**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Epic Uncanny room boss is too much

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    How can people claim something is too difficult when thousands and thousands of us find it so easy? Is it so difficult for people to admit that they are not skilled enough to do something? Are we that full of ourselves and entitled?

i'm with you my fellow summoner, the last couple of months the forum turns into a crying room for everything

- thanos too hard
    - nerf hydra adaptoid
    - nerf emma frost
    - danger rooms are trash

and will keep going in the next EQ, and the next one, and everything new

Never said those words myself. I said it wasn't consistent. A week of fighting 3*s with 3*s, and BAM. UC-level Boss at 6* 30k, for some Frags and 200 Shards. You wouldn't bother touching UC for that. My issue is that it's not consistent with the rest of the Event, and there was no indication of introducing Champs of that level. People are stuck the second they use those Tickets, unless they burn Items or lose the Entry. Consistency was my argument. Not nerf.
    Sooner or later, you have to look at what people are saying, and if a number of people are saying something is off, chances are there's truth to that. The alternative is only validating the Top Percentile, and that leaves a great deal less people willing to participate, or even play.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    4* Thor OG solos Epic Uncanny Emma Frost without problems. Learn to evade Emma’s special attacks and she’s nothing special:

https://youtu.be/L8cLq1Q7uD0
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    How can people claim something is too difficult when thousands and thousands of us find it so easy? Is it so difficult for people to admit that they are not skilled enough to do something? Are we that full of ourselves and entitled?

Almost as full of ourselves as us telling people they're the problem.

Well they are. So whatcha gonna do

Right. So one person after another points something out and they're the problem? Hmm...must be some kind of Mass Exodus, or.....people just enjoy bolstering their Egos and razzing others for having a hard time with something.

Have i ever stated people cant have a hard time? No. if you actually bother reading instead of getting offended you would know my problem is with the people screaming unfair and nerf and such. Heck i found her difficult myself in the beginning, barely scratched her. did i complain or call for a nerf? no, i asked the comunity for advice, i practiced and now i find her easy. people seem to try her once or twice and then start complaining. we have a month for crying out loud. it doesnt help either that we go thru this every month here

Sooner or later, the excuse that people are just crying nerf exhausts itself and you have to realize that it's a good portion of thr Player Base that's saying something. If people are all commenting on the same issue, there's a reason. That needs to be acknowledged, not drowned in rebuttals from people telling others they're just not willing to put the effort in.

that tells me that half of the player base doesn't know how to play and can't face it

Right. So one person after another points something out and they're the problem? Hmm...must be some kind of Mass Exodus, or.....people just enjoy bolstering their Egos and razzing others for having a hard time with something.

Have i ever stated people cant have a hard time? No. if you actually bother reading instead of getting offended you would know my problem is with the people screaming unfair and nerf and such. Heck i found her difficult myself in the beginning, barely scratched her. did i complain or call for a nerf? no, i asked the comunity for advice, i practiced and now i find her easy. people seem to try her once or twice and then start complaining. we have a month for crying out loud. it doesnt help either that we go thru this every month here

Sooner or later, the excuse that people are just crying nerf exhausts itself and you have to realize that it's a good portion of thr Player Base that's saying something. If people are all commenting on the same issue, there's a reason. That needs to be acknowledged, not drowned in rebuttals from people telling others they're just not willing to put the effort in.

that tells me that half of the player base doesn't know how to play and can't face it

Follow that logic and design a game. I encourage you.
    theres a dude doing it with a 2* sl also. no excuses!

I'm not surprised. Most game content that doesn't have timers or LOL's Mark of the Labyrinth can be cleared with low star champions. The "pound the shield" strategy isn't hard to use well - attack while the AI blocks to build their power and evade and counter their special attacks.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    She seemed easy to me. I got all my practice in on the uncollected one. She’s really easy to fight. Just remember the inverted controls. She has power gain so just bait and then punish her specials once you have evaded them. I only took a couple blocked hits since it’s so easy to push her over a bar of power.

People will be so bummed about spending to get her once they realize how easy she is to fight
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    It's very sad the sense of entitlement people feel in this game. Nobody is entitled to beat all the content easily and really what's the point in the game if every event has the difficulty of gwen goes to the movies. I do agree the energy required for the danger rooms and uncanny event are a bit steep. That said nobody is forced to d ok these and the rewards are scaled for the number of fights you have to preform. Free to play or spender it should not matter your game style. We all progress at our chosen speed. Just because you find a new champ difficult doesn't mean they need to be nerfed. Why would you want to play a game that has no challenge. If that as what you want I'd suggest shoots and ladders. This game has different skill levels for every event quest. Just because you are uncollected or have beaten act 5 doesn't mean you should walk through every challenge they put in front of you. That isn't a challenge. If all you want are free rewards they give you that in a daily crystal and a 4 hour crystal. If you want a challenge stop crying for nerfs and learn how to defeat these new opponents they are creating. Emma frost is no harder than thanos infinity war or any other champ they have thrown at you. You just need to learn how to fight her. If you aren't willing to do that then collect your free crystals and let the rest of us enjoy the challenge of the game. I'm free to play and loving the last few event quests. 100% heroic through epic without spending a dime or screaming that champs are unfair. Then again I don't feel entitled to the rewards if I can't beat the new opponents so I don't feel the need to cry about them being mean to the player base.
  • OneManArmy wrote: »

Follow that logic and design a game. I encourage you.

@DOKTOROKTOPUS is blunt to the point of being rude, but most games actually do incorporate the understanding that when they set out to create difficult content, *most* of their players will not appreciate that difficulty level and it will generate a lot of complaints they simply have to accept will happen, because the very definition of difficult content is content most players will not be able to complete fully. You can't judge difficulty solely on the basis of how many players complain about it. You have to examine more carefully what the nature of the complaints are relative to the design intent.

Plus, "I double dare you to design something" is a retort I would only accept from someone with experience with game design. It is kind of silly if one doesn't actually have that experience themselves.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Most of my alliance completed it with ease, way easier than the uncollected frost
    edited September 2018
    I was displaying a point. The point was you can't ignore feedback from the Player Base, and if you generalize or become too cavalier, you're turning your back on a good portion of the reason you design to begin with.
    Quite frankly, I'm tired of people jumping in to silence any question of difficulty whatsoever. It's become entirely too dissociative and disrespectful.
    I was displaying a point. The point was you can't ignore feedback from the Player Base

That’s exactly what Kabam did with the recent MD/dexterity nerf. The beta forum was filled with players’ comments on how implementing the MD/dexterity nerf meant players would be due refunds of rare in-game resources like T5BCs/T2ACs/5* awakening gems in exchange for undoing usage of such resources on certain mystic champions. Nevertheless that’s exactly what happened.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Why is this so hard for people? If you get to a point in the game, a challenge, a special quest thats to hard you have two choices. Spend to clear or throw in the towel. Not all content is meant to be cleared by everyone playing. Speaking of content, where's the LOL thread with people saying "it's to much" and "it's unbalanced" ? There isn't one because not all content is meant to be cleared by every player, unless you refer to your Two options (listed above). Last time I looked epic means EPIC..........
    I was displaying a point. The point was you can't ignore feedback from the Player Base

That’s exactly what Kabam did with the recent MD/dexterity nerf. The beta forum was filled with players’ comments on how implementing the MD/dexterity nerf meant players would be due refunds of rare in-game resources like T5BCs/T2ACs/5* awakening gems in exchange for undoing usage of such resources on certain mystic champions. Nevertheless that’s exactly what happened.

Not what we're talking about. They didn't ignore the feedback. That doesn't automatically mean that people are entitled to Tickets. Nor does it mean they've ruled them out. They explained their stance in the Thread on that.
    My response was to someone saying that half the Players aren't skilled enough, not in reference to Kabam ignoring people.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Epic content should be for your top 20% to clear with little to no pots and your top 20-30% to clear with moderate pot useage. Stop saying it's too hard its supposed to be that way people
  • I was displaying a point. The point was you can't ignore feedback from the Player Base, and if you generalize or become too cavalier, you're turning your back on a good portion of the reason you design to begin with.

Why not say that instead of something completely different then? And while you shouldn't ignore feedback, that doesn't mean you're supposed to always act upon it either. A good game designer will listen to feedback, but not generally act reflexively upon it, which is indistinguishable from ignoring feedback from the outside.

My fundamental design principle when it comes to online games like this is: something for everyone, not everything for someone. In making content targeted at different subsets of the players, you will inevitably make content that only a small subset of players will necessarily enjoy. The correct way to address that, in my opinion, is to make sure there exists other content targeted at those other players. It isn't to try to make everything fit the least common denominator (which should really be called the "greatest common factor" but there's no way to correct that particular mathematical illiteracy).
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    https://youtu.be/nXy2h09HfRA

I used my Juggy to solo her in epic Uncanny danger room.
    You only have to understand the rhythm and then she will be a pie cake.

Watch my video for reference

Thanks
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    From what I've seen, consistently, for the past 4+ months, is certain individual/individuals spending way to much time on the forum complaining about content and boss fights. Time that could be spent Practicing or researching. Attempting to portray taking up the mantel for all those who simply "cant" beat things. We get it, there's an obvious lack of skill. We get it, there's an obvious disconnect in the understanding of in game messages and quest details.

One thing in particular that gets me, One persons opinion does not hold any more validation than anothers. If you find it to hard, cool, point made, move on. The endless round and round to push a personal agenda has become disgusting quite honestly.
    edited September 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I was displaying a point. The point was you can't ignore feedback from the Player Base, and if you generalize or become too cavalier, you're turning your back on a good portion of the reason you design to begin with.

Why not say that instead of something completely different then? And while you shouldn't ignore feedback, that doesn't mean you're supposed to always act upon it either. A good game designer will listen to feedback, but not generally act reflexively upon it, which is indistinguishable from ignoring feedback from the outside.

My fundamental design principle when it comes to online games like this is: something for everyone, not everything for someone. In making content targeted at different subsets of the players, you will inevitably make content that only a small subset of players will necessarily enjoy. The correct way to address that, in my opinion, is to make sure there exists other content targeted at those other players. It isn't to try to make everything fit the least common denominator (which should really be called the "greatest common factor" but there's no way to correct that particular mathematical illiteracy).

I was being flippant to make a point. Surely, I'm not the only one who has done that on here. I've seen you do so many times, so you're not foreign to the concept.
    I do not believe that the intention was to deceive people, but the ultimate effect of the lack of consistency is deceptive. People play all week long, amassing Tickets in a reasonably-challenging Fight with a buffed 3*, only to be caught offguard by a Fight that is MUCH more challenging. Not just a bit. Top Tier. I'm not entertaining the Blanket Statement that not all content is for everyone. I'm quite aware. People are not entitled, blind, careless sheep that can't tell for themselves what's in their range or not. They know what's in their range, and when you have 6 days of reasonable difficulty that leads up to a brick wall, that ruins the entire experience for them. As I've already said, I'm not resentful towards the team. I understand their intentions are to provide an enjoyable experience for as many people as they can. However, when something has an unintended adverse effect, I am inclined to point that out. It's impossible to make judgments on what is within one's range when content is so disproportionate. There is so much focus on making it harder, more challenging, accommodating to End-Game, that there's very little separation. Had it been consistently the same degree of difficulty, people could have easily opted out. Had they been aware of what they were up against, that would be a possibility. Instead, you have a Boss thrown in that doesn't equate in any way to what people have been doing all week long. Coming from Kabam, "Not all content is for everyone." translates to "By design.". Coming from the Players, it translates to "You're not good enough and we are.".
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Quite frankly, I'm tired of people jumping in to silence any question of difficulty whatsoever. It's become entirely too dissociative and disrespectful.

What about the feed back about RDTs for the MD nerf and the compensation "package" they gave out? Should they listen to that feed back too?

What about the feed back about RDTs for the MD nerf and the compensation "package" they gave out? Should they listen to that feed back too?

They should listen to everyone. That doesn't mean they have to do everything people want. My quam is with being silenced by other people. Not petitioning for immediate action.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I haven’t tried the Epic level yet. I went into see what the hero rating needed to be and saw it was 30k. I didn’t want to start with Epic first with a rating like that so I went to check Master and it shows 400 rating... Heroic shows 10k. So what is the actual Master rating supposed to be? 20k? 15k?

3g58401y7y0j.png
    zf12nhmmmomt.png
    oxbvs6mw3xto.png
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

People are not entitled, blind, careless sheep that can't tell for themselves what's in their range or not.

Er, actually it seems like there are many, many people who are EXACTLY like that. I could name some names, but I think we all know who I'm talking about.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    That's not an indication that it will be an UC level-Boss for Epic, when all week long we've been fighting 2× 3*s. That's a stretch, now. Come on.

And you weren't able to use 4/5* champs all week long like you are now either. If you think this bad go try Monthly uncollected. You ain't seen nuthin yet. Wait til you start seeing her as boss/miniboss three times a week in aw also. It's coming, oh it's coming.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I think @GroundedWisdom has a point (words I never expected to say). There really hasn’t been constistancy this week. With the exception of yesterday’s danger room, I finished Epic rooms with little trouble. For the most part Epic was easier than Master all week. Although for me that was because I stopped ranking 2* 3 years ago. I’m fine with that, I’m not one of those people who has to complete every little thing in game. I just did the ones I could.

The inconsistency is not just the danger rooms. While the GP event was a cakewalk the hero rating was showing 25k for Epic. I’m not saying that means uncanny needs to be easy like the GP event, just that it’s really hard to plan for these fights if Kabam doesn’t give accurate hero rating suggestions.

I don’t think they need to nerf anything. I just want some consistency from Kabam so we don’t have to come to the forums to find out what we will be facing. It’s not like they let us spectate these quests before spending the tickets to go into them.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Epic difficulty was specifically created with end game players in mind.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that we can hold onto our tickets in case the future boss is easier than this one? I can take her, but my kids accounts are likely not up to the task. They don’t have a decent counter for her.

Vision AOU, Magik, Medusa, Hyperion, lots of counters to her. Go watch youtube. There's plenty more.
This discussion has been closed.