**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red: Possible Korg counter?

TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
7gqrrqc1do3n.png
This is Omega red's.
no4dubnixf4f.png
And this is korg's.
I haven't seen omega red's tentacle attacks yet but as long as there are tentacle attacks in his mediums, heavies and specials, he should be able to take little or no damage from thorns. What do you guys think? Does he counter korg?

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Could anyone with duped korg test this out?
    I'll test it out myself once i get korg from arena tomorrow and awaken him.
    edited September 2018
    Alright so this is what i know from fighting him:
    Heavy: all tentacle attacks, so no thorns
    Sp1: one normal hit, the rest are tentacle attacks, so thorns on 1 hit only.
    Sp2: all tentacle attacks.
    Sp3: not sure if sp3 triggers thorns but even if it does, all hits are tentacles.
    First Medium: tentacle attack, no thorns
    Light attacks: no tentacle attacks, but korg doesn't inflict thorns on light attacks

*These only apply if korg's thorns will actually be ignored by the tentacle attacks, which i haven't tested out yet.
    *Not 100% sure about all 4 light hits and 2nd medium yet.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    I've entertained the same thoughts. Best way I find of dealing with Korg is to stay as close as possible to remove the need for evade, bait the heavy, then use light hits

Omega Red has the additional ability of punishing champs who stays close to him with his Death Spores that lowers armor and purify chance, both of which Korg has with his Rock Shield. This, along with the degen from activated Death Spores, might make Korg easier to deal with
    It's as if he was made to deal with korg...
    Oh wait, that was probably kabam's intention to stop people from complaining about korg on defense.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Would only work if you get lucky on featured crystals or go hard in arena
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Shouldn’t Doc Oc get these tentacle buffs? The dude is an Octopus for Pete’s sake.

That's not a bad point. I can see the argument for still receiving shock damage, but thorns damage should be ineffective against Doc Ock's metal arms.
    Alright so this is what i know from fighting him:
    Heavy: all tentacle attacks, so no thorns
    Sp1: one normal hit, the rest are tentacle attacks, so thorns on 1 hit only.
    Sp2: all tentacle attacks.
    Sp3: not sure if sp3 triggers thorns but even if it does, all hits are tentacles.
    First Medium: tentacle attack, no thorns
    Light attacks: no tentacle attacks, but korg doesn't inflict thorns on light attacks

*These only apply if korg's thorns will actually be ignored by the tentacle attacks, which i haven't tested out yet.
    *Not 100% sure about all 4 light hits and 2nd medium yet.

Adding on to this after testing, either his second medium or 4th light is a tentacle attack
    edited September 2018
    It's as if he was made to deal with korg...
    Oh wait, that was probably kabam's intention to stop people from complaining about korg on defense.

Omega Red(September) counters Korg(August).
    Korg(August) counters Wasp(July).
    Heimdall(August) counters IMIW(May).
    It seems every new defender champ is countered within a month or more. So no need to complain or worry about Emma Frost guys, she will be countered by one of next month's symbiotes :lol: