**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom and Carnage

Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
They’re next! Now, let’s have a discussion. What does everyone think they’ll try to change?

Comments

• Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I'm happy as well and great timing too. I pulled my first 4* Venom out of a PHC last night. Maybe that means I'll be one of the BETA testers!
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Im really happy with them being reworked. I have Venom 5*, and since Im a average player, having those 5 10k shards wasted on him was painful, so I cant complain on them getting a decent buff. Im not having my hopes high to get them as a so called god-tier champs, but any buff is welcome now.
  • Hopefully more bleed and more use if the symbiote
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    At this time, no buff makes a difference. I needed Carnage buffed like 6 months ago.

Unless he becomes a potent attacker and not someone who's attack builds up in 3 minutes, I still don't see any reason to rank him up.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing some better bleed abilities for carnage, no clue for venom though, really hope I can get into the beta testing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Everything most likely... Those champs were pretty useless...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Venom should have chance to evade all champs he has had a symbiotic relationship with, and should also be able to cancel their ability to evade him.

He should also have a version of tenacity—the symbiote grants a decent amount of toughness and even healing to those bonded with it.

Dr. Zola
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    They weren't enitrely useless.. Well Venom isn't. Cabbage really needs a rework, I've not used him anywhere other than arena and even there reluctantly. Like his animations, but it just takes waaaaay too long to do any proper damage.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Considering how well they buffed luke cage and red hulk, these new buffs along with the two potential new venom movie characters next month could make for a killer team with all the synergies they might have.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    They weren't enitrely useless.. Well Venom isn't. Cabbage really needs a rework, I've not used him anywhere other than arena and even there reluctantly. Like his animations, but it just takes waaaaay too long to do any proper damage.

Well venom used to be useful in war like a year ago (that's the last time I touched mine anyways)... Carnage has been useless for pretty much his entire existence.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    If venom gets a better bleed damage he would be more valuable. I'm excited to see how they turn out. I do wish I could get more involved in the beta for 2 of my favorite comic characters.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’m hoping Carnage gets a stronger bleed and you don’t need a heavy to start his bleed chain. Also hopefully he gets an easier setup with buffs and a small amount of healing would be nice. Maybe he can heal a small amount if he’s in the proximity of a bleeding champ.
  • Carnage's potential buffs have already been datamined in the game files
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Venom I am guessing will be one of the best attackers after the buff since he is supposed to be straight up agressive so he could generate buffs but allow the player to have control over what he gets.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I got a 5* garbage and id like to see him turned into at least amazing tier. They did so well with red hulk and Luke cage, so I can't wait to see how they improve carnage and venom.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    cool, i recently duped my 5* venom
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Hopefully better than God tier... They do deserve as champs themselves. I also duped my 5* Venom so I've been waiting for this lol
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    so, carnage already has "power gain" flashing across the screen every hit i make. Is this the new change? Cause honestly, it really doesnt' do anything unless you stack a ton of bleed (which is tough to do). Didn't do this before... did Kabam mess up the beta already too cause I'm not in it.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    im very happy i have 5 star and 4 star carnage and a 4 star venom both dupd i will now be able to rank them up
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Be optimistic, folks!

Let's be honest, here: Anything that makes Carnage more fun and effective would be tremendous -- his animations are tremendous.

I honestly didn't see the need for a Venom buff, but hey. I am on board with ANY, I repeat ANY, older character getting a buff, because when you look at the power creep in the game, if I'm gonna choose between Domino or Venom being SUPER OP EFFECTIVE, it's at least gonna be the character with a long history in the source material
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Was he always like this? I rarely use him, just noticed it in arena after an ally mate pointed it out...
    bzfcu2jm6cu2.png
    8sk1ayl9nnns.png
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    That power gain is similar to blades power gain from bleed debuffs.

Also venom is getting this new buff for HIS new movie so it does make sense for him to be next and carnage well it obviously makes sense why he is getting a buff.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Hell, I only have a 4* Carnage, but if this change is effective and makes him viable, I might just rank him up for the hell of it. I don't really need another 4* at 5/50, but come on... it IS Carnage!
    Kletus Kasady needs to be the vilest of the bunch, just as he is in the comics.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too
  • this is it.. who's ready for a bloodbath ?? :|

#CarnageOnTheLoose >:)

now we just need a new update for the new update for lagging :D
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    They buffing venom probably bc film venom wont be op lol