**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game is becoming more and more pay to win only.

Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
All of these deals have been tipping the scales heavily towards this game only being pay to win. Slowly killing off the game for me. Back in the day, there used to be deals every once in a great while and you could grind to keep up. Not anymore. Makes it to where there is no point in trying. Just log in for war and AQ and log back out. Nice job. Two deals with 110 5* Sig stones. That gives a significant boost to prestige right before the new AQ series starts. Buzzkill. Add on top all of these t2 and t5 deals and it’s impossible to even try and keep up.

Comments

• You haven't been around long have you?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Seriously, don't play competitvely if you don't want to pay.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You haven't been around long have you?

For you to say something like that means you have no idea what you are talking about. I have been playing this game for over 3 years. There has been a major shift towards more and more “deals” recently compared to what it used to be back in the day. You would only get deals on special holiday weeks or weekends. Then it progressed to every few months. Then to every month. Then to almost weekly now. So please explain to me What you meant with your comment.

I used to be able to keep up by grinding. Now I am here stuck with 2r5 5*s and everyone who buys all of the deals are going on their 3rd. Then add 110 5* Sig stones on top of that. Can’t keep up.

Lol some of the top players have at least 4 r5s now. I gave up winning a long time ago.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    You haven't been around long have you?

For you to say something like that means you have no idea what you are talking about. I have been playing this game for over 3 years. There has been a major shift towards more and more “deals” recently compared to what it used to be back in the day. You would only get deals on special holiday weeks or weekends. Then it progressed to every few months. Then to every month. Then to almost weekly now. So please explain to me What you meant with your comment.

I used to be able to keep up by grinding. Now I am here stuck with 2r5 5*s and everyone who buys all of the deals are going on their 3rd. Then add 110 5* Sig stones on top of that. Can’t keep up.

So what I think he means is, these deals happen regularly, as I purchased both the straight sig deal and the monthly sig card deal in 2016, 2017, but am abstaining from this year since I don't really need it, so perhaps you don't regularly pay attention to the deals.
    Nevertheless, there's no "winning" a game like this, so people better get rewarded for pumping cash into the game economy, otherwise what's the point of spending money? IRL too.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    So what deals are ok for kabam to put out? Anything that gives an advantage puts whales ahead, but offers that don’t give an advantage will not be bought. This game is pay to win, but only at the very top. You can win everything except the top 0.1% of the game, and I congratulate kabam on that. They’ve managed a system where a ftp player can play to their hearts desire and actually progress. Not many mobile games have managed that. It’s why the ones that do are successful. I don’t like what happens at the top, and what kabam lets happen, but credit where credit is due

This deal does not put the whales at an incredible advantage. 1 purchase of this offer could give maybe 250 points more to their prestige, overall at an alliance level that is 8 points to their prestige. That is not gamechanging.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Well, honestly, I get to play and post here because of the whales. A big thank you. :)
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Being a high tier f2p player is a full time job this is very apparent when you look at the time and effort Brian Grant puts in to maintain a high level. You basically spend all the time you have grinding resource from arena not a realistic goal for 99.999999999999999% of the playerbase unless you run a YouTube channel fulltime or live in your parents basement.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    You said maybe 250 prestige like that isn’t anything. 250 points is a big deal. Maybe this is going over heads. My point is the game wasn’t this much pay to win like it is now and there was still a perfect balance that made the game last. I am in top 25 Alliance for AQ and platinum 1 AW. That is without spending, but now I am slowly falling behind and before I used to be able to keep up. That is all I am saying. Deals every week or every day and It never used to be like that.
    And I am strictly talking about rewards. Sig stones, 5* shards, t2 alpha shards, t5 basic shards. Stuff like this. Most players at a higher level pay for their donations so they don’t have to grind.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    edited September 2018
    You can progress to a certain point while maintaining a FTP account. If you keep at it, realistically, you may be able to work your way up to Gold 1 if you have skill and a fair amount of time, but that’s certainly the cap. The top 1% of players (Master and Platinum allys) will likely require that you spend to maintain a competitive edge. From an economic standpoint, what incentive would there be for people to make in-game purchases if it did not provide some sort of advantage? This game is run on a pay to play model, as it is not ad supported. Put yourself in the developers shoes...what would you do?
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    You can progress to a certain point while maintaining a FTP account. If you keep at it, realistically, you may be able to work your way up to Gold 1 if you have skill and a fair amount of time, but that’s certainly the cap. The top 1% of players (Master and Platinum allys) will likely require that you spend to maintain a competitive edge. From an economic standpoint, what incentive would there be for people to make in-game purchases if it did not provide some sort of advantage? This game is run on a pay to play model, as it is not ad supported. Put yourself in the developers shoes...what would you do?

Fix Buggs ! And pay for a good server
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Agree with you 100%, Justice. Beforehand, you could keep up without spending (I was in Zeus€ for 6 months last year without spending a penny) but now, at the very highest levels, it's been becoming more and more difficult to keep up. I think some of these guys responding are higher prestige but have dropped to lower tier ally's as I have and so those signature stone deals aren't really affecting them.

Brian grant. Look him up, he’s top 10 alliance in the game, never spent a penny.
    And I am strictly talking about rewards. Sig stones, 5* shards, t2 alpha shards, t5 basic shards. Stuff like this. Most players at a higher level pay for their donations so they don’t have to grind.

People complain when deals are bad. People complain when deals are good.

Kabam can’t please everyone. More people complain when deals are bad, this is the first complaint I’ve seen when deals are good. Why would kabam choose to go your way when that means not as much money for them?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Brian grant. Look him up, he’s top 10 alliance in the game, never spent a penny.

Really? He did not buy the $1 deal for the 12 Summoner voted crystal? I did not. :)

It isn’t a complaint that deals are good or too good. It is about the frequency and how it is affecting players like myself. It’s seriously mind boggling how what I said gets twisted so fast lol.
    I just wanted to start a conversation about where this game is headed and how it used to be. I could keep up before, but falling behind at a faster pace now bc of the frequency of these deals. It’s not like I don’t have the money to spend. I just choose not to give my money to a company who leaves bugs in the game for months at a time and let’s their game go down twice a week. All while funneling their rewards through a massive paywall of donations.
    It isn’t a complaint that deals are good or too good. It is about the frequency and how it is affecting players like myself. It’s seriously mind boggling how what I said gets twisted so fast lol.

You are complaining that deals let people get ahead too much. People judge a deal by how much it helps them get ahead. If it gets them ahead, it is good. If it doesn’t then it is bad.

If you don’t want deals to be get them ahead, then you don’t want them to be good. Ergo, you are complaining about deals being too good.

Didn’t twist a single word.

You are complaining that deals let people get ahead too much. People judge a deal by how much it helps them get ahead. If it gets them ahead, it is good. If it doesn’t then it is bad.

If you don’t want deals to be get them ahead, then you don’t want them to be good. Ergo, you are complaining about deals being too good.

Lol trying to look smart on the forums. I remember your name. Just endlessly comment on all posts to make yourself feel better. Awesome man. Like I said before. It isn’t about good or bad, but frequency. Keep on keeping on. I’m out.
  • This whole game is based on buying packages....kinda like the rest of the world of business. Ive got a solid account and I've spend $1 in 2 years so far.

Lol trying to look smart on the forums. I remember your name. Just endlessly comment on all posts to make yourself feel better. Awesome man. Like I said before. It isn’t about good or bad, but frequency. Keep on keeping on. I’m out.

Yeah I have a real issue where I need to post on the forum otherwise I get really sad. Thanks for making your silly post to help me in the right direction.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited September 2018

He doesn't prove your point. His prestige was awful late last year, 500-1000 prestige behind several of his teammates. He greatly benefited from the 5* rank down ticket and brought his very low prestige Hulk down. It just proves that if your ftp and a very famous youtuber and yet have low prestige that certain allys will keep you.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Becoming? Too funny! It has been that way for a long time. The sooner one realizes that, the better one will feel. In any game, those who pay progress further/faster than those who do not.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    Lol people always catch up in time, while people have more r5s then others for now in time t5b will become more available just like how a couple years ago getting t4cc were impossible to get besides from ranking in the top 100 or whatever it was in expert tier if aq. P2p members will always have a jump and n others at first but it will all even out in time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Considering the amount of Resources that are available to earn now in War Seasons and Uncollected, I've seen no Offers that have offset the balance of the game.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’m in a masters alliance and one of my buddies in the alliance is free to play. It’s not impossible to be at the top and not pay if you have a lot of skill
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Im buget the 2 5 Stars and giv me a bost for 300 point in prisge now my prisge is 7.4k
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’m in a masters alliance and one of my buddies in the alliance is free to play. It’s not impossible to be at the top and not pay if you have a lot of skill
    Not only skils but the time