**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold situation

13»

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    So you all are going keep arguing eh? That's fine like I said, I know my limitations, I can spend time completing EQ and special events, but I cannot justify spending extra time in arena. The same goes for many other players. Whether you guys decide to believe that, its on you. However, not spending time in arena does not justify the way you guys come on here and try to tell other people how to play the game. I'm sorry but arena just isn't a viable option for gold if you have a job and a family. The polite thing to do would be to acknowledge that if you can't play arena then yeah, gold could be an issue. I have acknowledged multiple times that if I played arena gold probably wouldn't be an issue, how come the arena grinders can't do the same?

The point of this thread is that it would be nice for those of us busy with real life (aka no time for arena), if there were some event, like gold realms, that came around more often. It would help players who are usually quite frugal with their gold supply due to a gold shortage and allow them to rank up some champs that they maybe haven't due to trying to preserve gold for better champs.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Ok, let's also take Into consideration that this is a game and not a job so why should people have to grind arena on top of AQ, AW, and all those other quests just to get the resources needed o rank up a champ,l. You're telling me that if I play this game just for fun then I can't rank up any champ I want? If I can get the shards to open up a crystal each week, then why shouldn't I be accumulating as much gold to rank up said champ at the same time? Kabam talks about using all champs, they just made a quest where you are required to use certain champs, why do we have to pick and choose who to use gold on, t4cc, t2A is one thing, but gold shouldn't be such an issue.
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    Raa wrote: »
    Ok, let's also take In o consideration that this is a game and not a job so why should people have to grind arena on op of AQ, AW, and all those other quests just to get the resources needed o rank up a champ,l. You're telling me that if I play this game just for fun then I can't rank up any champ I want? If I can get the shards to open up a crystal each week, then why shouldn't I be accumulating as much gold at the same time?

I don’t see how anyone could argue against gold quests. I agree with gold not being a problem if you play arena. Gold isn’t a problem if you manage it better either. Everyone isn’t fortunate enough to sit at home all day and play, play all day while at work, or ignore family grinding arena and they’re ok with it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    So you all are going keep arguing eh? That's fine like I said, I know my limitations, I can spend time completing EQ and special events, but I cannot justify spending extra time in arena. The same goes for many other players. Whether you guys decide to believe that, its on you. However, not spending time in arena does not justify the way you guys come on here and try to tell other people how to play the game. I'm sorry but arena just isn't a viable option for gold if you have a job and a family. The polite thing to do would be to acknowledge that if you can't play arena then yeah, gold could be an issue. I have acknowledged multiple times that if I played arena gold probably wouldn't be an issue, how come the arena grinders can't do the same?

The point of this thread is that it would be nice for those of us busy with real life (aka no time for arena), if there were some event, like gold realms, that came around more often. It would help players who are usually quite frugal with their gold supply due to a gold shortage and allow them to rank up some champs that they maybe haven't due to trying to preserve gold for better champs.

You are going against yourself on this. You don't have time for arena but you have time to run extra quests that would take roughly the same amount of time. I don't understand this point of view. "I don't have time for arena but give me an extra quest to do because i have time for that". How does that make sense?
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    KDTrippe wrote: »
    Raa wrote: »
    Ok, let's also take In o consideration that this is a game and not a job so why should people have to grind arena on op of AQ, AW, and all those other quests just to get the resources needed o rank up a champ,l. You're telling me that if I play this game just for fun then I can't rank up any champ I want? If I can get the shards to open up a crystal each week, then why shouldn't I be accumulating as much gold at the same time?

I don’t see how anyone could argue against gold quests. I agree with gold not being a problem if you play arena. Gold isn’t a problem if you manage it better either. Everyone isn’t fortunate enough to sit at home all day and play, play all day while at work, or ignore family grinding arena and they’re ok with it.

Sometimes I wonder if people play this game to have fun. I'm cool with not being able to max out a champ if you don't grind, getting high tier catalysts should be a grind, not gold.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I find it ironic that those who say they can't/won't play arena because it is too time-consuming, are here on the forums creating posts that look very time-consuming...
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    I tried. I guess since I like arena and don’t have gold problems I can’t support those that can’t do arena and have gold problems.
    edited September 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

You are going against yourself on this. You don't have time for arena but you have time to run extra quests that would take roughly the same amount of time. I don't understand this point of view. "I don't have time for arena but give me an extra quest to do because i have time for that". How does that make sense?

My gold situation isn't bad enough that I would prefer to skip 5* shards for gold.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I would love to have a gold problem... That would mean I was getting new champs I wanted to rank.
    edited September 2018
    I would love to have a gold problem... That would mean I was getting new champs I wanted to rank.

That's currently the reason my gold situation isn't so dire... I haven't pulled a good champ in ages
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I play this game just for fun but have over 40 million gold and a rating of over 800,000. So I rank up very often. Gold is very easy to obtain. You can’t complaine about a shortage bc that’s not true. You can say you’d like an easier or faster way to get gold but that’s really just a lazy attitude when gold has been adjusted to help already

My gold situation isn't bad enough that I would prefer to skip 5* shards for gold.

Of course you skirt the question. Why would want to defend your contradicting statements in the first place just to come back and say you don't have a gold problem. And people call me a troll.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    CFree wrote: »
    cypher26 wrote: »
    OK I know this has been mentioned a million times but the gold situation is getting really bad. Unless you grind arena 24/7 then you won't have enough gold for anything. Its really starting to annoy me. Why won't kabam give us some gold realms. Sod the halls of healing GIVE US GOLD REALMS!!!

Gold relms wont help. Everyone complained about the last one and the amount you got. Just be smart about ranking champs. Unless you plan on competing for number 1 rank in arena, you dont need to take 4*'s to r4/5 and 5*'s to rank 3.

This position makes little sense to me. Of course gold realms help. Anytime you can earn more in one sitting, then it will help your resource issue. This is true regardless of whether the amounts from realms have decreased.

Gold realms are a quick fix not a actual solution to the overall problem "some" are experiencing. I might be off on the totals but I think the last realm it was 100k overall for the total run on hard difficulty. This amount can be easily attained through a few rounds of arena through milestones and extra BC chips and it doesn't cost energy either. So really, there are "gold realms" already in the form of arena. No one says you need to rank in arena for it to profitable.

It still doesn’t make sense. More opportunities are just that: more opportunities to obtain more gold. It is still helpful. Your position that it doesn’t help flies in the face of reality. And that’s before we start analyzing the fact that you can get more gold in a gold realm than in arena. Maybe you overstated your position, but that position is practically indefensible.

Well the reality is that without gold realms there are ways to progress how you want. It's as plain and simple as that. The facts are there are some that people will work for what they need and then the others just want the easy road and handouts.

Okay. I agree. There are ways to progress currently in place. Now will you agree that gold realms help counter a lack of gold?

No i won't because there isn't a lack of gold just a lack of effort.

Well some of us dont want to spend all day in arena cos we actually have a life
    cypher26 wrote: »
    OK I know this has been mentioned a million times but the gold situation is getting really bad. Unless you grind arena 24/7 then you won't have enough gold for anything. Its really starting to annoy me. Why won't kabam give us some gold realms. Sod the halls of healing GIVE US GOLD REALMS!!!

Gold relms wont help. Everyone complained about the last one and the amount you got. Just be smart about ranking champs. Unless you plan on competing for number 1 rank in arena, you dont need to take 4*'s to r4/5 and 5*'s to rank 3.

This position makes little sense to me. Of course gold realms help. Anytime you can earn more in one sitting, then it will help your resource issue. This is true regardless of whether the amounts from realms have decreased.

Gold realms are a quick fix not a actual solution to the overall problem "some" are experiencing. I might be off on the totals but I think the last realm it was 100k overall for the total run on hard difficulty. This amount can be easily attained through a few rounds of arena through milestones and extra BC chips and it doesn't cost energy either. So really, there are "gold realms" already in the form of arena. No one says you need to rank in arena for it to profitable.

It still doesn’t make sense. More opportunities are just that: more opportunities to obtain more gold. It is still helpful. Your position that it doesn’t help flies in the face of reality. And that’s before we start analyzing the fact that you can get more gold in a gold realm than in arena. Maybe you overstated your position, but that position150practically indefensible.

Well the reality is that without gold realms there are ways to progress how you want. It's as plain and simple as that. The facts are there are some that people will work for what they need and then the others just want the easy road and handouts.

Okay. I agree. There are ways to progress currently in place. Now will you agree that gold realms help counter a lack of gold?

No i won't because there isn't a lack of gold just a lack of effort.

Well some of us dont want to spend all day in arena cos we actually have a life

Dont need all day. That point has been made several times through out this thread.

Of course you skirt the question. Why would want to defend your contradicting statements in the first place just to come back and say you don't have a gold problem. And people call me a troll.

First off no question was skirted... I will always take 5* shards over gold, because if I don't have good champs there's no use for gold. And there's your answer, I choose to use my time to get shards because they are more valuable.

Second, the reason I commented on this thread is because all I see here is people trying to tell others how to play the game. I currently don't have an extreme shortage of gold but I have in the recent past which is why I completely understand where the OP is coming from. I think it's ridiculous that people feel the need to come on here and tell those with gold shortage to spend an extra hour each day in arena. If someone posts on the forum about gold shortage it is logical to assume that they are not stupid and that they do not have extra time for arena.

Whether people want to admit it or not, arena is not structured so that all people can play it. Arena is mind numbing and a huge time commitment. So when someone posts on the forum don't go insult them by telling them to spend more time in the game. It is not a problem for someone to want an easier way to get gold. Frankly I don't understand why there are so many people who don't want an easier way to get gold. It doesn't harm anyone surely? Unless of course you guys prefer to see other people struggle in the game?

Again I am not in dire need of gold because I am very picky about who I rank, I am just defending a fellow summoner who is having issues that I completely understand. I don't understand why people on the forums are so critical. It's like you guys just hunt for threads where you can tell people they're wrong.
    edited September 2018

First off no question was skirted... I will always take 5* shards over gold, because if I don't have good champs there's no use for gold. And there's your answer, I choose to use my time to get shards because they are more valuable.

Second, the reason I commented on this thread is because all I see here is people trying to tell others how to play the game. I currently don't have an extreme shortage of gold but I have in the recent past which is why I completely understand where the OP is coming from. I think it's ridiculous that people feel the need to come on here and tell those with gold shortage to spend an extra hour each day in arena. If someone posts on the forum about gold shortage it is logical to assume that they are not stupid and that they do not have extra time for arena.

Whether people want to admit it or not, arena is not structured so that all people can play it. Arena is mind numbing and a huge time commitment. So when someone posts on the forum don't go insult them by telling them to spend more time in the game. It is not a problem for someone to want an easier way to get gold. Frankly I don't understand why there are so many people who don't want an easier way to get gold. It doesn't harm anyone surely? Unless of course you guys prefer to see other people struggle in the game?

Again I am not in dire need of gold because I am very picky about who I rank, I am just defending a fellow summoner who is having issues that I completely understand. I don't understand why people on the forums are so critical. It's like you guys just hunt for threads where you can tell people they're wrong.

All this word salad and you still didnt address the contradiction you made. You said "That's fine like I said, I know my limitations, I can spend time completing EQ and special events, but I cannot justify spending extra time in arena.".
    Here is the contradiction- you dont have time for any arena, but would have time for an extra quest? Please explain how 1 hr in arena is too time consuming but spending time completing 4 difficuties on a gold quest is any less time consuming? It still adds to what you are normally doing or stated you are doing. If you don't have time for arena, you dont have time for a gold quest either.

All this word salad and you still didnt address the contradiction you made. You said "That's fine like I said, I know my limitations, I can spend time completing EQ and special events, but I cannot justify spending extra time in arena.".
    Here is the contradiction- you dont have time for any arena, but would have time for an extra quest? Please explain how 1 hr in arena is too time consuming but spending time completing 4 difficuties on a gold quest is any less time consuming? It still adds to what you are normally doing or stated you are doing. If you don't have time for arena, you dont have time for a gold quest either.

The difference is that 1 hour in arena is not comparable to 1 hour in a gold quest. In the past when I have played gold quests I have actually only been able to complete the top two difficulties and not all of them. And when they ran every 7 hours I missed many of them because I was busy in real life. So when it comes down to it, I only spent maybe 20 minutes in the gold quests to get a large chunk of gold whereas I would spend an hour in arena to get a much smaller chunk of gold.
    Our arguement is not about whether there should be an easier way to get gold. Our arguement is against the statement that there is a gold shortage when there isn't a shortage. Shortage implies limited quantities which there isn't. Of course everyone would love easier ways to get gold but you can't say theres a shortage.
    This is like saying the tv remote is 5 feet away. Instead of getting up to go get it, give me an extension pole with a grabber so i don't have to get up.
    Here is my issue with arena. If you have one hour to play the game each day, where are you going to choose to spend that hour? Most likely playing EQ, AQ, AW, and other monthly content. The time spent vs the rewards earned is much much less in arena then it is in those other game modes, which is why people would rather play the other modes. Along with that arena is the most "grindy" part of the game which turns a lot of people off. There are players who enjoy the grind and players who hate the grind. It makes no sense to have arena be the solution to a gold shortage because this only benefits those players who enjoy the grind.

I support 100% arena grinders getting a leg up over those who don't have time or just can't stomach arena. However, I do not support one of the vital resources in the game being "exclusive" to arena. I put quotes because I realize it is not exclusively available in arenas. Arena is the only place that it is available in large quantities though. There may not be a gold shortage for arena grinders, but there is a gold shortage for those not grinding arenas. Again I support arena grinders having an advantage over those who can't or won't grind, but not on the scale that we currently see it and most definitely not with such a vital resource as gold.
    Here is my issue with arena. If you have one hour to play the game each day, where are you going to choose to spend that hour? Most likely playing EQ, AQ, AW, and other monthly content. The time spent vs the rewards earned is much much less in arena then it is in those other game modes, which is why people would rather play the other modes. Along with that arena is the most "grindy" part of the game which turns a lot of people off. There are players who enjoy the grind and players who hate the grind. It makes no sense to have arena be the solution to a gold shortage because this only benefits those players who enjoy the grind.

I support 100% arena grinders getting a leg up over those who don't have time or just can't stomach arena. However, I do not support one of the vital resources in the game being "exclusive" to arena. I put quotes because I realize it is not exclusively available in arenas. Arena is the only place that it is available in large quantities though. There may not be a gold shortage for arena grinders, but there is a gold shortage for those not grinding arenas. Again I support arena grinders having an advantage over those who can't or won't grind, but not on the scale that we currently see it and most definitely not with such a vital resource as gold.

If You only have an hour to play a day then you arent ever going to be at a point where you need gold anyway.
This discussion has been closed.