**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade on Masochism Node

KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
So I've noticed that Blade on Masochism node has a bug while parrying. Both the bleed and the parry get converted. The Regen happens for one buff, but the bleed doesn't stay on. Anyone else have the same issue?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It’s not a bug, that’s just how the interaction works with masochism. Since stun and bleed are applied at the same time, both are prevented.
  • kingbkingb Posts: 84
    Oh damn it I thought it would work like Thor and I could bring him into machchism but sadly no
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    It’s not a bug, that’s just how the interaction works with masochism. Since stun and bleed are applied at the same time, both are prevented.

are you sure? i remember bring thor on that node, and apply stun and armor break and only just one turn into regen, but the other stays
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

are you sure? i remember bring thor on that node, and apply stun and armor break and only just one turn into regen, but the other stays

Thor works differently. Blade applies on well timed blocks, Thor armour breaks after he stuns.

When blade parries, he well times his block and it applies a bleed and stun at the exact same time, which means they are both removed.

When Thor parries, he well times his block and it applies the stun. His sig then takes that and applies an armour break directly after.

The difference is that the functionality is that Thor applies one debuff after the other (just very soon after, visually there’s no separation) and blade applies two at the same time.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

Thor works differently. Blade applies on well timed blocks, Thor armour breaks after he stuns.

When blade parries, he well times his block and it applies a bleed and stun at the exact same time, which means they are both removed.

When Thor parries, he well times his block and it applies the stun. His sig then takes that and applies an armour break directly after.

The difference is that the functionality is that Thor applies one debuff after the other (just very soon after, visually there’s no separation) and blade applies two at the same time.

Yes, this. Since it’s a well timed block, stun and bleed are applied simultaneously. Thor’s sig is different like Bitter described. You can also see this happen with Nebula when she shocks on parry. If you have 20 shock charges saved up and then parry, the stun and 20 shock debuffs would be prevented.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

What's almost certainly happening in the game is that in the case of Blade, a well-timed block applies a stun and a bleed, and masochism is programmed to remove "the debuff" that lands when it is triggered. According to Kabam, masochism cannot be told to only remove one debuff, it removes all debuffs that land at that same moment, so both are removed and the masochism heal is triggered. But when Thor lands a well-timed block, first the stun is applied, and then in reaction to that both masochism triggers which causes the stun to be removed and the heal to be applied, and Thor's signature ability is triggered to apply the armor break. Even though all of this is happening "at the same time" in terms of the game appearance, it happens in a specific order that effectively means masochism never "sees" the armor break to remove it.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★

i get it, i thought it was the same cause both champions apply 2 debuffs with one hit, ty
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Thanks guys! Didn't think it would work that way