**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Not sure how I feel about this....

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
I was selected to do beta coming up. They said that there would be absolutely no reward for doing this. it also said that we would not be able to keep anything we earn in beta mode. So basically we have to be ok with losing time in the game to earn rewards? It's one thing to not receive any type of payment for this, it's another thing to not be able to earn any rewards while doing this. There will be alot of people who will lack incentive to do this. If they had to pay professionals, it would certainly cost alot more that a some in game items or currency that don't actually cost them anything. Not allowing testers to keep anything they EARN is just greed gone overboard. Ill probably do the beta refardless. I just think it's a shame that a company that makes millions off of a game can't do something for loyal players who they ask to help them.

Comments

• Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Your ‘reward’ is gaining early access to upcoming buffs and providing input to Kabam.
    It’s not exactly fair if Kabam chooses people randomly that some people get to have more rewards just because they were randomly selected for a programme
    Additionally if you don’t agree with how the programme is run then don’t opt in
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    It's your choice to join or not..
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    You don't have to stay on all day. I was lucky enough to get to do it for Cage/Rulk and it didn't take very much time or effort to play a little while and notice the differences.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Not allowing testers to keep anything they EARN is just greed gone overboard.

You win the prize for most ironic statement of the day.

Now GTFO.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You're helping your fellow Summoners by taking part in the beta test, something that will ultimately redound to the benefit of the entire playing community. Shouldn't that be payment enough?

And as others have said, you don't have to take part if you feel it is taking too much time away from your regular gameplay. But you will be doing a disservice to your fellow Summoners by not taking part, in my opinion.
  • you can toggle between the beta test and your main account at will and it’s easy to do...
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Many who actually invested in a 5* venom or pull a featured 5* carnage would love to be in this beta program but isn't selected... If you aren't going to be a decent contributor because there's no reward you should opt out and give the chance and opportunity to someone who just care more about it. The first hand experience and the constructive feedback to kabam is the greatest rewards to fix these broken champs.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Personally one of the most rewarding experiences I ever have in this game is testing out a champ I'm not familiar with. Getting to be among a select group granted early testing access sounds like it's own reward.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Many who actually invested in a 5* venom or pull a featured 5* carnage would love to be in this beta program but isn't selected... If you aren't going to be a decent contributor because there's no reward you should opt out and give the chance and opportunity to someone who just care more about it. The first hand experience and the constructive feedback to kabam is the greatest rewards to fix these broken champs.
    neb wrote: »
    Personally one of the most rewarding experiences I ever have in this game is testing out a champ I'm not familiar with. Getting to be among a select group granted early testing access sounds like it's own reward.

That’s why I’m so upset I didn’t get in... 😞
    I like having a say in the matter...I can be devils advocate in most scenarios and I love the symbiote peeps, so... oh well.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    they have to say you cant keep any rewards....

cus there is a chance the champs being tested will prove to be OP and allow you to finish alot of content easier than you otherwise could.....
    Imagine if venom and carnage were sooo OP that it enabled a lvl 30 player to complete LOL during the BETA and were then able to step back into the real game with all the rewards.....
    imagine the boost that would give them...
    unlikely but quite possible....