**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Underappreciated champ: Sentinel

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
So thanks to te 3* danger rooms I’ve had some time with my 3* Sentinel lately. And I honestly do not believe he gets the respect he should.

Let’s start with his defensive abilities. Both his armor and immunities are top notch and that’s not even mentioning that if you get clipped the odds of a Crit are nigh impossible unless you’re facing someone akin to Angela or Karnak.

When Duped be gains a “mixed” ability that increases his charge gain when enemies use the same special more than once in a fight and reduces power consumption on specials as well as dampens power drain/burn abilities of the opponent

Offensive… he’s a tank. Literally a tank with legs and an attitude problem.

Sp1 has healblock and multiple chances for armor break which stacks

Sp2 has 5 Incinerate guaranteed each dealing 50% base attack totaling 250% base attack. It used to be standard that special bleeds were 200% making this an impressive feat as incinerate immunity is very rare

Heavy attack has a 100% shock and this stacks with multiple triggers.

“Big whoop his DoT is still pathetic”
That is true until you consider his charges. It’s relatively easy to stack them by hitting the opponents block a few times.

Ah but that attack rating increases by up to 50%

Shock goes from 100% to 150%
Incinerate from 250% to 375%

And then another special bonus. At max charges all his built in debuff have double duration.

Shock deals 400% base attack
Incinerate 750%

5/50 4* with no masteries and max charges deal 7300 shock damage on a heavy attack and over 18k on an Sp2 in DoT alone plus a 50% boost to all his attacks.

Also another bonus is that the incinerate goes through block at max charges. Sorry IMIW you’re still taking all that

Comments

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah he's a beast. There's some great videos of a 5* against LoL Rulk... I'd be happier than anything if I pull him a a 6* in a couple days
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i love sentinels
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Champions who take more than parry and attack often get overlooked. Sentinel’s incinerate DOT is massive enough for the 5* r4 version to be a decent option to clear LOL’s easy path.
  • i used my 5* sentinel to get me through RoL. which i kinda did by accident. i wanted to see how far i could get without using resources and the next thing i knew i was done. with the help of scarlet witch (for the cosmics where sentinel had class disadvantage) hank (i call him “hank the tank”) made it all the way through RoL without using a single resource. and i was just telling my alliance mate who has a 5* that he needs to rank his up. it makes me happy to see hank getting the respect i feel he deserves.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I think most people don’t realize that tapping the enemies block a few times isn’t that hard

Play him similar to Archangel or Hyperion after set up and suddenly you’re ripping apart huge amounts of HP with almost no effort. Especially love heavy spamming the enemy against the wall for 2-3 shocks. I believe at 5/50 and no suicides/courage that would be up to 22k and change plus regular damage so say around 24-25k total
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Sentinel is awesome and fun to play. That sp2 ...
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    He was my last 5* pull, definitely planning on taking him to R3.
  • ShadyOneShadyOne Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    Got him as a 6*. Build up the charges, he hits plenty hard, and can take a beating. Used him for some of the act 5 content that needed immunity, was great

Also gets a kill or 2 on AW defense. Dupe not needed. Happy to have him

Also like the fact all his specials are useful. On those longer fights, you can get to 2 L3 and use the regen
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Sentinel is awesome. Idk why you say he’s under appreciated. Haven’t seen anyone complain about him and there’s a bunch of YouTube videos praising him
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i think most people dont place him on like defense and what not just because every one fights at least 5 a day.
    otherwise yeah i think hes cool too
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    I place my r4 5* (awakened) on defense every war. For awhile he became a roadblock. Hasn’t been getting as many KO/timeouts lately though.
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    My vote would be Phoenix as the most under appreciated champ. Players over look her effectiveness even at end game content
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 92
    Sentinel will be my 3rd R5 5* in a few months. He is definitely my favourite double immune champ.