**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, I’m not saying it’s rigged, but...

SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
Disclaimer, I have an awakened Blade, and I pulled 5* Stark Spidey and Killmonger from the cinematic crystals.

I decided to save for a couple weeks. Had 7 4 stars, 40 PHCs, etc. A nice little pile.

I’m opening my first 6* on Tuesday.

I was just thinking philosophically about this. I’ve been thinking for the last few days that there is no way I’m not pulling a Colossus, Falcon, or Groot if I open a featured 5*. This is not logical, but a gambler’s mind goes to these places.

I decided to go for it, and pulled....Groot. I calculated a 42% chance of being really happy with my pull, and 62.5% chance of being ok with it.

How many times have you thought to yourself, “I’m for sure pulling a Void or Medusa. I feel it.” And then you did?

On the contrary, how many times have you thought, “I’m going to get Groot’ed all over my face.” and then it happened?

I understand the odds, and I’m just attempting to be funny about the horrendous pull, but it certainly is interesting that you can debate about the odds and all that with yourself, and feel you will get the worst possible champ in the game, and then actually do. But, it is rarely the opposite.

Then again, I pulled a 5* Stark Spidey from the 20% legendary cinematic crystal. So, I know my brain is just playing tricks on me.

Huge swings.

My last few basic/featured pulls are

KK
OG Cap
Magneto
Groot

Mostly, I’m just bored. Ha. Tell me your bad beat stories.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Well, in my MCOC career I’ve pulled 8 5* HB and 7 of them were from featured 5*. Talk about a useless champ. At least Groot is bleed immune and gets fury and cruelty.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Well, in my MCOC career I’ve pulled 8 5* HB and 7 of them were from featured 5*. Talk about a useless champ. At least Groot is bleed immune and gets fury and cruelty.

Gross.

Who do you think I will pull from my 6*?

Hehe :-)
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    better then me. my recent 5*s were KG,OG Capt, Gulliotine, Kamala Khan (from featured :( ), and capt marvel
    better then me. my recent 5*s were KG,OG Capt, Gulliotine, Kamala Khan (from featured :( ), and capt marvel

Guilly is decent. I did get the 5* Sparky from the 20% crystal, and I’d certainly trade a few bad pulls for him. Took him to rank 4 unduped immediately. I guess featured Groot is my payment.
    nb09xukvei0r.png

This makes me happy. Can’t wait!
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

guilly is awesome!
    the only reason anyone potentially looks bad at her now is cus of void.
    she was the only one who could reverse regen... now void can too....
    she hits hard, crits alot, bleeds, reverses regen, all around amazing.....

OG cap is not a horrible pull... he is solid.... he can put in some work.....
    Capt Marvel used to be regarded as a LOL option cus of her attack increase with her power. not horrible pull but just meh IMO
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    42 + 62.5 = 104.5 percent chance to either be ok or really happy

Incorrect.

10 champs out of 24 would have made me really happy. 41.6 %. Six others would have been ok pulls. Add them together. 16 out of 24 pulls would have at least been “ok” to me.

I forgot to recalculate the odds after forgetting about IMIW, but 16/24 = 66.6% chance of being “ok” with my pull. You misunderstood.

Gross.

King Groot.

Gross.

King Groot.

Oooooh! You SonofaB. 😁
    edited September 2018

Gross.

King Groot.

Oooooh! You SonofaB. 😁

Hey he’s still better than a lot of trash. I like KG personally.
    Jones979 wrote: »
    I was worried about opening my first 6* crystal because I didn’t want to get Jane Foster. I got Jane Foster. Quit for a few days after that.

Eeek. Sorry, brother.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    I was worried about opening my first 6* crystal because I didn’t want to get Jane Foster. I got Jane Foster. Quit for a few days after that.

At least it wasnt a deadpool xforce. If i get him i will sell all my champs and quit the game
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I think you will get someone from the next new batch of 6 stars.
  • I understand the odds, and I’m just attempting to be funny about the horrendous pull, but it certainly is interesting that you can debate about the odds and all that with yourself, and feel you will get the worst possible champ in the game, and then actually do. But, it is rarely the opposite.

It is almost always the opposite. It is just that almost no one remembers it or posts about it.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    I've actually never had much luck with crystals. The ONLY feature I've ever pulled was Gambit 4* and we all know how he is. Only ever pulled One 4* from the monthly free crystal, Doc Oc. Last month I did however Finally get lucky from the GP event crystals. 5* Stark then from the shards a 5* Blade. Then pulled a 6* KM, my second 6*, the first being WW2. So, eventually the sun will shine on us all.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    nb09xukvei0r.png

This makes me happy. Can’t wait!

i have him, so now i feel like his buff is gonna be subpar or at least trash
  • ArnavArnav Posts: 16
    Today when i was going to open 4* crystal in my mind I'm praying give me ghost rider or stark Spidey lol but i loose my **** when i got what i thought in my mind *ghost rider*
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    My 2 6*s are Karnak and DD. I don’t feel bad for anyone 😂
    Smash wrote: »

I actually don’t mind Karnak. Could be worse.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    My first five star is kk
  • ZADO1991ZADO1991 Posts: 109
    LMAO I got captain America og and iron man og from cinematic crystals. Killmonger and sparky? You are so lucky
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I opened my 4th 6* a couple days ago. (2nd feature) Was hoping to dupe my IMIW. Or to get Domino or Corvis or several others I would have been ok with.
    The leader of my ally said something along the lines of good luck getting that Jane Foster.

guess who I got? :neutral:
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

You have no idea dude... I have DPX from basic and IF from featured... Don't think it gets any worse than that. Not saying those aren't bad cause they are, I just think there are even worse pulls than those two (Karnak can be useful with true strike)
    edited September 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »

You have no idea dude... I have DPX from basic and IF from featured... Don't think it gets any worse than that. Not saying those aren't bad cause they are, I just think there are even worse pulls than those two (Karnak can be useful with true strike)

The worst pulls will always be subjective and people tend to say “look at my bad luck” more. In my opinion the worst champs are DD and IF. At least LC can save the defenders since the other two can’t save themselves.
  • MyzahMyzah Posts: 15
    Once intant opened 5 crystals 4*

4 colossus in 5 crystals. What r the odds?

After that I do spin everything :-))
  • Ruben101Ruben101 Posts: 49
    Premium hero crystal rolls over a 4*imiw and 4*medusa and lands on 2* colusus
  • Ruben101 wrote: »

The odds of that happening are very high because the frequency of 4* champions in the preview squares is far higher than it is in the actual reward square. The servers randomly select what you are going to get, and the game will give that to you regardless of the state of the spinner. Until you stop the spinner the game client randomly inserts portraits in the squares you aren't landing on, and displays 2*, 3*, and 4* champions at a roughly equal rate.

So basically, the odds of the square you land on containing a 4* is one in fifty. But the odds of the previous square *displaying* a 4* champion are closer to one in three or thereabouts. So rollovers from good to bad are very likely.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Ruben101 wrote: »

classic opening lol