**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Hood - does he needs to be awakened?

I want to use The Hood for aw defense. Currently, he is at r3. Is he any good for defense unawakened?

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    He isn't all that great for defense in any form. I've brought him along a few times.

He doesn't need to be awakened though. His sig ability isn't a big game changer.

He's a great champ for offense in my opinion
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    TaimurKhan wrote: »
    I want to use The Hood for aw defense. Currently, he is at r3. Is he any good for defense unawakened?

I use mine, ANAWAKENED, in AW defense on node 19.. SP2 NOT blockable and charged at the start of the match, and after he uses, he will become invisible.. great choice in AW defense IMO
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    ADDZZ wrote: »
    He isn't all that great for defense in any form. I've brought him along a few times.

He doesn't need to be awakened though. His sig ability isn't a big game changer.

He's a great champ for offense in my opinion

Awakened on sp2 imblocable + start with sp2 he is a beast.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    His invisibility is useful.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    His invisibility is tricky but I think it really depends on your tier (I'm guessing somewhere beneath tier 7 if you are placing a rank 3 btw). But you also need to have MD for him to be able to generate power fast enough. One caution though, if you get pitted against an alliance that runs map 5 he might be a liability as Hood is a common enemy on map 5. With season 4 of AQ already being completed 9-10 weeks I imagine a lot of people are simply used to fighting him.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    His invisibility is tricky but I think it really depends on your tier (I'm guessing somewhere beneath tier 7 if you are placing a rank 3 btw). But you also need to have MD for him to be able to generate power fast enough. One caution though, if you get pitted against an alliance that runs map 5 he might be a liability as Hood is a common enemy on map 5. With season 4 of AQ already being completed 9-10 weeks I imagine a lot of people are simply used to fighting him.

yeah but not prepared to take his SP2 right on the face ;)
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Il_JooO wrote: »

Most people clear that line with power drainers so he rarely causes a hassle. We have a guy with a max ranked OG Vision. Hood is not a worthy matchup for that. But again there is a big difference in our tiers.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Il_JooO wrote: »

Most people clear that line with power drainers so he rarely causes a hassle. We have a guy with a max ranked OG Vision. Hood is not a worthy matchup for that. But again there is a big difference in our tiers.

Yes your tier is what will determine this.