**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mordo new counter?

Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
When parrying and using heavy with AA against mordo the astral evade works and you hit mordo but degen doesn’t occur.. is it working as intended?
Only with heavy.. if you stun him and use light or medium degen occurs...
Can anyone confirm if it’s a bug or working as intended?

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Did mordo have a neurotoxin prior to this? Neurotoxin may have reduced ability accuracy, preventing him from astral evading.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    is neurotoxin ability reduction applicable to mordo? I know concussion does( not only his astral evade but his power gain also) but neurotoxin as well?
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    edited September 2018
    AA heavy does not trigger astral evade, that's how its been always.

Also, if you keep making useless posts, I'll bring my Blade and wreck your mordo anyways.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Iceman is for me the best counter to mordo if you are worried about the astral evade plus him in general.

Keep coldsnap active and just go to town no astral evade. Also for powergain if he just holds and gets to sp3 no worries with icearmor active no matter his level.

Basically start the fight and just hammer away as you would normally do anyone else and spam sp2. When he holds and doesn't attack in the corner while powrrgaining heavy him for the extra damage from the charges.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Multi-hit heavy attacks can be a partial counter to Mordo's astral evade. It's a timing issue. These guys seem reliable:
    Electra
    X-23
    Archangel

Drax's multi-hit medium attack is (famously) no longer a counter. Not sure if anyone tried Domino's medium, especially post-20.0. Any other reliable multi-hit champions?

Fatigue is the best counter; making original Captain America a beast against Mordo. Ant Man, Joe Fixit and Spider-Gwen also drop Fatigue reliably, making them pretty effective counters. So, you know, all the top champions!
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    Not sure if anyone tried Domino's medium, especially post-20.0.

I just tested it with my domino against AlexVanDamme's mordo. Didn't work so we can scratch that off the list.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    GR works great against mordo, time and SP1 correctly and the power gain is gone for the rest of the fight
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Zee_Reborn wrote: »
    To my knowledge, X23 and Elektra's heavy no longer work. I'll test it.

Also, the only 100% counter without using a heavy is Sabretooth.

I know everyone thinks IWIM is only for defense but his med and heavy don’t get astral evaded. He can parry Mordo all day long. Repulsor attacks homie!

ntsb5v8ugwwc.png

I have tested this several tiles and works every time.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    I used to bring Blade + GR when i see a lot of Mordo in AW map. But now i bring KM and Void instead, KM true strike take down astral evade anytime.
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    Guys it's going off topic I was asking if the heavy by AA ignoring astral evade is normal or a bug... I didn't ask for counters for mordo
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    new counter, archangel came out 1 year ago
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    And iceman shut Down mordo evade to.
  • AA heavy working is more of a bug most likely (not counting if you have toxins), similar but little different than Drax. Drax timing of his quick two hit medium worked around it but they always stated that was a bug and they eventually fixed with frame rates. Currently a few champs with drawn out heavies can also get around it at times but not always - things like limber at times mess up timing of hits and can still lead to an astral evade.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Not sure if anyone tried Domino's medium, especially post-20.0.

I just tested it with my domino against AlexVanDamme's mordo. Didn't work so we can scratch that off the list.

Cool name, Ivar.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Antman is a good counter, place a fatigue on him an he can't astral evade,same with og cap