**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nerfing of Champs without telling us !!!

You guys nerf multiple champs without notice. Darmammu and Magik along with others. This is complete garbage. If you are gonna do **** like this you guys owe us rank down tickets. The whole reason we rank these champs are their abilities. By you changing them we should have the option to rank them down and get the resources we used in them back. Just another example of you guys screwing us once again.

Comments

• Options
    whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    i know the dormammu situation, whats wrong with magik?
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Dormammu is bugged, Magik is fine. They stopped silent Nerfs long ago.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Have they confirmed a "bug"? I've seen post after post, but no mod confirmation.

I haven't noticed Magik is any different... OP, can you show before and after screen shots?
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Have they confirmed a "bug"? I've seen post after post, but no mod confirmation.

I haven't noticed Magik is any different... OP, can you show before and after screen shots?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9899/dormmamus-sig-broken-bug-confirmed#latest
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Can someone confirm this? I was planning on getting 4 in MD this week
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★

Like when maxed Parry was changed from 33% to 25%?

• Options
    JimmyTempsJimmyTemps Posts: 25
    Kinda like all the items I wasted on pure skill and it is still broke.
  • Options
    JimmyTemps wrote: »

That's not a Nerf, that's a bug.
  • Options
    MikeHock wrote: »

Where are you getting percentages from?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Max Parry wasn't changed from 33% to 25%, at least not directly. Parry was changed to a flat stat bonus in 12.0. That made the Parry bonus subject to DR. In 12.0.1, they changed Parry from a flat stat within DR to a bonus outside of DR. It is at that point Parry's maximum buff became 25%.

My recollection is also that this wasn't a nerf on average. The average block stat in 12.0 generated a net block percentage slightly higher than the average block percentage in 11.0, so the Parry stat bonus was reduced to match. But because DR made that bonus much lower in net effect (that's what DR does) the stat bonus was converted to a percentage bonus outside of DR. On average, block stat plus max Parry is in the same vicinity of what it was before.

The big exceptions were champs like Captain America (both of them) who had far higher block percentages which did not translate into the new DR system. Their blocking was buffed to partially compensate for that in 12.1.

Many of these changes (as in, practically all of them) were not explicitly described in patch notes, but I don't think they qualify as stealth nerfs, they were just part of the general screw up of not telling us exactly how the 12.0 changes worked, and frankly their own devs not apparently understanding how they worked themselves.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Once again, we don't silently nerf characters.

I will accept that this doesn't currently happen except by genuine accident. However: remember back on the old forums where I said that the general principle should be that *any* change that directly affects the players gameplay experience should be put in the patch notes and you replied that was, in fact, the principle Kabam was using to construct patch notes? AI changes apparently somehow do not count as a game change that directly affects player gameplay experience.

I find that difficult to justify.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Quoted post has been removed

The 20% refers to her chance to pop limbo when she fills a bar of energy....not how much of the health loss she recovers....reading is fun! Checked with 2 people that have a 5* Magik at rank 4.....they are getting 100% of the health loss returned from limbo....
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Max Parry wasn't changed from 33% to 25%, at least not directly. Parry was changed to a flat stat bonus in 12.0. That made the Parry bonus subject to DR. In 12.0.1, they changed Parry from a flat stat within DR to a bonus outside of DR. It is at that point Parry's maximum buff became 25%.

My recollection is also that this wasn't a nerf on average. The average block stat in 12.0 generated a net block percentage slightly higher than the average block percentage in 11.0, so the Parry stat bonus was reduced to match. But because DR made that bonus much lower in net effect (that's what DR does) the stat bonus was converted to a percentage bonus outside of DR. On average, block stat plus max Parry is in the same vicinity of what it was before.

The big exceptions were champs like Captain America (both of them) who had far higher block percentages which did not translate into the new DR system. Their blocking was buffed to partially compensate for that in 12.1.

Many of these changes (as in, practically all of them) were not explicitly described in patch notes, but I don't think they qualify as stealth nerfs, they were just part of the general screw up of not telling us exactly how the 12.0 changes worked, and frankly their own devs not apparently understanding how they worked themselves.

Okay, now I get what was meant by percentages. Yes, when Flat Rates were introduced, how things worked itself changed. This effected almost all aspects of the game. Instead of elaborating on how 90% of the game had changed, Kabam just said "Stuff's different, go have fun.". They didn't nerf things, they were just edited by the new system.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★

Where are you getting percentages from?

Before the 12.0 update, Parry maxed said it reduced 33%. Now, Parry maxed shows 25% reduction.
  • Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★

that's not a bug, Pure skill was fine with the old system, but now that Crits already ignore armor, it's redundant and useless. Not bugged, but should be reworked
  • Options
    Fel_95 wrote: »

that's not a bug, Pure skill was fine with the old system, but now that Crits already ignore armor, it's redundant and useless. Not bugged, but should be reworked

I thought he meant the last useless levels of it.
  • Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★

Fair enough, but it's not worded correctly. Bug is when something isn't working as supposed to, and sadly Pure skill (even though it sucks after 12.0) does work correctly based on the new mechanics. It should be reworked indeed, but it's not bugged.
  • Options

Fair enough, but it's not worded correctly. Bug is when something isn't working as supposed to, and sadly Pure skill (even though it sucks after 12.0) does work correctly based on the new mechanics. It should be reworked indeed, but it's not bugged.

I meant that there is a bug where the last levels do nothing whatsoever, even before 12.0. I see what you're saying now, but I thought the user was referring to the first things I said.
  • Options

It is honestly very difficult to say in simple terms whether this situation is a bug or a nerf, because the entire thing is a mess, and to be frank most players do not know everything that is going on here. In fact, long after discussions about Pure Skill died off, it was apparently discovered that there was *another* subtle bug in the way armor works that was discussed on Reddit, that involves a specific parameter that caps armor percentage from reaching 100% (which would of course be broken) being incorrectly set by the game code to an obviously incorrectly low level.

In other words, much of the reason why we couldn't get Pure Skill testing to show a coherent picture of what was going on was that Armor itself wasn't, and likely still isn't working correctly in all cases. I'm actually annoyed by the fact the devs won't discuss this problem with the players directly (they almost never do in general) and it is a very difficult and expensive problem to rigorously test. I burned thousands of units into Pure Skill testing only to discover that the testing was mooted by broken armor cap implementation.

The cost itself doesn't bother me: that was entirely my choice to do that. What really bothers me is that I'm one of the most well-informed players MCOC has, and if I think the mechanics are weird, opaque, and inconsistent, there's little chance the vast majority of players has any idea what is going on from one moment to the next.
This discussion has been closed.