**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Day 1 map 5 aq GG mini stronger than normal?

Anyone else notice if the GG mini is alot stronger than normal on day 1?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Did your alliance increase in prestige?
  • NoWayBroNoWayBro Posts: 153
    No we actually dropped about 70 pnts
    I know it can fluctuate some as it's a percentage range and not a fixed PI.
  • MaddMatt05MaddMatt05 Posts: 286
    I had trouble taking him down before the timeout, which is unusual, as I’ve never had that issue before on day 1 with the same champ
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    I caught myself wondering this as well, as GG one shot me with a special from about 85%, which I don't think it ever did before. Also, a "mistimed" parry that resulted in a block did a lot more damage then anyone but dorm did in AQ before.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I had no issue with GG mini.
    Had an allymate say same thing about GG hitting into his block @Narcuul
  • _fr3do__fr3do_ Posts: 48
    We noticed the same in our map5. Our boss killers never got Ko before on a mini and now they did.
  • Looks like he may have got champion boost with attack now ? If so his attack should be more aligned with other maps now and no more easy 3k attack map5 mini
    I wouldn’t put it past them to try sneaking that in
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I took considerably more block damage than usual. Still got him down easily but if it stays this way, day 5 will be brutal.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Mystery solved folks, @Voluntaris didn't have any issue with him, everyone can move along now.

He definitely seemed more like a Day 3 mini. I went in with a full health Blade against the section 1 GG (with GR/Stark) and ate one 4 hit combo that took me down to 2%. Was lucky enough to regen back to about 30% and finished the fight, but his attack definitely seemed higher than normal for Day 1.

-Suits

Was providing my empirical experience only, since OP asked.

In no way did I attempt to invalidate others experiences.

As for why some may be finding him a bit tougher, more than likely has to do with how season 5 AQ is translating alliance prestige into the power strength of AQ opponents [since that has been reworked, per the original Season 5 announcement].

-Vol
    edited September 2018
    @Voluntaris If it were simply prestiege, wouldn’t the whole map most likely feel harder as well? I’m skeptical of it being just a prestiege calculation, because I don’t feel a noteable difference with the rest of the run.

While you had no issue, does that also mean you noticed no difference at all as well?
    MaddMatt05 wrote: »
    @Voluntaris If it were simply prestiege, wouldn’t the whole map most likely feel harder as well? I’m skeptical of it being just a prestiege calculation, because I don’t feel a noteable difference with the rest of the run.

While you had no issue, does that also mean you noticed no difference at all as well?

Could the possibility exist that you played poorly and looking to place blame? Could it be that he wasn't actually harder and its just in your head? Could it be a number of different possibilities but this one possibility fits the conspiracy adgena so people are running with it?
    edited September 2018
    @Demonzfyre Had I died, and not timed out, I would be more inclined to think it was just me playing poorly, but since I times out, and he had 50% of his health still remaining, when in the past I’ve taken him out in one go, I’m less inclined to think it was just me having a bad day. Normally, I would readily admit to poor play, but the timeout + the significant amount of health GG had left made me ponder if it was something else.

Also, I never inplied any conspiracies, that was someone else. More likely, if its confirmed, its like the same bug where the percentage increase displayed for a stat, and the actual percentage increase don’t line up.
    My ? is simple. Did you notice a difference in Day 1 AQ GG mini’s strength when fighting him? I did not ask if he was harder to fight r if u played poorly against him. U can play great and notice a difference in strength of a champ by simply taking block damage as @BirdReynolds stated.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

Could the possibility exist that you played poorly and looking to place blame? Could it be that he wasn't actually harder and its just in your head? Could it be a number of different possibilities but this one possibility fits the conspiracy adgena so people are running with it?

Not only a possibility, but I fully admitted to playing poorly and eating a 4 hit combo to the face (fortunately recovered and still got the 1 shot btw), but the damage output was much greater than normal - took my 5/50 Blade from 100% to 2%. I don't recall if those hits were all crits or not, so I supposed there is a chance I was just unlucky and the damage was legit. Even parried blocks were doing a noticeable amount of damage, taking off around 5% health at a time. I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I'm fine with that, but rather sharing my experience that the fight did seem a bit overpowered for Day 1 as the OP was asking.

-Suits
    @Demonzfyre Had I died, and not timed out, I would be more inclined to think it was just me playing poorly, but since I times out, and he had 50% of his health still remaining, when in the past I’ve taken him out in one go, I’m less inclined to think it was just me having a bad day. Normally, I would readily admit to poor play, but the timeout + the significant amount of health GG had left made me ponder if it was something else.

Also, I never inplied any conspiracies, that was someone else. More likely, if its confirmed, its like the same bug where the percentage increase displayed for a stat, and the actual percentage increase don’t line up.

But you are basing all of this off 1 fight. What happens later today if you 1 shot him with no issue? Everyone is so quick to say "secret" changes or spout false info. (Not saying it was you) before getting actual facts. 1 fight is a off chance, consistant fights with issues is substantial.
  • Voluntaris wrote: »
    StL_Suits wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Mystery solved folks, @Voluntaris didn't have any issue with him, everyone can move along now.

He definitely seemed more like a Day 3 mini. I went in with a full health Blade against the section 1 GG (with GR/Stark) and ate one 4 hit combo that took me down to 2%. Was lucky enough to regen back to about 30% and finished the fight, but his attack definitely seemed higher than normal for Day 1.

-Suits

Was providing my empirical experience only, since OP asked.

In no way did I attempt to invalidate others experiences.

As for why some may be finding him a bit tougher, more than likely has to do with how season 5 AQ is translating alliance prestige into the power strength of AQ opponents [since that has been reworked, per the original Season 5 announcement].

-Vol

I was making light of your first comment offering nothing constructive to the conversation. Your response to me does provide sound reasoning though and is likely pretty spot on to why we're seeing the difference.

-Suits
    Very insightful @Demonzfyre. If only there were some place where players could pool their experiences, something like say... a forum, where they could see if many players, with many first fights were sharing their experience. That would be swell. If only such a place existed...

This is the exact place to do so but how can you only go off 1 fight with nothing to back it up? When you have no evidence of change, gather it first and then state the problem. Now, if you had a screen shot or video with dat 1 stats from the old AQ against GG compared to new AQ GG that showed a drastic change, I wouldnt be questioning anything. "Feelings" aren't evidence as they are subject to mood and influenced by opiniins.
  • BADFOXBADFOX Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

"Feelings" aren't evidence as they are subject to mood and influenced by opiniins."

God man you need some Sexo-sexo

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    “Did we change everything around on you and beef up the mini bosses? To help you succeed, give us $30 and you can item your way through AQ!”

SSSSHHHHHAAAAAAAADDDDDDYYYY
    “Did we change everything around on you and beef up the mini bosses? To help you succeed, give us $30 and you can item your way through AQ!”

SSSSHHHHHAAAAAAAADDDDDDYYYY

@MaddMatt05 this is a prime example of what I'm talking about.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Did I just imagine that I read that they had added a bit more difficulty to AQ for the new season? I thought I read that in the announcement?

Not criticizing anyone's technique or whatever. I honestly thought I read that they had tuned it a little tighter, were open about it. Maybe my memory is bad, though?
    Ha, he does have a point though, but offering a questing pack is just good business. Not really shady. A lot of time people don’t deal with change well even if its not actually harder. Thats exactly why why I was suprised the same mini-boss, using the same offense felt significantly harder, whereas the new nodes and defenders didn’t feel more or less difficult, just different.