**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Danger Rooms Discussion [Merged Threads]

1235»

Comments

• Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Only complaint is the energy is a bit much. Master is way harder than Epic but whatever. I beat epic with 1 max Luke Cage and did not clear master yet with 5 max 2* including Hulk, Wasp and YJ
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DanielRand wrote: »

Yes. We don't even have to Fight.

Yes. We don't even have to Fight. They can just send us the Rewards in our Inbox.

As someone who often complains about others twisting their words don't play the same game with me. Many if not most of these types of events have had more reasonable energy costs associated. This is not one of them.

It's entirely reasonable. There are a couple Fights, the difficulty is not insurmountable, and a minimal cost of Energy per difficulty. If you're trying to do it all at once, it'll probably add up, yes. It's not going to come for free.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Are these going to follow suit with class daily events?
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    Are these going to follow suit with class daily events?

That's what I'm assuming. That way we will have an opportunity to Rank as we go along.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    d91m8qqwhgg3.jpg
    6vsyqjmycmu2.jpg
    I cleared everything in those rooms with a 3 star quake and 2 star, I didn't spend one penny getting any of these champs.
  • DanielRand wrote: »

Yes. We don't even have to Fight. They can just send us the Rewards in our Inbox.

As someone who often complains about others twisting their words don't play the same game with me. Many if not most of these types of events have had more reasonable energy costs associated. This is not one of them.

It's entirely reasonable. There are a couple Fights, the difficulty is not insurmountable, and a minimal cost of Energy per difficulty. If you're trying to do it all at once, it'll probably add up, yes. It's not going to come for free.

The energy costs are not huge, but they are definitely nowhere near "minimal." They are quite substantial for an event that is changing daily. Also, if the intent is to significantly level the playing field by using 2* and 3* restrictions, then the obvious intent is for the event to be broadly attractive to run by design. It is therefore less "optional" than an event with much higher scaling difficulty might be, in the context of judging energy costs specifically.
    edited September 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The energy costs are not huge, but they are definitely nowhere near "minimal." They are quite substantial for an event that is changing daily. Also, if the intent is to significantly level the playing field by using 2* and 3* restrictions, then the obvious intent is for the event to be broadly attractive to run by design. It is therefore less "optional" than an event with much higher scaling difficulty might be, in the context of judging energy costs specifically.

I think it has more to do with the Rewards cumulatively than the fact that we're using 2 and 3*s. The normal assumption seems to be that if we're using lower Rarities, Energy needs to be lower. It's just like any other side-content. Energy varies. To be honest, I just don't find it to be that taxing. I've seen longer. There seems to be a push to do them all, and that's what makes it seem alot.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

I think it has more to do with the Rewards cumulatively than the fact that we're using 2 and 3*s. The normal assumption seems to be that if we're using lower Rarities, Energy needs to be lower. It's just like any other side-content. Energy varies. To be honest, I just don't find it to be that taxing. I've seen longer. There seems to be a push to do them all, and that's what makes it seem alot.

I think what I'm saying has more to do with what I'm saying.
    edited September 2018

I understand what you said. I just don't think they're substantial. You have to consider the trade-off for that amount of Energy. Take Epic, for example. Add the total Energy, and the total Rewards incurred from doing it everyday, and it's proportionate. I respect your view. I just disagree that it's substantial is all.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    To be honest I'd like the idea of 2* or 3* challenge, it's a good way to use all our roster and useless characters. What I don't like is this is one time only so basically they are just (trying to) forcing us to spend resources. Guarantee future events and you'll have my "like".
    Badrose wrote: »
    To be honest I'd like the idea of 2* or 3* challenge, it's a good way to use all our roster and useless characters. What I don't like is this is one time only so basically they are just (trying to) forcing us to spend resources. Guarantee future events and you'll have my "like".

I believe that's the idea. As per the Announcement, we'll be seeing more like this.

I understand what you said. I just don't think they're substantial. You have to consider the trade-off for that amount of Energy. Take Epic, for example. Add the total Energy, and the total Rewards incurred from doing it everyday, and it's proportionate. I respect your view. I just disagree that it's substantial is all.

To clarify, I don't mean to come off as contradictory or trite. I just don't see it as alot personally. For me, the EQ is what takes my Energy every month, and when that's done, I find I have weeks of Energy just sitting there while I Grind. Unless I unload it on Storymode Exploration once in a while, or need Cats for Ranking. Just coming from my own personal place.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I like it. The energy may be a bit much but it's fun using champs you normally wouldn't and seeing how well they perform in a boss fight. The difficulty isn't bad at all compared to other modes in game either.
  • ChubzChubz Posts: 115
    Danger Rooms..... are TRASH!!
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    I like it. The energy may be a bit much but it's fun using champs you normally wouldn't and seeing how well they perform in a boss fight. The difficulty isn't bad at all compared to other modes in game either.

For me, I like seeing how the Rarities interact with each other. I haven't used my 2*s much at all, especially after 12.0, so I get to see the effects.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    It took over twice the amount of hits and time to kill the master boss than the epic, this can't be intended and points to another untested content release by Kabam.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Master shouldn't be harder than Epic should it? It's probably a glitch but I hope it gets fixed soon. The master fight was way harder than it should've been
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    If they do change it, I hope they bumb up the difficulty in epic, master is fine the way it is, none of it was hard. With waxed out 2 star it was like any other boss fight. I got 150 5 star shards in just a few minutes.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    This is nuts..I'm assuming the boss from epic being the same as master was a mistake..
    Doesn't matter, the energy cost and rewards are a pretty bad deal. For completing both epic and master you get 150 5* shards. This is exactly half of what we got from trials of mad titan, etc.. Doubt I will participate in this.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I thought it was fun. Did master and epic. Don't see any point in running the others.
  • sha2356__sha2356__ Posts: 82
    The difficulty is not really worth the rewards. Big let down after gwenpool event. Like, could we have some consistency in terms of these events? Because as of now I am going from enjoying the event last month and being so eager to do it, to having no interest after 1 day.

This is not good Kabam.

Oh. And the rewards for downs werent enough.
  • ZADO1991ZADO1991 Posts: 109
    It took some time...but not hard
  • edited September 2018
    Hey Everybody,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on some refinements/fixes coming to Danger Rooms tomorrow. We're seeing a lot of feedback on the difficulty curve in Master and Epic. While we want to address the difficulty in Master, we also need to make a fix that will affect the difficulty of Epic as well. These changes will take effect tomorrow:

- Reducing the Champion Boost on the Boss of Master Difficulty from 150% to 100%.
    - Increasing the Champion Boost on Epic from 200% to 400%, and enabling a global "WARNING" Buff for the quest.

The Boss in Epic was intended to be a 4-Star Champion, however, do to a limitation, we are not able to have a different Rarity Champion as the boss in the Epic difficulty level. To compensate for this, we are boosting the Node Buffs on the Epic Boss to bring it more in line with a 4-Star 5/50 Champion. This will make it more difficult, but will bring it in line with the Difficulty that it was intended to be.

Additionally, we're rearranging the schedule of the Danger Rooms to match the Daily Quests. This way, if you need to pick up a Catalyst or 2 to take your Champion to the Next Rank to tackle the Danger Room, you'll be able to do so that same day.

This means the new Schedule is:
    Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Hero (Use Hero Champions)
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

Additionally, we're going to be closing this thread down. Please continue this conversation in the official Discussion thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/92828/announcing-danger-rooms

Thank you all for your feedback on our first day of Danger Rooms
This discussion has been closed.