**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

NC evading mid special (video provided)

ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues

zlzr1t5zf78a.gif

Working as intended?

Comments

• KihlgastKihlgast Posts: 111
    yes i would say so
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    That's been a thing with all evade champs against all specials for a long time.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Strange, I didn’t notice this in recent memory. I don’t use colossus much of course, so I noticed something different when I did use him in a duel with NC

but even the likes of sparky have 2-hit special 1, would NC also be able to evade the second hit?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It's all RNG, evade champs can evade any part of any attack, except sp3 of course. That's what makes evade champs so annoying haha
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I don't know that I've ever experienced what's in the video first-hand. It certainly appears to be a bug to me.

Evade champs that are stunned are unable to evade. I've also never had an evade champ evade a portion of a special attack after an earlier portion connected (I'm talking landed hits, not hits into blocks, which can be evaded at any point).

It appears to me that Nightcrawler is getting a fresh reset to his evasion chance after the stun wears off. He wouldn't have this chance if he weren't stunned, but it seems the transition from stunned to not stunned grants a fresh chance. That seems like a bug.
  • It's all RNG, evade champs can evade any part of any attack, except sp3 of course. That's what makes evade champs so annoying haha

I don't believe this is correct unless something has changed. My understanding has always been: if you manage to land the first hit of a special, the rest is good. There have been other times in the past where they've had to tune the timing of certain characters to correct somewhat similar issues.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I complained about this with auto block and evade never got a response until a mod said Medusa is meant to auto block while stunned
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Working as “intended”. Also happens when you land the first hit of a heavy, they evade out the second hit. Classic DD can also get hit with a special that starts with melee and ends with a projectile, melee hits him and should lock him in place but he evades the projectile. My sig 99 DD has not once pulled that feat off.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    if you can do that, why the AI can't ?
    By chance do you mean If the AI can do that, why can’t you? Maybe I was unclear. I’ve had AI controlled DD do that. My sig 99 4* however never has.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If your fighting nightcrawler or stark spidey or any other character that can evade, just save up your third special. They cant dodge it. Sure it takes time to get, but it works.
    Evading out of multi hit heavy is common. I am just less sure for evading out of multi hit special. Never experienced the DD “bug” you described, but that sounds really wrong though and is evident of a bug!
    Working as “intended”. Also happens when you land the first hit of a heavy, they evade out the second hit. Classic DD can also get hit with a special that starts with melee and ends with a projectile, melee hits him and should lock him in place but he evades the projectile. My sig 99 DD has not once pulled that feat off.

• GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    not a bug lol all evade champs do that
    edited September 2018
    9k58xz0rokbr.gif
    I wonder if this evading issue is unique to the colossus type of “slow” multi-hit special. Did a quick run with moon knight SP1, NC remains “dazed” throughout the animation sequence which means he shouldn’t be evading. I ran out of duel credits to try more times though.

Also did multiple tries with Hyperion multi hit SP1, NC didn’t evade the later hits any time at all. Although this SP1 multihit is too close in succession, but should it have mattered?
  • Ive dealt with something like this with TM fighting IM. I hit him with the first part of SP1 and instead of being dazed, he dashed towards me or blocks the rest of the SP.
    Was it IM infinity war? His autoblock could have kicked in, possible even mid special.
    Ive dealt with something like this with TM fighting IM. I hit him with the first part of SP1 and instead of being dazed, he dashed towards me or blocks the rest of the SP.

• KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    That’s because of the weird way in which parry works. When it expires, the opponent also wakes up from the lock that the special applies. Screwed me over plenty of times
    @ezgoing I know it’s common, but I’m still going to continue to insist that it shouldn’t, especially after a parry when I have maxed stupefy and the AI doesn’t have masteries (questing, not war). I’m done being off topic now. Please proceed.