**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Carnage thoughts....

SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I was thinking about some ideas for Carnage. I happen to have an awakened 5*. I was actually excited for the dupe knowing he was likely to get his deserved redesign.

What if he was the flip side to the Blade coin?

Meaning, he gained some sort of “murderous rage” buff when facing heroes. He could also acquire “Killing Spree” charges, gained for kills against heroes. These may increase his bleeds, or grant him certain reductions in heroes ability accuracy.

Perhaps he reduces the damage dealt by blades (the weapon) by 50%? Well, Blade does have blades, so in that respect he would be a Blade counter.

Could be a very unique counter to some champs.

Comments

• DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    i like the killng spree idea. for example, if you bring him to quests and kill most peeps with him, he builds up the killing spree, and it can increase bleed, attack and critical damage. if he hits 10 killing spree he can perhaps get an unstoppable buff? it could be pretty cool if you think about it.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I was thinking about some ideas for Carnage. I happen to have an awakened 5*. I was actually excited for the dupe knowing he was likely to get his deserved redesign.

Meaning, he gained some sort of “murderous rage” buff when facing heroes. He could also acquire “Killing Spree” charges, gained for kills against heroes. These may increase his bleeds, or grant him certain reductions in heroes ability accuracy.

Perhaps he reduces the damage dealt by blades (the weapon) by 50%? Well, Blade does have blades, so in that respect he would be a Blade counter.

I LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE, THIS

I love this kind of thinking -- I like for the villains to have equality like this in the game

It would be amazing to have a character, Carnage or whoever, who has that mechanic
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Thanks, man! It’s fun to brainstorm. His animations are so beautiful. He could have some awesome and truly unique abilities to match.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I like this. It's actually a viable Carnage fix.

Good job.
  • Operator2Operator2 Posts: 1

This is a amazing idea i hope this gets added in especially the killing spree idea maybe you should work on future characters instead of who ever Kabams got over there.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I could see that "murderous rage" mechanic being activated after specials, seen as his special animations look pretty murderous already.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I mean kabam very likely has everything decided already. They have had about a year to decide what they would do, and we all know they have been planning to release the buff around the time the venom movie comes out. I highly doubt any of the ideas we talk about will be considered by kabam, as they have already done all the “play testing” (hehe) on the new version they have created.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I just opened a 5* carnage, so the changes better be good lol
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I think in an interview Dorky Dave did with a designer, it was mentioned that the update would be just bringing him back up near where he was pre-release when they originally nerfed him because he was “too OP”. So I assume that’s what this will be. As cool as your ideas sound I doubt it will be anything nearly that dramatic. Probably just a rework of how his buffs activate, durations, bleed strength, simple stuff like that. But your ideas are wicked cool @KinkyWizard1 @DankestChef
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the kind words. It must be such a rad job designing these characters.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I was excited for the buff until I read this, now I'm sad that in all likelihood they didn't come up with the same idea as you. Too bad, that was a perfect idea for the character.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Nice ideas. Carnage would be pretty good with just simple stat buffs too tho.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    i just duped my 5* carnage today so if they buff him great i might have my first god tier champ. Also i got a 5* venom duped at rank 3/45
    How long did it take for Cage and Rulk to be updated after beta testing? Any ideas for a timeline here?
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    That is a cool idea. Do they work similar to persistent charges?
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 489 ★★
    I just want this bumped because how good of an idea it is and would love it if it happened.