**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 20.0 version of the game. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Rj4uRj4u Posts: 1
    Kabam fix this lag on ipad mini.

https://youtu.be/HqXKie6GurQ
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Damn, yours is quite bad...

I also play on an iPad Mini 2, little over 2 years old, iOS 10.3.2. I don't experience any lag of the sort, even after grinding for a legends run that lasted 5+ hours (which I obviously won't get but that's another topic). Always running near 60 fps, but the Ultron arena might be a bit slower.
  • ReynoldoReynoldo Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: Reynoldo7
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (have not tested cellular)
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

New content added Dungeons , expect your devices to fry . get the frozen pea while playing game
    Have reported and confirm that phone is still over heating , but there is no point reporting any issues

because there is no response or reply from kabam

overheating will reduces the life of your device and battery

update

PERFORMANCE

Long loading between fights in arena , lag during AQ fights , network outages, and doing Quest a few missed parrys

Could be due to device getting hot

i am surprised by the issue impacting Brand new players, something removed from game

thank you my SUMMONER APPRECIATION gift , it arrived very late

I think patch 19.10 is picking up more bugs each day.

Will update soon, but expect a few more issues before my next update

Members play safe

update

The game is so unstable , constant network errors in all game modes, I have seen this is several youtube videos. It happens so often, it just part of the game now. Just too many bugs. its going to be a nightmare when new content is added to a unstable game (software) [/quote]

WiFi Only

Game Version 20.0

Latest update

Device gets hot after a few minutes of play, lag at the start of fights. I was expecting to test MD on all level from 1 to 5. But its locked so can not really carry out test on different mystic champions. Its good that support could test all level of MD and we can only test 1 level before its reset. I do have MD at level 5 its a pity I can not test as it is now locked. I was expecting to carry out test on different mastery builds with MD at different level. But thats in the bin now.

Will reduce my game time as device gets hot

Members/players play safe
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0
    Heating issue is a major problem it cause to lagging and crashing
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    In-Game Name: ericolor
    Device and Model: iPhone x
    Device Operating System: IOS 1.4.1
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Every mode

after DL the latest, it gets heater than before. The lugs occurs every fight and it is really bad effect for the important battle...
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    ydxm4ktlsoli.png
    ZTE Blade Spark. Horrible unresponsive controls (every fight) and horrible lag since update
    Cannot play the game. My wife also has horrible lag on the LG Stylo3
  • After I updated to v20, I'm experiencing some serious overheating issues again. The phone is literally uncomfortable to touch because it's so hot. A fully charged battery already dies within an hour and a half from the last time this was happening. Can't wait to see this game fully destroy my phone. Please fix asap. I can't keep playing if it's gonna destroy my phone. Thank you.

iphone 7 iOS 11.4.1
  • In-Game Name: Hünkar1453
    Device and Model: redmi 2
    Device Operating System: 7.1.2 android
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.
    All problem there I have, begin with new update,with 20.0.0. Before I don't have problem just was becoming my phone hot
  • SirLokiPogiSirLokiPogi Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: Istrovios
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. For Cellular - T-Mobile
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1 (but it started when 19.1 was installed)
    Game Mode: Arenas and Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: Multiple Champions. Lag regardless if action is by AI or myself. Game crashes much more frequently. I open app immediately after crash and as a result, when in Arenas ... sometimes I get to recover the fight, sometimes game says screw you and I lost the fight irrespective of my or AI hp. As stated above, this issue has been frequently noticeable once I updated to 19.1.

I did a test earlier in arenas where I started in 4* Basic arena
    1) 4 matches in the row with no issue, asked for Help for each Champion prior to starting subsequent match, on 3rd fight of 5th match, the game crashed.
    2) I relaunched game, continued with same pattern, i.e. asked Help for Champions. Same deal, on the 3rd fight of the 5th Match (10th one at this point), game crashes.
    3) I relaunched game, asked for Help for the 3 Champions of the 10th overall match.
    4) I then changed pattern where I DIDN'T ask for Help for Champions for the next matches up to the 5th. Game did not crash on 3rd fight of the 5th Match (15th one at this point).
    5) I asked for Help of all Champions.
    6) I moved to 4* Featured arena. I asked Help for Champions after each match. Game crashed on 3rd fight of the 5th Match.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    2shei127f6ke.png
    HTE Blade Spark, (no,I do not have the ghost Rider package) haha
    My in game name is Ahitlaw
    I have been experiencing extremely bad unresponsive controls like every fight. And now since the update that has gotten worse,and I have been experiencing extremely bad lag. So bad I gotta close my game,my phone warms up a lil but that's not concerning. Yet anyways.
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    In-Game Name: dtape
    Device and Model: iPhone 5
    Device Operating System: 10.3.3
    Cellular or WiFi: both wifi and vodafone NL
    Game Mode: EQ, arena
    Description of the Issue:
    Don't mean there is nothing happening in AW and AQ. Just always restart the app before fighting in such important alliance events.

Regarding EQ, since 20.0.0, after roughly a round of quest, e.g. EQ 2.2, next round, EQ 3.1, became laggy no matter if walking in the map or right before/during fighting. Furthermore, the emergent update 20.0.1 is even worse. After three or four fights, EQ became very laggy.

Arena has a similar issue as EQ. After a couple of rounds, loading pictures of champs takes very long time. That's an old issue since 18.0 or 19.0 for my iPhone 5. However, 20.0.1 makes before/during fighting much more laggy.
  • Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    In-Game Name: Enigma50
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, mainly WiFi
    Description of the Issue:
    Lag mainly occurs during a fight while either dashing forward, or while the defender is dashing at you.
    I also noticed that lag could occur right after you open the game, or a while after you've been playing.
    It happens in Arena, EQ, AQ and AW.
    However, sometimes when click on the info page to check out information about a certain character, the screen shows two characters, the one you want to check and another who was next to the one you wanted to see, or a character you viewed earlier.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device iPhone 7

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

New content added Dungeons , expect your devices to fry . get the frozen pea while playing game
    Have reported and confirm that phone is still over heating , but there is no point reporting any issues

because there is no response or reply from kabam

overheating will reduces the life of your device and battery

update

PERFORMANCE

Long loading between fights in arena , lag during AQ fights , network outages, and doing Quest a few missed parrys

Could be due to device getting hot

i am surprised by the issue impacting Brand new players, something removed from game

thank you my SUMMONER APPRECIATION gift , it arrived very late

I think patch 19.10 is picking up more bugs each day.

Will update soon, but expect a few more issues before my next update

Members play safe

update

The game is so unstable , constant network errors in all game modes, I have seen this is several youtube videos. It happens so often, it just part of the game now. Just too many bugs. its going to be a nightmare when new content is added to a unstable game (software)

WiFi Only

Game Version 20.0

Latest update

Device gets hot after a few minutes of play, lag at the start of fights. I was expecting to test MD on all level from 1 to 5. But its locked so can not really carry out test on different mystic champions. Its good that support could test all level of MD and we can only test 1 level before its reset. I do have MD at level 5 its a pity I can not test as it is now locked. I was expecting to carry out test on different mastery builds with MD at different level. But thats in the bin now.

Will reduce my game time as device gets hot

Members/players play safe [/quote]

update

Game Version 20.01

The MD testing on different mastery builds with MD at different level. has been resolved. But felt i should keep in my log

I can confirm after several hours in all game modes that the lag overheating and network alerts are still a ongoing issue

Expect to lose in fights to AI and arena in your match

I think the latest update has failed

will update soon but don't expect any changes to a unstable game

Comments please

Update

i wrote this in the patch 19.01 thread

its a very sad time in game, each update to game fails . How much damage will patch 20.0 cause

comments please

I am experiencing the same issues as every other members . The thing i dislike the most is when you get kicked out the game during AW.

I hope it does not too long to stabilize this game
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: championcritic
    Device and Model: ASUS zenfone 3
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Description of the Issue: just like everyone, I experience an intolerable lag after playing for a few minutes. Primarily it lags when navigating the crystals menu, navigating maps in all game modes, sometimes when scrolling down the champion list to pick my champs for arena
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    IGN: DragonFire2
    Device OS: iOS 11.4.1
    Full signal WiFi
    Installed version 20.0
    Mode: Alliance Wars
    Issue: Held block in the middle of the fight, and my character instead walked forward and didn’t block and got killed.
  • ForcejobuForcejobu Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: ForceJobu
    Device and Model: Iphone X and Ipad Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens on both wifi and cellular
    Game Version Installed: 20.0
    Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Device gets extremely hot to the touch and starts dropping connection to the servers. Also experiencing lag after phone and ipad heat up. Usually happens within about 5 to 10 minutes of logging into the game.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    jnikolas92
    iPhone 7
    ios 12.0
    Both Cellular and Wi-Fi
    Version 20.0.1
    All aspects of the game right from log-in/boot up. Fights, Crystal Menu, Champion Menu
    Device overheats within the first 3-5 minutes of gameplay, no matter what mode. Lag starts shortly after making the game virtually unplayable and has lead to dropping fights/resources. Extremely disappointed and frustrated with this issue and the waste of resources used to make up for the difficulty created.
  • in game name: C2killa

iphone se

ios11.4.1

cellular and wifi either and or both have same issues

game version 20.0

bugs and lagging and overheating and glitches in every game mode even danger rooms, dungeons, arena, all story mode all event quests and rol and rttl

unresponsive controls , overheating, lagging, missing buffs and damage nerfed, cant swipe back and forth without lifting finger between inputs since the guillotine uncollected quest, everything fails randomly. specials get blocked mid combo, game is unplayable past heroic mode even for r4 5* .. champs sometimes run around by themselves while blocking or with no input at all. overheating ruined my previous device and still has gone unchecked for over a year. bugs get worse if i use an energy refill.. and even worse if i use potions.. every year brings huge glitches after halls of healing so no loot is ever enough. i hate this game.. please fix it because i like marvel characters but not this game, too many bugs,, now every fight in aq even after maintenance has unresponsive controls and fury buffs not increasing damage and not showing damage in orange/red color.. and my 1800 attack 6* jugg is only doing 300 damage per hit and no crit rate.. my hulk froze in place during old man logans sp2 on the poison path in map 5.. iceman freezing and jugg took direct hit through block

xont67ns19fb.png
    fphwaeqmc8sn.png

• see not showing fury increase and crit rate non existant and taking direct hits through block and champ freezing in place constantly
  • DANIELBRDANIELBR Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: daniboyfoz
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both / VIVO BR
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: With this update the heating is back, in previous version, battery saver helped me to keep it a little colder, but now it doesnt work anymore
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    In-Game Name: DRTO
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi, never use cellular data on the game
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, arena, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: extreme lag, fights are still winnable in arena and event quest but with more difficult content it can mess you up pretty badly, causing you to lose champs.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 11.4.1
    Verizon LTE
    Terrible lag on & off WiFi

Between the plethora of bugs & now horrible lag I’m about to finally call it quits on this game. Pretty pathetic I can go from easily scoring 3M+ in aq to not being able to take out GG with 2 r5 5*’s. Lag has parry & evade timing horribly out of sync.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★
    In-Game Name: GivMeABeer
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights, loading delays
    This seems to happen the worst between 2-6pm EST, perhaps when more players are active in the game. I have a video but not sure how to post.
  • iPhone 7
    57R34K the MERC
    Latest IOS
    Both wifi and LTE
    Version 20
    All game modes.

1. Major lag -- frame skips and slow frame rate.
    2. Victory screen won't load. The game gets stuck on loading the victory screen almost every other fight and even after I restart my phone several times. This has costed me several revives during the months EQ and a LOT of health.
    3. Leveling up champs takes 20+ seconds after clicking the level up button. It sometimes takes restarting my phone as well.
    4. Characters freeze in place when the opponent gets knocked on his back. You can still see breathing animation.
This discussion has been closed.