**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emma Frost and Robots

Just a quick question, would like an honest answer. While I can appreciate that magneto, UC and juggernaut are immune to Emma's mind control, why aren't robots? It makes absolutely no sense that she would be able to mind control them.

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Wait, what? She can't invert Ultron, right? Or a Sentinel?

That just...I mean, come on. Robots aren't really being inverted, right?
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    I didn't see it in the description. If I missed it, I apologize, but that shouldn't be happening
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Excellent question. It would make sense for robots to be immune to this BS control inversion
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Sure, thanos can do it cause he has the infinity gauntlet. But since Emma relies on messing with the opponents mind, I agree that robots shouldn't be affected.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Was just gonna ask this same question. Makes no sense at all that robots are effected by mind control. Just like GR not immune to incinerate or iceman immune to cold snap and I'm sure there are more examples too. Just makes no sense. Would love a response.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Guys. I just soloed her with a 5/50 Thor. Please stop begging for handouts.... UC should be hard. And if you can’t complete it. Well there’s a reason.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    xdhqgzn2fa96.jpg
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I don't think logic always applies when balancing the amount of Abilities we have in this Meta.
    Agreed. And screw getting rational explanations when there isn't one.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Jank39 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    xdhqgzn2fa96.jpg

To translate:

"We see Emma Frost as a massive money maker on AW defence and therefore have no intention of creating any more counters to her than we have to... no matter how logical they may be."

So true, it's funny how the champions that are immune are all weak ones who players won't have ranked highly and the robots who should also be immune are all good champions like ultron, vision and sentinel, champions players are more likely to have at higher ranks
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Jank39 wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    xdhqgzn2fa96.jpg

To translate:

"We see Emma Frost as a massive money maker on AW defence and therefore have no intention of creating any more counters to her than we have to... no matter how logical they may be."

Agreed 100%, since some people (including myself) use robots in AW, while I bet NO one uses Magneto, Unstoppable Colossus, or Juggernaut
    That excuse is so lame. It's not like there are that many robots in the game.
    Everything is lame. And they expect us to just be ok with it. I'm very concerned with the direction of champs in this game. Both Omega red and Emma Frost (especially Frost) will be excellent options in aw in defense and give people all kinds of issues. They are clearly pissed that people have been able to complete maps with minimal use of potions. They tried the second mini bosses idea but most have blown through those too. So now why not bring in champs that are basically unfair? They can make tons of cash off crystal sales and then off potions during war. All the while, they think we are too stupid to catch on.

The best example for me is the inverted controls. This would hardly affect the computer in any way, granted we usually hit our l1 anyways, but this is only intended to help them in quests and war defense.

It's worth watching if they keep introducing these types of characters to try and make suckers out of us.
    Everything is lame. And they expect us to just be ok with it. I'm very concerned with the direction of champs in this game. Both Omega red and Emma Frost (especially Frost) will be excellent options in aw in defense and give people all kinds of issues. They are clearly pissed that people have been able to complete maps with minimal use of potions. They tried the second mini bosses idea but most have blown through those too. So now why not bring in champs that are basically unfair? They can make tons of cash off crystal sales and then off potions during war. All the while, they think we are too stupid to catch on.

The best example for me is the inverted controls. This would hardly affect the computer in any way, granted we usually hit our l1 anyways, but this is only intended to help them in quests and war defense.

It's worth watching if they keep introducing these types of characters to try and make suckers out of us.

Honestly I don't see Omega Red or Frost being that much of a pain in War defense. Main reason is because the YouTubers have already broken down how to beat them very easily. The inverted controls thing is much easier to avoid than Thanos was. Just timing the evade and take the block damage if need be. Other that that Frost is cake. One of the more easier champs to fight. Shes just boosted to all hell is all. We don't see those kind of massive boosts in War really. Omega Red is also not that hard. Very easy to avoid his specials. They both have many counters that make short work of them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Rational and logical are not terms that apply to a digital game that portrays imaginary Superheroes and Villains, and has a myriad of moving parts to balance. As for the explanation, that was rational. They have to balance all the other parts going on as well. Not just what would make logical sense. If that were the case, a BW would NEVER K.O. a Hulk.
  • Flash_007Flash_007 Posts: 1
    They didnt answer the question tho . I done beat the quest but im still curious why aren't robots immune ?? How you mimd control a robot ??
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Flash_007 wrote: »
    They didnt answer the question tho . I done beat the quest but im still curious why aren't robots immune ?? How you mimd control a robot ??

Short circuiting... A mind controled antman switch some Cables around😀
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Rational and logical are not terms that apply to a digital game that portrays imaginary Superheroes and Villains, and has a myriad of moving parts to balance. As for the explanation, that was rational. They have to balance all the other parts going on as well. Not just what would make logical sense. If that were the case, a BW would NEVER K.O. a Hulk.

She’d make him go sleepy time though.