**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 20.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    Evil_Devil wrote: »
    Are the issues of having script rather than actual text going to be fixed,
    I'm sick of having this problem for the past 2 months, you could imagine how item use event is working for me

9aswq6wr2u1e.jpg
    064jrskzcopq.jpg

Is it really that much of a problem in this case? Signature Stones are pretty straightforward...just look at the number of stars, the color, and the number of lvls it raises SA by. Same for AG
  • Evil_DevilEvil_Devil Posts: 57
    Evil_Devil wrote: »
    Are the issues of having script rather than actual text going to be fixed,
    I'm sick of having this problem for the past 2 months, you could imagine how item use event is working for me

9aswq6wr2u1e.jpg
    064jrskzcopq.jpg

Is it really that much of a problem in this case? Signature Stones are pretty straightforward...just look at the number of stars, the color, and the number of lvls it raises SA by. Same for AG

Hi rogueKlyntar,
    First, u can't see which heroes have the highest sigs so u can place ur sigs into them to get max number of maxed heroes to get max sig crystal next time u pull him from crystal.
    U can't even see what items reach max unless u got them beyond max and it's in ur stash.
  • Invert controls? So what? It’s fine. If domino can have out of the universe degen why not invert controls. Haha I’m at point where I’ll take even a buff where I move and I get koed. Oh wait we already have that with Korg. Keep it up!
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Wait...Emma can cause inverted controls?

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

How does this impact AI? Seems this feature affects just the player base....

I never thought about how useless that ability is when fighting against UI until I read you post
  • Raganator wrote: »

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

When taunt starts overriding the player controls, then I think you will have a valid complaint here.

• The game is catching a lot. Especially at the beginning of the fight and before the special attacks. The lock lasts a half second for more.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Got the lag that was not there before update. Sigh
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    These new zeroes are ugly and hard to look at, bring back the old ones! :)
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

When taunt starts overriding the player controls, then I think you will have a valid complaint here.

What complaint? It was a question. And for that matter it was a question for kabam, not a troll
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I have not updated to v20 yet. Not looking forward to it if the problems reported are a fraction on what is going on. :(
  • why are the zeros still the same when going through the map, but the fight screen zeros are new with the line going through them @Kabam Miike maybe that could be fixed.
  • Hey Summoners,

A quick heads up! We're just about to release a 20.0.1 Hotfix release. This is not a required update for any of our existing players. It addresses a possible infinite load issue during the tutorial of the game and will only affect new players.
    I have an unlinked account and a linked account; when I un- and reinstall the game to access the unlinked account (I am logged out of Kabam and the ipod Game Center) it still loads the linked account. This is not really a problem until they roll out the Name Tokens but how can I access the unlinked account so I can change the playername to use on my linked account? (The alt is at least a year old and only level 15 or something like that; I don't use it because its too much trouble to reinstall the game)
    edited September 2018
    why are the zeros still the same when going through the map, but the fight screen zeros are new with the line going through them @Kabam Miike maybe that could be fixed.

If you mean ø, then it means that the opponent's health is mathematically undefined, so basically they are immortal and unbeatable.
    winterthur wrote: »
    I have not updated to v20 yet. Not looking forward to it if the problems reported are a fraction on what is going on. :(

:( Forced to update. Already lagging on crystal opening (without spinning). I think Mods should create another separate thread for registering feedback. The existing one in Bugs section on v19 is obsolete.
  • Hi what do u have to say about this bug. In todays alliance war our defenders rating was very low. They were not being benefited by the nodes. Check our boss 5 star rank 4 imiw rating. Our opponents rating is high as it should be. Please compensate us0b1w3c9ba7xr.jpg

• Will Kabam take more than 20 days to fix the bugs of the update 20.0?
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    20 is not the version number but the number of times you have to restart the game for not having LAG
    edited September 2018
    HULK_BREAK wrote: »
    20 is not the version number but the number of times you have to restart the game for not having LAG
    Will Kabam take more than 20 days to fix the bugs of the update 20.0?

It's the number of times you have to un- and reinstall the game...on .01G internet

PS: I have discovered the art of putting words in peoples mouths on this forum! You will observe that HULK_BREAK did not actually quote 180290anderson above... The possibilities are endless...muahahahaha
    DNA3000 wrote: »

What complaint? It was a question. And for that matter it was a question for kabam, not a troll

I am not too worried about the inversion itself; but what if the game does not undo the inversion?

:( Forced to update. Already lagging on crystal opening (without spinning). I think Mods should create another separate thread for registering feedback. The existing one in Bugs section on v19 is obsolete.

No lag now! If something was made, thanks! :)
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    edited September 2018
    Frequent network problem occuring after version 20 update I'm using android 6 smart phone.

No lag now! If something was made, thanks! :)

Spoke too soon. Nearly lost streak. Continued and after a while lost 2nd fight. Had to pause game. Sigh.
  • This update has caused the game to lag extensively. I literally cant play anything except auto play. Come on guys this is ridiculous please fix
    edited September 2018
    Frost's L3 is stupid. Is that the best you could do?! My own L3 idea (below) is more interesting and I'm 23 years old unemployed and ignorant in the ways of programming and business. And imo she looks too young or sth... I hope she performs as well as has been anticipated so far...
    I was thinking about more ideas for Frost just days before I read that she's being added but I thought I'd share them anyway! Here's from my Reddit post

I know I already did this but I think these new ideas are way better and would make the game more interesting:

Name: Emma Frost
    Class: Mutant
    Combat type: Tank? Burst?

Basic Abilities: Armor Up, Bleed and Poison Immunity, Evade, Refraction

Telepath Mode: EM has a constant Evade Up Buff against most Champions; exceptions are Magneto and Scarlet Witch and Frost herself. Spider-Champions suffer from decreased Evade chance. When Stunned or Concussed, EM switches to Diamond Mode.

Diamond Mode: While in DM, EM is immune to Bleed. While in DM, Refraction may activate. Armor Break causes EM to switch back to Telepath Mode.

Refraction's effects depend on how full the Power Meter is, as do the consequences of being Armor Broken.

Less than 1 Bar: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as Power.

Less than 2 Bars: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later on. If EF reverts to TM before she uses L3 and Power is still between 1 and 2 bars, all stored energy is released as Direct Energy Damage as EF enters TM.
    Less than 3 Bars: Refraction has a 16% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later.

3 Bars: If L3 is not activated within 5 seconds, stored energy begins to dissipates at 20% per second as light, lowering enemy accuracy by 1% for each passing second (Max 5%). If Refraction activates before stored energy runs out then dissipation stops for one second before resuming. Stored energy is not restored. If Refraction activates within the first 5 seconds, the timer resets.

More than 2 Bars:. If EF is Stunned etc in TM she loses no more than 1.5 Bars of Power and deals 10% of all damage suffered since entering TM.
    If EF is Armor Broken in DM she loses at most 2.25 Bars of Power and deals 5% of all damage suffered since entering DM (except from preexisting Poison or Toxin debuffs) plus 5% of stored energy,osong the rest.

Note: EF's organic diamond structure prevents anything from getting inside her body...or out. Preexisting Poison or Toxin Debuffs will remain in DM and if their timer expires the effects will continue until she returns to TM. Be careful around Abomination and Archangel!

depending on the mode EF is in when a Special is activated, side effects will differ:

L1
    TM: EF deals Energy Dmg
    DM: EF deals Phys Dmg
    L2
    TM:
    DM: EF inflicts Armor Break
    L3:
    TM: EF concusses the enemy
    DM: EF releases all stored energy as Direct Damage

Note: it is impossible for EF to activate L3 in DM without having some amount of stored energy, though the amount varies.

Note: Auto-Block and Reflect Stun do not activate DM. Only regular Stuns such as from Parry or a Special Abity, or Concussion can activate DM.

Note: Magneto does not allow EF to read his thoughts, preventing here from gaining that increased Evade and protecting him from Evasion Rate decrease.

L1: EF enters TM and gives the enemy an intense migraine, dealing damage over time
    L2: EF enters DM and throws a series of rock-hard punches, inflicting Bleed on the enemy
    L3: EF enters DM, emitting energy as intense light, blinding the opponent as she enters DM and launches a telepathic assault on them, nearly driving them mad.

Synergy:
    Hellfire Queens with Phoenix
    Phoenix Hosts with Colossus and Magik
    Awakened Potential with Iceman: Armor Break has a chance to lower Armor rating without removing the Bleed and Poison Immunities.

Romance with Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Masteries:

Bleed enhancers and mitigators
    Health recgeneration
    Stun shortening

Good matchups:
    energy-based champs; eg Magneto but they are rare
    Opponent's without armor break
    Spidey variants; their Spidey sense is grossly impaired leaving them less able to evade

Poor matchups
    Champs with High Armor Break Rate

EDIT: I only just found out she is being added so if there was already knowledge of this I was unaware of it. So plz don't tell me that this is not how she turns out to be.

Again, I am disappointed by the whole thing. If this is what we know so far, what DONT we know???

Can't she at least give them a migraine?
    Yay! Never been the first post on a page before!