**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MD and Buff Expiration vs Nullify [Merged Threads] [Under Investigation]

UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I noticed when fighting Medusa with Magik that when Medusa’s 3 Fury buffs expire on their own they now only trigger MD one time whereas they previously triggered MD 3 times (one for each Fury expiry). However when launching Magik’s SP3 when all 3 Furies are up and they get nullified it triggers MD 3 times the same as before the change. Is this intended? This changes the way I play Magik vs Medusa drastically.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Yes. MD only works when buffs expire or are nullified, nor when they are refreshed or consumed for some ability (they were consumed to do the auto-block, for example)
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    They were not consumed for auto block. These expired naturally and not all were counted towards MD. This is changed from before the update and I didn’t see anything about this in the update description or FAQ.
    So you mean, MD interacted per unique buff on the opponent, and not per individual buff?
    That really doesn't sound how it should be then ...
    edited September 2018
    Ok. So I tested with some duels and can confirm it’s definitely bugged. There is a clear difference in the power gain before and after letting the buffs expire naturally on Medusa and if they are nullified.

Buffs expiring naturally:
    Before
    7hlj3uvix9oz.png
    After
    o6qzc6yqa5sd.png

Buffs being nullified
    Before
    kkfn5vbm3ri3.png
    After
    tjpkird5f0b8.png

Aa you can see, the power gain from MD is quite different in both cases. I have MD at rank 5 for reference. This is definitely not how this happened before the latest patch.
    Yeh it looks like when they expire, they only count as a individual buff instead of 3x ...
    I also tested on KK to see if the bug was Medusa specific. It definitely seems to be. Here are some shots with KK with the same level of furies up:

Buffs expiring naturally:
    Before
    mchw0sre0nk1.png
    After
    8ax5ietkujzp.png

Buffs being nullified:
    Before
    af0br8gnh4oa.png
    After
    86kab0m087q1.png

The power gained against KK is the same in both instances even though the same levels of fury are expiring/nullified as in the Medusa scenario. Please look into this.
  • Hey there @Ultimatheory, thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing those screenshots! Letting 3 of Medusa's Fury buffs expire should result in Mystic Dispersion providing the same amount of Power as Nullifying all 3. We've brought this to the rest of the team and they are investigating further so that we can resolve this issue. We don't have definite timeline on when that resolution will be implemented, but we'll let you know here as soon as we do. And again, thanks for bringing this info to us!
  • I had this same issue fighting a medusa AW boss as well. Only its more than just an issue with her fury buffs expiring. I would nullify 5 buffs with an L3 and get back the power I should have from nullifying those buffs. The very next L3 I nullified 4 buffs and ony got back a half bar of power. Wish I could upload videos here because its very obvious the changes to MD have caused some issues that need to be adressed.
    Thanks for the update @Kabam Zibiit. I’m hoping it’s before the next season of AW starts. Medusa is a very common enemy and Magik is one of the most popular champs to bring into fighting her mainly because of how easy it is to fuel up to an SP3 from Fury expiration. If it isn’t fixed in time it will make some nodes near impossible without a timeout. Here’s to hoping. I’ll definitely be checking in regularly to see if there is an update.
    RubyMJ wrote: »
    Hey there @Ultimatheory, thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing those screenshots! Letting 3 of Medusa's Fury buffs expire should result in Mystic Dispersion providing the same amount of Power as Nullifying all 3. We've brought this to the rest of the team and they are investigating further so that we can resolve this issue. We don't have definite timeline on when that resolution will be implemented, but we'll let you know here as soon as we do. And again, thanks for bringing this info to us!

How about Dr voodoo's sp2 not getting MD to proc when converting loa to power drain or power burn?

That's a conversion of buffs in to an ability. I don't think it should trigger MD
  • Hi.

During aw against medusa when the 3 furies expires it only fuel mystic dispersion once.
    I have mystic dispersion at 5/5 and medusa's furies should fuel 36%.
    I did the same test in duel with the same result (see picts below).
    I've read the post one more time to ensure I haven't miss something but I don't think so. Can you provide more information about this @Kabam Miike

Thx.
    g3tmfrm79lh8.jpg
    utm7xo10gu39.jpg
  • DeckardDeckard Posts: 31
    This is how it works now
  • Please try to bring constructive answer based on something written somewhere in the forum or updates...
    Look at rogue for example this is a known bug not a "this is how it works now".
    So my question remain the same and as there is no information about this behavior let's assume it's a bug.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Medusa appears to be broken in general right now. When she triggers autoblock she doesn't consume 3 furies as she should. It would seem that she needs to be fixed where it comes to how her furies are working
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    You don’t gain power when the opponent consumes a buff
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I wasnt talking about powergain with her autoblock, I mentioned she doesn't consume her furies as she should. The OP mentioned power gain when her buffs expire which should trigger MD.
    Medusa just isnt working like she should
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Medusa is a totalt Broken champ
  • @Kabam Sophia
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Lyra
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Zibiit

And update on the issue?
    Just need to know what to expect about this issue.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    sensoo wrote: »
    Hi.

During aw against medusa when the 3 furies expires it only fuel mystic dispersion once.
    I've read the post one more time to ensure I haven't miss something but I don't think so. Can you provide more information about this @Kabam Miike

Thx.
    g3tmfrm79lh8.jpg
    utm7xo10gu39.jpg

From the announcement FAQ:
    If my Champion consumes their own Buff, will it trigger Mystic Dispersion? For example, when Medusa consumes 3 Fury Buffs to Auto-Block.
    No. This will not trigger Mystic Dispersion, as the Buff is neither expiring, nor being nullified. One exception to this rule (at this time) is Rogue. We’re currently testing a fix for this that we hope to have released in our next build, but she should not trigger Mystic Dispersion on the Buffs that she copies.
  • CFree wrote: »
    sensoo wrote: »
    Hi.

Thx.
    g3tmfrm79lh8.jpg
    utm7xo10gu39.jpg

From the announcement FAQ:
    If my Champion consumes their own Buff, will it trigger Mystic Dispersion? For example, when Medusa consumes 3 Fury Buffs to Auto-Block.
    No. This will not trigger Mystic Dispersion, as the Buff is neither expiring, nor being nullified. One exception to this rule (at this time) is Rogue. We’re currently testing a fix for this that we hope to have released in our next build, but she should not trigger Mystic Dispersion on the Buffs that she copies.

Exactly what I said.

Regarding announcement mystic dispersion will not be fueled by buff if medusa auto block.
    Here, medusa is just consuming her furies and I only get one of the furies to fuel my power instead of 3.
  • Thx. I haven't seen this post in my previous searches (mostly because I looked at mystic dispersion and not md :smile: )
    Let's hope someone will come with an update soon. I will bump it on a daily basis to ensure an answer to come ^^.
  • Bump.
    10 days and no update on the first thread neither a single note on mine.
    Once again fixing pseudo bug is the hurry... and as this one is a true disadvantage in aw there's no reason to pay attention...
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Same bug noticed that also
  • Hey there @Ultimatheory, thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing those screenshots! Letting 3 of Medusa's Fury buffs expire should result in Mystic Dispersion providing the same amount of Power as Nullifying all 3. We've brought this to the rest of the team and they are investigating further so that we can resolve this issue. We don't have definite timeline on when that resolution will be implemented, but we'll let you know here as soon as we do. And again, thanks for bringing this info to us!

Hi!

To update you all, this issue will be resolved in an upcoming update and is included in our Known Issues thread.
  • Hi all,

This issue is resolved in the 20.1 game update as noted in the changelog.

Fixed an issue where the expiry of her Signature Ability Fury Buffs was only triggering Mystic Dispersion once, regardless of the number of Buffs expiring. (Note: She still does not trigger Mystic Dispersion if those Buffs are consumed to trigger her Autoblock)