**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Playing as Emma Frost

I apologize if this has been addressed previously, but has it been stated whether or not the inverted controls ability will have any effect when playing as Emma. I have a hard time imagining the AI being impacted by this.

If it does not, is she the first champ to have an ability completely useless to the player, and only designed to screw up real players fighting her? I understand there are many champions with abilities that are much better on defense than playing with, but off the top of my head I cant think of any that have abilities completely useless to the player.
Of course, if it does have some sort of effect, then this can be disregarded entirely.

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    If you hit with your specials its not going to do anything and since the AI usually doesnt try to evade specials and instead trys to block them it probably wont do anything
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    Wow, an answer, I'm happy I was wrong.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    Narcuul wrote: »
    Spider-man SE taunts do not lower attack of the player?

Not sure on that, but I would think he was referring to making the player use a special attack when fighting Sparky.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited September 2018
    Ch1efster wrote: »

Not sure on that, but I would think he was referring to making the player use a special attack when fighting Sparky.

Yeah, this is just me being a smart-aleck, but that ability has 2 effects, one that may be useless to the computer, but the other that I sincerely doubt is.
    Of course, the inverted controls ability may do something else while it is active, I confess I did not read it super closely.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Difference is, SE Spidey's signature ability has more to it than just the taunts.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115

When you get taunted do you feel 70% more likely to use a special attack?

Probably 70% less likely since it lowers attack as well... so maybe it does have an effect on the player after all...
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Emma's Control Inversion has no effect on the AI, similar to the way that Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)'s Taunts have no effect on the Player.

Hold on, those are different things altogether in my view.
    You're comparing something that can be programmed into the AI (inversion of controls), to a choice made by a player.
    If we use Sparky and place a taunt, it sure has an effect on the AI. Why would the inversion not have an effect?

Sorry, but your answer seems off to me...

If Sparky puts a taunt on me, I can choose to ignore it, if Emma pops an L1, I have to deal with it. The same code inverting my controls can be applied to the AI for the duration of the special. Or at least, it should be applied.

Well the AI will be under the effect of inverted controls, and idk about you but I'm not too certain how inverting the controls of the AI is meant to work.
    They're saying that the use of the ability doesn't necessarily work on both players and AI, like how the control inversion won't necessarily affect the AI and any taunts don't actually increase the chance of the player throwing specials.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    For the control inversion issues, how often are you all firing specials where the defender has a chance to use dexterity in the first place? I know I almost always fire it at the end of a combo.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★

Nobody survives a full 5 hit combo from sparky to tell the tale
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

Nobody survives a full 5 hit combo from sparky to tell the tale

Yeah they do
    It has happened before
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    Wow, a hero whose special attack effects us and not the AI. Pretty pathetic.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »

I hate to make the same joke twice in the same thread but since you’ve ignored what others have said:

Please let me know when you feel 70% more likely to use a special attack if Spark taunts you.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why does it matter whether or not the AI has inverted controls? It will still have the same fighting style when you face it. You will see the AI dash forward to attack and dash backward to move away. Nothing will change
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Yes but starkys effect benefits me the player at the expense of the AI, while Emma Frosts inversion benefits the AI at the cost of me the player. Seems kinda shady to act like these are the same at all, as the only purpose of the control inversion is to be a d### to the real player, me. If this was just a really hard boss that would be interesting, but knowing I could face this woman in an AW where it would benefit the other guy but not me even if I had her as an attacker is a bit of a stretch, and in my opinion a cash grab.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Well guys meet my friend, abomination
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    A champ that is designed for 1 purpose. Aw def.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★

Yeah I do
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

I hate to make the same joke twice in the same thread but since you’ve ignored what others have said:

Please let me know when you feel 70% more likely to use a special attack if Spark taunts you.

I got the joke about taunt and enjoyed it. I was referring to inverted controls. Like the OP was asking, what is the benefit of Inverted Controls when using Emma on the attack? There doesn’t appear to be any.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216

I got the joke about taunt and enjoyed it. I was referring to inverted controls. Like the OP was asking, what is the benefit of Inverted Controls when using Emma on the attack? There doesn’t appear to be any.

And there doesn't need to be any.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Yes, but just to be polite.