**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pacify vs Petrify mastery

Which and why do you propose is the most pivotal mastery. I have had 5/5 MD and with voodoo it seems too out of control with power so I have a free point. I usually run with 3/3 petrify and like the decreased power gain during stuns but am tossing around the idea of 1/3 Petrify and 3/3 Pacify. But not sure if pacify is worth it or not. Or I could just toss that extra point in glass cannon for 1/3. What are your thoughts. Much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    BerameBerame Posts: 1
    I have 1/3 at both Petrify & Pacify. 3/3 at glass cannon though. Imho, any boost to attack without suicides is desirable to help you ultimately clear content easier.
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Pacify is useless since it doesn't proc that often and its only active for the duration of the stun. I would rather max parry for extra block proficiency when parrying. That extra point in GC is a better option.
  • Options
    WrongswordWrongsword Posts: 39
    3/3 Pacify is an excellent mastery. I use it mostly to completely negate enemy evades from spider man, nightcrawler, etc when they are stunned. Lets you Parry, M-M combo them consistently. Especially combined with power drainers like hawkeye or vision it lets you have a lot of control over fights that would otherwise be difficult and subject to random badly timed evades.

Petrify I think is less useful, I used to have it at 3/3 but don't notice it much now that I have it at 1/3. It does help a little especially with reducing enemy power gain but overall you can probably find better places for your 2 points
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Pacify over petrify imo. I disagree with the statement "it doesnt proc often".

Pacify is all about timing. Succesful timing can negate limbo, regen on champs that proc at 50% and 25%, wm empty the clip, etc. If you know when an abilitu will proc via percentage of health or power meter filling, its very easy to use.

Its probably the single best way to work around magik on any node except immune nodes.

Best of luck in your decision! There isnt a wrong answer, just depends on play style.
  • Options
    Thank your for your comments. I've ran 1/3 willpower for a long time now and have seen a big shift from willpower due to its limited effectiveness, do you guys think it isn't worth it now? Also I'm seeing so many people shifting to 3/3 glass cannon as well. What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Get ríd of Willpower, it's causing you to invest too many useless points into the defensive mastery tree as is. Look into investing Into Assassin or Deep Wounds; or as you stated, GC is a cheaper option..
  • Options
    I currently have deep wounds and assassin maxed at 5/5 with MD at 5/5 as well. Just been trying to max out my mastery setup and not have wasted points. I have read many points willpower is a waste, definitely considering dropping it and maxing glass cannon.
  • Options
    DanikDanik Posts: 21
    Imo pacify and all utility mastery should be mxd...have to keep in mind each time you parry or stunn they all go to work ....Ipower gain health gain ability control all those things matter when fighting
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    edited February 2018
    1/3 on petrify is enough for me for the PI boost but I don't see a lot of usefulness to limit regen/power gain in it being so short. Won't help much vs. Hype/Mordo/Ultron.

@MEŦAPħҰS has it right: Pacify I max for the reasons he mentioned (limbo, regen, etc) having 30% chance not to proc. Very, very useful to limit defensive abilities when you didn't bring/use an ability reducer.
  • Options
    I should go for pacify then :|
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I have both all those utilities maxed good for all fights. Only defence is regen. Offence all good ones maxed but suicides