs instead of them collecting dust. Most of us don't have the time to use them in arena and play all of the multiple events. If you don't want to play then don't. This game is not designed to receive rewads and finish in a day or a week. We have to work for it. Instead of being negative you should appreciate the the producers providing this game and supplying us a means of enjoyment. If you don't want to play the event , then don't, but also don't complain. I have only been with this game for a little over a year and I love everything you have created kabam. To the haters , why don't you make a game and see just how difficult it is to make and create. Thank you kabam for giving us something to enjoy everyday for as long as you are around.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    What will the milestone rewards be for Alliance and Solo completion events?
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    edited September 2018
    What will the milestone rewards be for Alliance and Solo completion events?

Update 20.0 now live; the Danger Rooms start in 30 minutes. The 7-day Alliance completion event is showing up in the Coming Soon tab; 5 milestones total, each giving some shards as well as 3 Uncanny Passes for each of the 5 difficulties, from Beginner up to Epic. Top milestone is 1,900,000 for each week, which can be done if all 30 members put in on average about 9000 points per day all 7 days. Epic difficulty is worth 10k points so if everyone does that every day, you're good!
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    By far the most dull, boring, energy consuming event of the last 24 months. Absolutely terrible and can't find anything positive about them. Bad design, aster boss stronger and harder than epic.

Where's the sig stones and purchasable ingame awakening crystal at? game started to move up with t2a but yet you hold on both those and halve progression of most players. Those are side quests rewards we want. we already have shards from monthly, arena and war.
  • Serious serious lag issues with the new xmen quest and new danger rooms needs to be fixed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Fun so far. It's nice to use my lower Champs. It's also a good way to see how different Rarities interact.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    the filter is not like in the arena, you can't select champions from the synergies screen, because it gives me the 4 and 5 stars
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Fun for me, so far. I'm enjoying having a reason to use lower-tier champs.

I'm thinking the actual challenge isn't quite balanced right, though. This is my Heroic challenge, which was challenging:
    lw9bxlatnixw.png

This is my Epic challenge, which wasn't:
    rslx3dphb2ax.png

Shouldn't my Epic opponent have been a bit more buffed? Given the relative power of the champions I was able to bring in?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Cash grab... Congratulations, you have to rank up the crappy champions that you would never, under any circumstances use in any other game mode. So. Enough they are going to have requirements to use a tech champ against a lineup of Spiderman champions (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs). I'm sorry but this champion requirements thing is an awful idea and every single one of you that supports it now when they use it against you later to dig into your child's college fund remember, you were warned...

First of all, 3* and 2* don’t require cash to upgrade ... secondly u don’t need AAR necessarily to counter evade. Plenty of people use sparky against beefed up spiderman all the time ... might a good time to practice your skills more and cry less

I just used one example among many possible scenarios. A quest with a 100% posin path that you can only use skill champions on, skill has no poison immune champions also Karnak only has a resistance to it so how do you deal with that one? Where are the skills in that one hmmm? How about the rage paths where you have to have 5* or 6* champions to play and it's unavoidable to hit that 2.5% health cap? Just play the game against an unblockable champ the entire fight right? Surely You're skilled enough to do that and deal with any other buff placed on that path as well unless of course you need to brush up on your skills too.

This is a horrible idea not because of just 1 scenario but because of the obvious way it can be abused and before you say "oh well there will be rules" or "they will never try anything like that the community would riot" remember 12.0, 19.0, the diversity debacle, the awakened Iceman 6* and icepheonix etc... This is not a joke. As history has proven power is always abused especially when it comes to cash.

You all have been warned.

Black Widow.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Fun for me, so far. I'm enjoying having a reason to use lower-tier champs.

I'm thinking the actual challenge isn't quite balanced right, though. This is my Heroic challenge, which was challenging:
    lw9bxlatnixw.png

This is my Epic challenge, which wasn't:
    rslx3dphb2ax.png

Shouldn't my Epic opponent have been a bit more buffed? Given the relative power of the champions I was able to bring in?

I was confussed about that too. If we needed the 2* in there it would have been more fun/more of a challange. Right now it was autobattle central.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Good to use these forgotten champs.

But the difficulty is probably less than arena fights, which is a major downer for me.
  • CromCrom Posts: 27
    Still no update. Ugg
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    After doing the first day, this is meh. While the rewards are ok and it isn't hard, it's too time consuming. I have zero interest in spending resources on 2* to rank up champs I'll never, ever use outside of these rooms.

To each his own. It adds up and the milestones for the alliance can be easy to reach if everyone in the alliance pulls their weight.
  • Y is there so much lag with the new danger room updates
  • Hey Everybody,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on some refinements/fixes coming to Danger Rooms tomorrow. We're seeing a lot of feedback on the difficulty curve in Master and Epic. While we want to address the difficulty in Master, we also need to make a fix that will affect the difficulty of Epic as well. These changes will take effect tomorrow:

- Reducing the Champion Boost on the Boss of Master Difficulty from 150% to 100%.
    - Increasing the Champion Boost on Epic from 200% to 400%, and enabling a global "WARNING" Buff for the quest.

The Boss in Epic was intended to be a 4-Star Champion, however, do to a limitation, we are not able to have a different Rarity Champion as the boss in the Epic difficulty level. To compensate for this, we are boosting the Node Buffs on the Epic Boss to bring it more in line with a 4-Star 5/50 Champion. This will make it more difficult, but will bring it in line with the Difficulty that it was intended to be.

Additionally, we're rearranging the schedule of the Danger Rooms to match the Daily Quests. This way, if you need to pick up a Catalyst or 2 to take your Champion to the Next Rank to tackle the Danger Room, you'll be able to do so that same day.

This means the new Schedule is:
    Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Hero (Use Hero Champions)
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

Thank you all for your feedback on our first day of Danger Rooms!