**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are danger rooms worth it?

I am an early to mid-range fighter. I just got to a point where I have 20+ new 4 star fighters that need to be ranked up.

Is it worth to divert the ISO I could use on 4 star fighters to a bunch of 2 star fighters and stunt my overall progression?

Are danger rooms worth it? 135 votes

Yes - a strong low-end pool can be helpful
45%
VoluntarisStara99KpatrixBadroseLeNoirFaineantTimone147CFreeJamesMGriffoplaySpity68SmokingSurferI_ZERO_IThatsausageAxeCopFireAdamdrt2006AppleisgodSpeedbumpOnlyOneAboveAllElDiabroGrafikdev 61 votes
No - it is a new resource sink to suck time and money
40%
Captain_KandiceChadhoganBrainimpacterDarkstar4387ADDIS0NINTEGRALTendersquadCapt_MegasauceCondemnedToeDrummer16sha2356__TaimurKhanNightCrackerNorthwestbrosefGQuantaoSKOutsiderDarkrider05username7312GrimmbananaMcfly89 55 votes
Not sure - this could be helpful in future events
14%
belli300Daredevi1Fan7SlappapowSharkPowerr99Hammerbro_64Crimsontide1616YouconfusedACIDUCKSwayam18ChampioncriticRetsrowsbeeFortuneFhfjghhggggjfhfjgAdityatheaawesomLordNeoCaptain_ArmaxTomstar124LoctiteSuperGlue 19 votes

Comments

• thegrimmlingthegrimmling Posts: 167
    I personally feel it is a resource sink to distract from the fact that there is a resource earning problem for mid-range and higher players on earning iso, catalyst, and gold.

I need higher than t3c resources, but earning it is slow and powering up 2 star fighters seems to be a waste.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Getting 2300 5 star shards weekly from doing just the top 2 ones is pretty good
    Pennmabob wrote: »
    Well u get a decent amount of five star shards and other stuff. I guess I'd need to know more stuff, like your best champs, and how much gold and iso you have.

I am kind of at "wall" right now.

My gold hangs around 1.5 mil, when it dies get higher, a 4 star champ rank-up knocks it back down.

I am focusing on getting them all to rank 3 maxed for AW.

I have a broken thumb right now, so Act 4 and daily events above hard I can't play too well.

So basic T4C earning is slow.

I could use some practice to Perry better though.

Base hero raking 79k. 1 5 star champ, Venompool.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    well its not like you're maxing out all your 2*s, just 3 of them will do
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    The rewards add up at the end. T2A is extremely valuable
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    2* rank ups are still pretty inexpensive. And the way they’ve sold this event, I expect there will be more things similar in the future. I’d go ahead and do the minimum you need to get through. The rewards add up pretty nicely at the end too.
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    Can't really make a solid decsion at the moment because we havent gone through a whole week of the mini-quest. Uncanny Danger Rooms still haven't popped up yet.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    they are cool and you don't need to do it all everyday, but if you're bored and don't wanna play the EQ because of the massive lag, you do this and get 100 5* shards.

not that great but chill, i like to use 2* and 3* in new quests
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The energy cost is a non factor if you plan your time well, and if you are a newer player without a strong 4&5* roster then ranking up 2&3* champs is a good idea to maximize arena points for more gold.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Yapp, everybody complaint in the past of the uselessness of 2 and 3*.
    Finaly Kabam found a way they can be usefull.
    I like that very much!
    Think of the 2* arena last year that grants at 1 Million points a 5*
    That was awesome.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    TBD until uncanny day seven
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I’ve been around a LONG time so my 3*s used to be my life. Plus the enemies even in epic don’t get that high anyways so a few 3/30 will suffice

Add up all the shards and fragments and in the end they’re worth it as a quick event that pays off over time
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    They are about to beef up the boss in epic and nerf the one in master
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    They are about to beef up the boss in epic and nerf the one in master

they already did that after the first day. cauze Master was more dificult than epic.

i understand it that way it stays now as it is. and even the Gwenpool Event was full doable with 2*. Even Epic, with a fistfull skill...
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    You can’t only determine worth by resource to reward, unless you are under the impression this game will somehow pay off for you IRL? I find this quest to be fun, and I clear it for that! I sort of preferred the harder 2* master quest.
    After completing thus week's danger room.... Not doing it again.

Waste of resources.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Thanks for making this a totally bias poll. Keep pushing your agenda pall.