**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ANOTHER new bug!!

So this has been something I noticed recently but never thought too much of, until just today it happened again.

I was fighting a Classic Spider-Man on the Stun Immune/Unblockable SP1 semi boss node in war, and in the past you were able to evade his projectile web and block the following punches. HOWEVER, this time I evaded the web projectiles but the following punches went right through my block and smacked me. Now I thought okay maybe my finger wasn't blocking or I didn't block in time etc, so I proceeded to do the same thing on the next special he threw and the SAME THING happened.

As with any unblockable special only the initial part of the special should be unblockable however now it seems the entire special animation is.

PS: Funny that these "bugs" only seem to occur in Alliance War...

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    No no bug. It has always ben the procjilt u culd blok and u had to evade he. Punch
  • Gamer wrote: »
    No no bug. It has always ben the procjilt u culd blok and u had to evade he. Punch

What a mess to read that was, but no that's wrong. Thanks for playing
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    U can only block the projectile of spdey and his punch and uppercut is the unblockable part
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

No you’re wrong, block the webs and evade the punches, always been this way
  • Gamer wrote: »

No you’re wrong, block the webs and evade the punches, always been this way

Considering I've been doing it this way for as long as I can remember without issue now all of a sudden it doesn't work is strange. Either way there doesn't seem to be any consistency, why am I not surprised.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    I just took down Classic Spidey in labyrinth this morning. If you block webs and try to evade punches from too far away, you won’t be able to evade the punches. You have to be close when he throws it or you have to just evade like a mofo to try and avoid everything.

Thanks for playing the Contest of Champions.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    In short, it still works, you must’ve been too far away.
  • LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    I’ve always evaded the webs and then Spidey sort of just stays where he is at and punches air. As long as you have some distance when he starts the special, he shouldn’t dash up into your block if you evade the webs. If your trying to evade when he’s right in front, it won’t work.
  • It’s always been unblockable punches and blockable webs, you don’t need to dodge the webs at all but the punches you need to block
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    TheDarkSN wrote: »
    It’s always been unblockable punches and blockable webs, you don’t need to dodge the webs at all but the punches you need to block

Concur. Unblockable sp1 spidey gets guys who try to dex the web attack and mistime, leading to punches in the face. If you successfully dex the web, spidey punches air, unless you're too close and eat fists. If you block the web attack, you don't have the recovery time between the string to dex the punches, which are unblockable.
    I just went thru 3 spideys including the unblockable sp1 and boss. Worked as usual. Personally I try to push that sp2.
    Hope that clears that up
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i LOVE reading people overreacting to things that have always been in the game