**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Danger Rooms

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Hey Everybody,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on some refinements/fixes coming to Danger Rooms tomorrow. We're seeing a lot of feedback on the difficulty curve in Master and Epic. While we want to address the difficulty in Master, we also need to make a fix that will affect the difficulty of Epic as well. These changes will take effect tomorrow:

- Reducing the Champion Boost on the Boss of Master Difficulty from 150% to 100%.
    - Increasing the Champion Boost on Epic from 200% to 400%, and enabling a global "WARNING" Buff for the quest.

The Boss in Epic was intended to be a 4-Star Champion, however, do to a limitation, we are not able to have a different Rarity Champion as the boss in the Epic difficulty level. To compensate for this, we are boosting the Node Buffs on the Epic Boss to bring it more in line with a 4-Star 5/50 Champion. This will make it more difficult, but will bring it in line with the Difficulty that it was intended to be.

Additionally, we're rearranging the schedule of the Danger Rooms to match the Daily Quests. This way, if you need to pick up a Catalyst or 2 to take your Champion to the Next Rank to tackle the Danger Room, you'll be able to do so that same day.

This means the new Schedule is:
    Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Hero (Use Hero Champions)
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

Thank you all for your feedback on our first day of Danger Rooms!

Thanks Miike. Hoping Epic isn't too cray cray. :)
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Epic difficulty was fine. It was master difficulty that was like scaled way out of proportion in my opinion. A max 2* facing a Max 3* with a class disadvantage, is roughly 800ish pi value 3500 ish pi. The difference is like way too much. Besides, since the rewards are very stingy, the challenge honestly shouldn't be too difficult if you want people to play them, unless you want to buff the rewards to a degree that is worth taking up the challenge.

To emphasize again, if you want us to challenge a 3* with the power of a 4* 5/50 as you intended, you need to bring up the rewards to make them worth doing
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on some refinements/fixes coming to Danger Rooms tomorrow. We're seeing a lot of feedback on the difficulty curve in Master and Epic. While we want to address the difficulty in Master, we also need to make a fix that will affect the difficulty of Epic as well. These changes will take effect tomorrow:

- Reducing the Champion Boost on the Boss of Master Difficulty from 150% to 100%.
    - Increasing the Champion Boost on Epic from 200% to 400%, and enabling a global "WARNING" Buff for the quest.

The Boss in Epic was intended to be a 4-Star Champion, however, do to a limitation, we are not able to have a different Rarity Champion as the boss in the Epic difficulty level. To compensate for this, we are boosting the Node Buffs on the Epic Boss to bring it more in line with a 4-Star 5/50 Champion. This will make it more difficult, but will bring it in line with the Difficulty that it was intended to be.

Additionally, we're rearranging the schedule of the Danger Rooms to match the Daily Quests. This way, if you need to pick up a Catalyst or 2 to take your Champion to the Next Rank to tackle the Danger Room, you'll be able to do so that same day.

Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

So now the rewards for epic aren't worth while, you turned the complaint on its head, we weren't saying epic was too easy compared to master, we were saying master is too difficult for the rewards.

Seriously do you guys ever test anything?

I'm dreading the season 5 AQ release.

Epic wasn’t very epic. Master was fun.
    Hey Everybody,

Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

So now the rewards for epic aren't worth while, you turned the complaint on its head, we weren't saying epic was too easy compared to master, we were saying master is too difficult for the rewards.

I agree. However, I'm a bit apprehensive about Epic now. Guess we'll see tomorrow. Lol.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Hey Everybody,

Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

Epic GGTTM wasn't very epic either but everyone happy to take much better rewards.
  • nice rework :-)
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Hey Everybody,

Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

What about feedback regarding rewards? Ignored?
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    Epic difficulty was fine. It was master difficulty that was like scaled way out of proportion in my opinion. A max 2* facing a Max 3* with a class disadvantage, is roughly 800ish pi value 3500 ish pi. The difference is like way too much. Besides, since the rewards are very stingy, the challenge honestly shouldn't be too difficult if you want people to play them, unless you want to buff the rewards to a degree that is worth taking up the challenge.

To emphasize again, if you want us to challenge a 3* with the power of a 4* 5/50 as you intended, you need to bring up the rewards to make them worth doing

Yes, definitely. Epic was achievable but Master's scaling was complete balls
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Epic difficulty was really easy and even now with buffed boss, it won't be very hard at all.

Those of us who like to max every 3* for solo class advancement events probably won't have much problems with it, as maxed out god tier 3* stars champs still kick the hell out of maxed 4* champs. Blade, GP, Starlord, Archangel, Iceman, Hyperion, Void, Medusa, Dr.Voodoo... can deal with any 4* without much problems.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    200% boost to 400% boost... Not sure how I fell about that... Guess I will know after today.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    For a long time I've been planning on switching alliances today after summoner advancement ends, but will that mess up my ability to participate in the Danger Room Alliance Event in the new alliance I join?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    There's a fine line between fun and a hassle. Kabam almost never gets on the right side of that line.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I didn't feel changes were needed myself, but I also can't really say I mind them.
    How often do you quest where the opponent is a fair bit higher? It's a challenge, meant to not be easy.
    And the rewards will add up over a month. I'm sure many (most) will disagree, but I'm still as okay as I was to begin with with this event.
    Bapoi wrote: »
    I didn't feel changes were needed myself, but I also can't really say I mind them.
    How often do you quest where the opponent is a fair bit higher? It's a challenge, meant to not be easy.
    And the rewards will add up over a month. I'm sure many (most) will disagree, but I'm still as okay as I was to begin with with this event.

Honestly my biggest complaint about this event after playing it is the energy cost. I was relieved to see it was only a few fights, but with the energy cost I can see it really delaying my completion of the monthly EQ. I feel like 1 energy per step would have been a whole lot better.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Bapoi wrote: »

Honestly my biggest complaint about this event after playing it is the energy cost. I was relieved to see it was only a few fights, but with the energy cost I can see it really delaying my completion of the monthly EQ. I feel like 1 energy per step would have been a whole lot better.

This is my biggest issue as well. 18 energy for 3 fights? Ugh, Kabam. Make it one energy a tile or better yet free.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Hey Everybody,

Science
    Mystic
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Mutant
    Skill + Uncanny

Maybe I am salty because I pulled a 6* JF from a featured crystal yesterday after saving for nearly 3 months.

but...
    the complaints were that master was too difficulty for the rewards.
    Epic was fine.
    So then, you increase the difficulty of Epic to make it more in line with master.
    Epic fail. I am not doing this nonsense everyday for not even a full 5* by the end of the month.
    (of which will end up being some garbage champ I don't want anyway)
    Hard pass.

• SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    Meh. Glad I sold the 2*s from Gwen goes to the movies. Rewards for this don’t seem worth it. Blew through Beginner for the other event, seems like a better use of resources.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Bad event, if you guys wanna makes 2* 3* usable just make 2* aw 3* aw in that way it might be really good
  • Champ requirements is what made marvel strike force the dumpster fire it is now. You thought it was a good idea to copy that formula? What’s the plan 6 months from now there will be 5-6* requirements that next to nobody can attain without spending.
    It's Class Requirements so far. For that matter, there have been a couple Champs required throughout Storymode. It's a fun Event that allows us to use our 2 and 3*s for once. Not that foreboding.
  • Bonze9Bonze9 Posts: 73
    edited September 2018
    Just gonna leave this out there. Did the new gifted danger rooms. 36ish total energy for 150 5* shards and some other goodies. Energy to reward output is starting to look better and I steam rolled both quest without drama. I took screen recordings of both boss fights for anyone that’s a nonbeliever lol.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    edited September 2018
    4td5b202lfdy.jpg
    ob5tvr8vu9tp.jpg

Here are the bosses for epic and master, neither were very difficult. I got 150 5 star shards and some other items for less than 5 minutes of playing. These quest are fun, I hope we get more like these in the future. Plus we have the alliance completion rewards, we are getting rewards for not doing much, the best part is anyone can do them.
    Much mote proportionate today. I heard 400% last night and was concerned, but it's not that bad.
    edited September 2018
    The last thing that needs changed I think is the energy requirements... No way should it be 18 energy to run the quest. If you are running all of them it takes a large chunk of energy away that you would normally be using on EQ. Makes it difficult for those of us who can only go through their energy a couple times a day. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if the team took this into consideration @Kabam Miike

Still not saying this is my favorite event ever... I really wish the rewards were slightly more for the effort we put in, but I guess you can't have everything... At least they are not the mindless black hole that Modok's lab or merc missions were.
  • Werewrym wrote: »
    The last thing that needs changed I think is the energy requirements... No way should it be 18 energy to run the quest. If you are running all of them it takes a large chunk of energy away that you would normally be using on EQ. Makes it difficult for those of us who can only go through their energy a couple times a day. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if the team took this into consideration @Kabam Miike

Still not saying this is my favorite event ever... I really wish the rewards were slightly more for the effort we put in, but I guess you can't have everything... At least they are not the mindless black hole that Modok's lab or merc missions were.

I wouldn’t turn down lower energy cost but I’ve got to say this. Where else in the game can you get 150 5* shards, some t2a frags and some other decent rank up materials for only 36 moves? Daily....
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Not a serious issue, just an annoyance. During the Danger Rooms today, instead of auto selecting the highest pi character, it was taking whoever was at the top of the list. I don't know if the issue was there yesterday, as my highest pi was at the top yesterday.
  • Yup, Master was definitely doable today. Today was harder on Epic but definitely doable for even intermediate level players, as long as you have the champs.