**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unreasonably Bothered by the New Zeroes

I really don't like the look of the new zeroes in the game. It just feels so messy and visually unappealing. I know, what an insignificant and small thing to complain about, but these interface elements are kind of important considering how much we interact with them. Just like a menu defaulting to the wrong behavior or a certain red indicator number refusing to go away, it adds one more little annoyance to the game that really shouldn't be there.

I understand why they changed it, but it seems so unnecessary after making their stance on name obfuscation very clear with the in-game mail along with fact that very few players abused it to begin with. I would much rather have the old zeroes back and instead report the few users still trying to use this tactic.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    I really don't like the look of the new zeroes in the game. It just feels so messy and visually unappealing. I know, what an insignificant and small thing to complain about, but these interface elements are kind of important considering how much we interact with them. Just like a menu defaulting to the wrong behavior or a certain red indicator number refusing to go away, it adds one more little annoyance to the game that really shouldn't be there.

I understand why they changed it, but it seems so unnecessary after making their stance on name obfuscation very clear with the in-game mail along with fact that very few players abused it to begin with. I would much rather have the old zeroes back and instead report the few users still trying to use this tactic.

Well, the have made it clear piloting and cheating is wrong but look at what we are always dealing with. They are taking the problem out of our hands which is just fine.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Well, the have made it clear piloting and cheating is wrong but look at what we are always dealing with. They are taking the problem out of our hands which is just fine.

But how have they cheated by changing their names? I havr heardd about it a few times but still don know how you could cheat that way
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    the new zeros are causing all the lag problems
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    One person in the ally is OOO0OO0, another is 0O0OOO0, and so on. Other ones combined I as in igloo and l as in lake.

@KillerRino19
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

But how have they cheated by changing their names? I havr heardd about it a few times but still don know how you could cheat that way

Where the entire alliance has the same name just different versions. There was alliances using versions of "l" and "I".
  • I really don't like the look of the new zeroes in the game. It just feels so messy and visually unappealing. I know, what an insignificant and small thing to complain about, but these interface elements are kind of important considering how much we interact with them. Just like a menu defaulting to the wrong behavior or a certain red indicator number refusing to go away, it adds one more little annoyance to the game that really shouldn't be there.

The policy is there to handle blatantly obvious obfuscation that can be reported. The font changes are there to deal with non-deliberate ambiguity. Like, say, if someone's in-game handle is DNA3000, are those O's or are they zeroes? It might not be clear, but you also don't want those players reported for violating the name policy when no deliberate violation was intended. Clearer fonts eliminates this part of the issue.
  • Pabon510Pabon510 Posts: 8
    Hahaha! I complained in our alliance chat about the same thing. Worst part of the update for me 😂
  • UniquvzUniquvz Posts: 32
    I LOVE the new zeroes. Idk y u guys salty lol jk
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    They are ugly but necessary I suppose. They make my eyes vomit too tho... 👀 🤮